Nicotine?

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Anybody here compete that uses tobacco? My coach told me no more nicotine and I didn’t even ask why haha I’m assuming possible water retention? Anyone have any input on this?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a vasorestrictor and causes high blood pressure. If yiu smoke than obviously your vo2 max would be affected

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know guys that compete that dip and vape nicotine and I'm not aware of them having to stop but it's always a good idea to stop. Maybe it has nothing to do with comp and your coach is just trying to save your life lol

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I know guys that compete that dip and vape nicotine and I'm not aware of them having to stop but it's always a good idea to stop. Maybe it has nothing to do with comp and your coach is just trying to save your life lol
😂😂 that’s possible. And it’s definitely a good idea to stop but quitting cold turkey at the end of prep has been extra difficult smh. I’ll find out today and can post what he says if anyone is interested.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
😂😂 that’s possible. And it’s definitely a good idea to stop but quitting cold turkey at the end of prep has been extra difficult smh. I’ll find out today and can post what he says if anyone is interested.
I am actually

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I am actually
Apparently using nicotine affects some peoples sleep as well as curbs their appetite. So if they don’t have it they could be more likely to cheat on their diet (which shouldn’t even be an option). Other than that it’s just to be on the safe side of not having unwanted effects

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Blood pressure is the main hit with nicotine, besides the bother of addiction. It’s cardiotoxic.

I have a family member that vapes; she’s only 115lbs & young but has BP higher than mine (I’m 227lbs with over 100lbs skeletal muscle). She was something like 120s over 80s, at HALF my bodyweight and far less muscle (and no gear lol).

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Blood pressure is the main hit with nicotine, besides the bother of addiction. It’s cardiotoxic.

I have a family member that vapes; she’s only 115lbs & young but has BP higher than mine (I’m 227lbs with over 100lbs skeletal muscle). She was something like 120s over 80s, at HALF my bodyweight and far less muscle (and no gear lol).
No doubt that nicotine is all around bad haha. Main question is how it affects contest prep. 120s over 80s ain’t too bad, I’d be happy if mine was that 😂😂

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
No doubt that nicotine is all around bad haha. Main question is how it affects contest prep. 120s over 80s ain’t too bad, I’d be happy if mine was that 😂😂
I here the patches are the ****...increased focus some compare to Adderral tbh

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
And the gum

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No doubt that nicotine is all around bad haha. Main question is how it affects contest prep. 120s over 80s ain’t too bad, I’d be happy if mine was that
Look at the cohort - 52kg young woman! It ain’t gonna be that low stacked on anyone of any consequential size on gear. She should be 100/70.

What do you mean how it affects prep? If you can’t control BP, you are damaging kidneys. You wear those out and you are out of this game. So you may have to take more drugs to control bp because you are pushing it harder with the nicotine in the stack. If it were me, I would rather take less bp meds, be healthier at the given dose of bp meds, or take more gear for the same higher bp that gear+nicotine would be.

The flip side of course is if you are already addicted, pulling the appetite suppression you already get from nicotine while also prepping is asking for a failed diet.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look at the cohort - 52kg young woman! It ain’t gonna be that low stacked on anyone of any consequential size on gear. She should be 100/70.
Yeah that’s nuts. I’m like 230 and my blood pressure usually reads like 105/65. I don’t know why, mine usually runs slightly low. Not that I’m complaining!

pureburl

Awards
  • Established

What do you mean how it affects prep? If you can’t control BP, you are damaging kidneys. You wear those out and you are out of this game. So you may have to take more drugs to control bp because you are pushing it harder with the nicotine in the stack. If it were me, I would rather take less bp meds, be healthier at the given dose of bp meds, or take more gear for the same higher bp that gear+nicotine would be.

The flip side of course is if you are already addicted, pulling the appetite suppression you already get from nicotine while also prepping is asking for a failed diet.
Only a failed diet if the person is a bitch and cheats on it in which they aren’t ready to compete anyway. But yes, I agree with everything you said