early morning pre w/o meal

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
to the people who w/o in the morning before work or school, what do you eat to make it through a w/o?

i get up and take my pre w/o supps, wait about 30 minutes then eat a slice of wheat bread and a shake, shortly there after i'm in the gym.

i guess i'm wondering if i should consume more carbs pre w/o. my energy is ok in the gym but its all from the supps. and that wheat bread does not enter my blood stream for a while anyway.

eh, just thinking again, what do you guys consume?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasted!

1 AP, 2 Recreate, 3 PowerFULL, Jacked, BCAA's, cell volumizers - fasted.

Last set - 1 P-Slin, 30 mins later 50 grams protein and 35 to 50 grams of oats.

keeper

I have a good bud who's an 8 time world champ powerlifter. He swears by tuna and pasta for his morning pre w/o meal.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I have a good bud who's an 8 time world champ powerlifter. He swears by tuna and pasta for his morning pre w/o meal.
i guess that's not bad if you have the time and don't mind putting on weight like that. working out on a full stomach makes me want to puke though. ever try and squat with a full belly.....bad things happen

keeper

i guess that's not bad if you have the time and don't mind putting on weight like that. working out on a full stomach makes me want to puke though. ever try and squat with a full belly.....bad things happen
He uses canned tuna and the m/wave noodles. Not a large amount, then does BCAA's and Kre-Alkaline. He works out about 30 min's later. He does no cardio, but lifts heavy 4 times a week. He's 5'9, 225 and about 12% bf. He's built like a bull.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what your going for. Some lift fasted, some eat alot. Either way I would get a BCAA drink in there. In your situation I would take a Waxymaize/BCAA drink pre.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
You just gotta do what works for you. I can't work out fasted. I have tried. My focus just isn't the same. Eat something quick and easily digestible.

Try this:
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop protein
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp heavy cream and water (or whole milk)

That always worked great for me. Just experiment.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Id roll w/ some Xtend pre/intra workout. If I eat before I lift, Ill puke or get so sick I gotta leave

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I usually do something like this:

1 AP
1 cup of oatmeal (roughly 50 g carbs)
2 scoops of whey
banana

And about 45 mins later whatever you take for preworkout (Me, I use Anabolic Pump and Ragnarok)