KFC's new Double down sandwich - AnabolicMinds.com

KFC's new Double down sandwich

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

KFC's new Double down sandwich

KFC Double Down Sandwich: Why Use A Bun When You Have Fried Chicken?

so what you guys think? Replace the fried chicken with grilled chicken and it looks the best keto friendly fast food option.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.

And it's because of things like this America is the fattest country in the world lol
  3. Board Sponsor

Truly a marvel of food science.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

looks bomb
    Truth
  5. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

KFC's promo video..

http://www.kfc.com/promos/commercial_doubledown.asp

Seriously when I was on a keto diet eating out was a pain and expensive. Inbetween classes I would usally get some double cheese burgers from mcdonalds and just throw away the bun and still be hungry this sandwich would have been perfect. 2 grilled chicken breast, cheese, and bacon.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I eat KFC every sat. Two grilled chicken breasts, green beans, and corn. MMMmmmmm.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

ok its all fun and good in terms of being grilled/macros/etc but...... have anyone ever seen that documentary where they explain how kfc gets their chicken? at their cost level, its not even a chicken anymore really. just a blob of genetically engineered meat with no feathers and half complete organs. then they raise this alien blob (on artificial feed of course) just long enough to produce a ginormous chicken breast. pump that thing full of water, wash it with some chlorine to kill any bacteria from the facilities and WHAMMMM you got yourself a yummy kfc sandwich. fast food $hit doesnt belong on anyone's menu
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

i read it actually has north of 1300 calories, far above what KFC claims. So although even grilled it may be "low carb" it certainly doesnt fit into any diet save for bulking.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

fast food of any kind is never a good choice.have a raw salmon spinach on whole grain.something your body can use
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    i read it actually has north of 1300 calories, far above what KFC claims. So although even grilled it may be "low carb" it certainly doesnt fit into any diet save for bulking.
    Two grilled chicken breasts contains 70g pro and 8g fat. Fits great into a keto diet and can even be used on a cut.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wedlund6 View Post
    fast food of any kind is never a good choice.have a raw salmon spinach on whole grain.something your body can use
    when your on the run, where the hell would u find that at ?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    exactly, best bet if you haven't prepared something and your on the run is either grabbing a shake/protein bar from a health food shop if you can find one or if eating out go for something like jacket potato/tuna/salad style meals if on a cheap budget.....or go for mixed grill options and have a potato instead of chips
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Two grilled chicken breasts contains 70g pro and 8g fat. Fits great into a keto diet and can even be used on a cut.
    Even so, after reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    ok its all fun and good in terms of being grilled/macros/etc but...... have anyone ever seen that documentary where they explain how kfc gets their chicken? at their cost level, its not even a chicken anymore really. just a blob of genetically engineered meat with no feathers and half complete organs. then they raise this alien blob (on artificial feed of course) just long enough to produce a ginormous chicken breast. pump that thing full of water, wash it with some chlorine to kill any bacteria from the facilities and WHAMMMM you got yourself a yummy kfc sandwich. fast food $hit doesnt belong on anyone's menu
    ...I'm disgusted.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    be perpared know one said it was easy if it were we would all look like branch warren.
  15. Pro Virili Parte

Your from deptford right? If your interested I can hook you up with some local farmers to get organic fruits and begged and free range grass fed meat. Send me a pm and I'll send you some farmers info's.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

that is IF they come in grilled chicken, and that does not account for the "two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce." that it also has on it...1300+ calories.
    During my cut, I take in 1500-1800 per day. How can I rationalize taking in 72% of my total caloric intake in one meal?
    If somebody is cutting @ 2500/day, maybe 1300 could fit into that. Doesnt for me. You have me by 50lbs, so I bet you can cut at that level.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Took the words right out of my mouth
  18. Pro Virili Parte

KFC website says 460 calories for the grilled varation. Maye what you read was 1500 caloires for the entire meal including soda and fries.

I posted this as an option for people on KETO diets. When I was on keto I would be at school from 8am to 1030pm and a half hour from my house so shakes and bars won't always cut it. I uses to eat the weirdest food combos I would eat from convience stores like jerky and boiled eggs or pepperoni sticks and hotdogs. The easiest was 2 double cheese burgers without the bun but was always left hungry.. This sandwich looks filling and a good keto fast food choice.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I wanted one untill I read everything in this thread
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Whatever guys, i'm dieting down and eat this every saturday and am still losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. The food there is awesome and I don't care what anyone else has to say!
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    that is IF they come in grilled chicken, and that does not account for the "two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce." that it also has on it...1300+ calories.
    During my cut, I take in 1500-1800 per day. How can I rationalize taking in 72% of my total caloric intake in one meal?
    If somebody is cutting @ 2500/day, maybe 1300 could fit into that. Doesnt for me. You have me by 50lbs, so I bet you can cut at that level.
    All I was saying was that two chicken breasts are 70g pro 8g fat....i would never eat a sandwich there.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Whatever guys, i'm dieting down and eat this every saturday and am still losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. The food there is awesome and I don't care what anyone else has to say!
    all power to you, just know where it came from.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

all power to you, just know where it came from.
    I am aware. I follow a strict diet mon-fri...sat and sun are my days to loosen up. I don't gorge myself....but just eat what I want when i'm hungry. Nothing structured.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Im happy to hear all the keto dieters are in love with the idea of the sandwich, but come on.

