Natural ways to increase testosterone through diet

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys im a teen and been at it since i was 11 years old but it seems like no matter how hard i go and workout it never seemed to translate into results like some other jerks that would do a set and go walk around campus while i bust my ass and dedicate my self to this 24 hour ritual with all my heart and even though results dont come easy for me. i educate my self disclipine my self keep my diet strict and nothing helps, work ethic is one of my greatest attributes. and i think me doc said i have low testosterone. which i think explains. i need help and i think it starts with diet but i dont know how to make my diet boost my testosterone bacause ive done what i know but no major effect ever comes from it.
please help

Enjineer

Awards
I have done tons of research on how to increase test through diet :) First, your going to want to make sure you have plenty of calories throughout the day, do not go more than 3 hours without eating... Your body will go into starvation mode and stop producing test... Get plenty of fats, saturated and monounsaturated are key, try to keep polyunsaturated at a reasonable level... It is most important to get plenty of saturated/monounsaturated right before bed, preferably from olive oil which is proven to help convert cholesterol into test. Eat plenty of zinc, seafood or vitamins are excellent choices. Zinc is essential to many chemical reactions in the body and high levels of zinc can increase testosterone, ZMA before bed with your fats is good. Get plenty of fruits and vegetables, brocolli and pineapple are key. Get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep each night, preferably 8+... And if all else fails, try some natty test boosters, but you should be alright if you can follow some of those tips :) best of luck.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
protein
calories
mono fats
cholesterol

which of those are missing in your diet? as previous post stated, ZMA may help. i'm curious why you think you have low test. unless you're like my friend with one testes (think highlander - there can be only one), you may just be psyching yourself out, and confidence is a big thing in bodybuilding.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
protein
calories
mono fats
cholesterol

which of those are missing in your diet? as previous post stated, ZMA may help. i'm curious why you think you have low test. unless you're like my friend with one testes (think highlander - there can be only one), you may just be psyching yourself out, and confidence is a big thing in bodybuilding.
my diet is clean but my doc said i have low test
i stopped overtrainning for like 1 year
my diet is clean
i eat fat veggies fruits meat

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
how about eggs? how often do you eat those?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
protein
calories
mono fats
cholesterol

how about eggs? how often do you eat those?
you kidding me
i love eggs i usually eat 3-4 eggs in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dang. that's sometimes the missing component of testosterone levels. looks like your diet is pretty inclusive from what i can tell. i assume you do squats and break parallel and do deadlifts, so i'm out of guesses. wish i could help you more brotha.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
As stated earlier you may want take a sup. to increase your test. levels

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
OP, how many hours a night sleep are u getting?
do u consume alcohol?
does ur workout consist of squats & deadlifts?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP, how many hours a night sleep are u getting?
do u consume alcohol?
does ur workout consist of squats & deadlifts?
i sleep like 8-9 hours
no alcohol
and yes
i also do poercleans and olympic lifts

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, seems like you're hittin' it on the head when it comes to increases test levels naturally. Maybe a tribulus?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, seems like you're hittin' it on the head when it comes to increases test levels naturally. Maybe a tribulus?
i thought i wouldnt need test boosters since im a teen?
hmm
could anyone tell me if there is any true to what im about to say...
is it possible that i have more estrogen and that might be supressing my testosterone

ive never used PH or anything close to that but ever since i was little i have had GYNO
i have no idea why, i was always very sensitive, had a squeeky voice for a long time, didnt have until like when i hit 16
could it be that estrogen is my problem and not testosterone

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
A trib is worth a shot IMO. I've used a few different ones since I was 17 or 18, each with weight and strength gains. Everyone's different. Some people may argue using a trib, but I say give it a go.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A trib is worth a shot IMO. I've used a few different ones since I was 17 or 18, each with weight and strength gains. Everyone's different. Some people may argue using a trib, but I say give it a go.
what about an estrogen blocker??!!!

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure on that subject. I'll let someone else chime in there.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yea, i think his doctor needs to examine this further.. other than just saying "ur testosterone is low".

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, i think his doctor needs to examine this further.. other than just saying "ur testosterone is low".
Exactly. Ask your doc for a blood test looking at total and free T levels a well as estrodiol and prolactin levels(basically a whole horomone panel). This should give you a much better understanding of the underlying cause of the situation. Or as him for a referral to a good endocrinologist.

JMD

Awards
Hey, I've been looking into this for a while, and this is what I've found:
ZMA (I know this one is obvious)
Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables (They purportedly make your body favor
conversion to Estriol instead of Estradiol)
Eggs(This was already mentioned in another post, but it doesn't hurt to say it again)
White button mushrooms (There have been studies that claim that these and other
mushrooms have AI capabilities)
Fish oil(Omega 3's and healthy fats)
Garlic and Onions- I have seen so many articles claiming that the Allicin in garlic and onions is a testosterone booster, but I cannot find a single study. Can anyone point me in the right direction?