DIET FOR DUMMIES

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
i have just in the past 4-5 months really started watching my diet and i have notice when i eat right and stay away from the garbage i crave food all day long, but if i do eat more on the simple carb side i dont get as hungry as often. can any one tell me why this is?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i think simple carbs spike the blood sugar more and also take longer to digest

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
actually complex carbs(good carbs) take longer to digest and give a gradual steady shot of energy through out the day and simple carbs (bad carbs) are the ones you that act fast like say a candy bar-a quick bost of energy.

orangerain

Awards
As everyone said, good carbs are those that can get you through the day without making you crave for sweets and such. They can definitely keep you feeling full for the whole day. That's good for you.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I do love eating every 2-3 hours. Nice stable energy the whole day plus the absence of insulin spikes kills any cravings I get whatsoever for junk food.

rab71

rab71

Awards
I have found when I get good protein in my diet I am not as hungry there for I eat smaller meals. But I stll try to eat every 2-3 hours. I relieve myself more as well... Yeah TMI...

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The reason that you get hungry when you eat clean whole foods instead of crap is because whole foods are less calorie dense and we tend to judge how much to eat by the volume of food. This is why it is important to track your calorie intake if you are serious about your goals.