Carbs or no carbs, **** is ****.

I just saw the commercial for this the other day and thought to myself, "Oh great, you know society is doing great when we throw out the bun in liue of a heart attack"
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Its amazing what people are willing to eat after you deep fry it and throw a little bit of salt, cheese and BBQ sauce on it. Im willing to bet you could literally deep fry a piece of sh!t throw some seasoning on it and some cheese, BBQ sauce and sell that mutha f*cker.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  118 lbs.

I'd still avoid buying food from fast food chains. I don't think they're as healthy as the ones prepared from home.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Boner!
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Looks tasty. 540 cals for the fried, 470 for the grilled. Sodium is off the charts.

Gotta call shenanigans on this. They do apparently abuse their chickens tho.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I could go for some off those abused alien chickens right now.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Looks tasty. 540 cals for the fried, 470 for the grilled. Sodium is off the charts.

Gotta call shenanigans on this. They do apparently abuse their chickens tho.
    hahaha my friend please dont tell me you actually think this is quality chicken? the nature of fast food is cost cutting, what gives when you cut costs....quality. ill try to find this documentary, it might have been mentioned in Food Inc. Today we have the technology to raise blobs of meat in complete darkness spraying them with hormones and pesticides. The FDA approves this sh!t because hey nobody has died from eating a chicken breast! Bro they are not even giving these chickens food!!!! Its a hose that goes around and sprays liquid crap all over them so they can eat it off each other. you wanna eat KFC then be my guest, just dont claim to be a healthy eater.
  31. Pro Virili Parte

hahaha my friend please dont tell me you actually think this is quality chicken? the nature of fast food is cost cutting, what gives when you cut costs....quality. ill try to find this documentary, it might have been mentioned in Food Inc. Today we have the technology to raise blobs of meat in complete darkness spraying them with hormones and pesticides. The FDA approves this sh!t because hey nobody has died from eating a chicken breast! Bro they are not even giving these chickens food!!!! Its a hose that goes around and sprays liquid crap all over them so they can eat it off each other. you wanna eat KFC then be my guest, just dont claim to be a healthy eater.
    If you remember the name of the movie shoot me a pm or post it here, I would love to watch it. I don't think any other movie was mentioned in food inc. I did read omnivore dilemma, great book! Read it if you haven't
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I am interested in producing my own genetically engineered chickens. Please do post the video. First is chickens. Next will be humans.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

Just because you occasionally eat KFC doesn't mean you aren't a healthy eater..
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    I am interested in producing my own genetically engineered chickens. Please do post the video. First is chickens. Next will be humans.
    should we include a heavy dose of GH with their testosterone? I was thinking about big boned angry chickens, i want to drink the rage from their veins
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

should we include a heavy dose of GH with their testosterone? I was thinking about big boned angry chickens, i want to drink the rage from their veins
    Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

I saw a video on YouTube - some animal rights activists total job at a chicken processing factory/farm. Not as extreme as the above-mentioned video, but pretty f*ckd. The chicks were on a belt to fall into the grinder (live), and some of them were falling off and snagging up in the gears.
    Still- no Killer Chickens From Outerspace
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

lol, this thread...
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    If you remember the name of the movie shoot me a pm or post it here, I would love to watch it. I don't think any other movie was mentioned in food inc. I did read omnivore dilemma, great book! Read it if you haven't
    Food inc is a decent documentary. I belive it was shot over in europe, and there is no speaking during the documentary, just the beautiful pictres of cows being ripped apart by giant machines.

As well Michael pollin has a few other really good books. But his most recent, which just came out, has had the best reviews thus far. I heard he discusses ObamaCare and why he doesnt belive it will work.

Good book, good guy.
  39. MK9

KFC wasnt mentioned specifically, but I know Mcd's was. KFc was mentioned in a documentary and I want to say Michael Moore produced it, but not quiet sure.
    Yeah its all about money when it comes to fast food. I just hope I dont have a gnarly case of CJD coming in the mail when I'm 50 cause I munched on a few burgers .

Please do post the link for that documentary when you can find it. If you want a new view to the cruelty of creatures check out Vivi Sect..
    MK9
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I personally think their grilled chicken tastes like ass. It leaves this funky chemical aftertaste in your mouth. If I'm eating KFC, its going to be the Colonel's best with the skin removed.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to pimp up my Turkey Sandwich
    By BoyFromAus in forum Recipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
  2. Best Bulking sandwich!
    By MentalTwitch in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 11:21 PM
  3. mcdonalds cold cut sandwich
    By 1ad man in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2