I hate carbs. Thank you Anabolic Diet.

clr18287

Awards
Being on the Anabolic Diet has made me realize how truly villainous carbohydrates are for my body. It is unbelievable how lazy and dead I feel during my carb-up. Now I know why people say that they cannot wait one more second to get back to the AD diet plan. I love protein and fat. I will never eat differently.

Can anybody suggest a successful carb up routine for me that won't make me feel disgusting? Should I just eat turkey and sweet potatoes/rice all day next time? I think this weekend I had myself one too many PBJ's.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like using 1 pslin and 1 gbol with 150g of carbs for breakfast. Then same dosing for post workout. Then 1 more carb meal after that then I start back to the protein fat. Works well. I try and do low glycemic pre and high gly post and low post post.

Carb intake looks like this for me...

175 pre workout. 100 post 50 post post

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also wehen I carb up I don't have any fat with the meals with carbs in it just because fat decreases glycemic index and absorbtion time to the small intestin

clr18287

Awards
Sounds like a huge departure from Pasquale's suggestions. You still find that such a low level of carbohydrates saturates your glycogen stores.. or are you playing it safe and not allowing any chance for fat spillover?

I use AST's R-ALA 200mg with each carb meal.. makes my muscles feel ridiculously full. Is Glycobol worth the 60?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really enjoy glycobol. But I'm also a rep! But use what works for you. insuleank is pretty decent but doesn't pack that punch!

I try and keep it so that I don't spill over but I do think I can have more carbs. I keep increasing it as the weeks go on

itzgambino

Awards
same with me! The AD showed me how carb dependent our society has come to be when it is totally unneccessary. Try easing off simple carbs as that tends to happen to me when I indulge in chocolate or something. Someone else also told me to still monitor your fat like mentioned above. I usually try to keep any dirty foods to a short period of the day as a treat.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i love carbs.

especially pancakes with strawberries and whipcream and brownies

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Every so oftern ill hit up ihop for the whole wheat pancakes and a big steak omlete with home fries

clr18287

Awards
haha yea i find myself dreaming of carbs on friday... I'll go to the store and buy some bad **** (blueberry muffins, brownies...chocolate dipped double decker pbj) and save it for the next day but I basically drool the entire night thinking about it. Then..I finally eat it and feel like garbage. I swear next weekend will be rice and sweet potatoes only. Any way to get some glycobol samples?

itzgambino

Awards
yea cramming in the good stuff is what kills us on the weekend :( .. Yea I mean I still let myself eat some **** but try to keep it majority clean, you deserve a little sweet **** on the carb load just not heaps load lol

clr18287

Awards
i'm adding slimxtreme to the mix tomorrow so and i'll be keeping a log so should be interesting. possibly leanfx stacked or just leanfx if it turns out i dont like the whole stim thing. green tea is really what i'm used to and enjoy. I'm going to follow crazyfool's suggestions with the carb up.

thanks a lot, all.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its definetly pretty freaking awesome!! thanks for takin the time to listen.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What is your typical carb up that makes you feel like crap? I ususally go overboard on sweets and feel bad. I try to spread it out evenly like any other day. When I gorge at breakfast, then pound a ton of carbs later at each meal = fat slob syndrome for me. Me and the wife have actually been walking to breakfast on sat to a couple small restaurants that are a mile or 2 from our house. Chow down, then walk back. It helps with breakfast but then I say screw it as the day goes on and end up eating ice cream, cookies, crackers, whatever.

Raptorbh12

Awards
I ususally go overboard on sweets and feel bad. I try to spread it out evenly like any other day. When I gorge at breakfast, then pound a ton of carbs later at each meal = fat slob syndrome for me. Me and the wife have actually been walking to breakfast on sat to a couple small restaurants that are a mile or 2 from our house. Chow down, then walk back. It helps with breakfast but then I say screw it as the day goes on and end up eating ice cream, cookies, crackers, whatever.
I do the same thing pretty much. All week long my diet stays flawless then I eat all the forbidden foods on my carb up days (weekend). I do for the most part stay within caloric total limits but the macro breakdown isnt the best. My fiance loves making brownies and cookies and pushing ice cream on me during the weekends and its tough to resist.

clr18287

Awards
yea, whats the best macro setup for the weekend carb ups? I think pasquale's fat recommendation is a bit higher than my fat kid metabolism can handle.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha yea i find myself dreaming of carbs on friday... I'll go to the store and buy some bad **** (blueberry muffins, brownies...chocolate dipped double decker pbj) and save it for the next day but I basically drool the entire night thinking about it. Then..I finally eat it and feel like garbage. I swear next weekend will be rice and sweet potatoes only. Any way to get some glycobol samples?
Nutraplanet may have a trial pack if not email me at [email protected]

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
the ideal macro matchup is 70/15/15 C/F/P

example : i usually do 5-600 carbs/ 45 g fat / 110 or so g protein ( you dont need as much protein on the carb up days.

high GI carbs for first 24 hours, and if you need 2 days to do a full refeed, the second 24 hours you want to do low GI carbs and less fat.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't really agree with that high gi first 24 hours. Your bodys glycogen stores fill up as the day goes by. And post workout I'd say slam 100-150g waxy for great supersompensation keep it clean tho. Not overly clean but definetly don't go overboard! I keep protien the same and lower my fat to as low as I can. Mainly because while doing this its very anabolic as well and can really help bring up weaker body parts so protein is still important. It doesn't have to be the 300g u get everyday but atleast ur bodyweight

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
So explain to me, if you guys are eating basically no carbs then how can you fit a balanced diet between just protein and fats? Vegetables and fruits that are a natural source of antioxidants/vitamins/etc are all carbohydrates. Much of my diet consists of fruits and vegetables and I dont feel as good without them. Not knocking on anyone's diet, but isnt it unnatural to cut out all those nutrients because they are carbs?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So explain to me, if you guys are eating basically no carbs then how can you fit a balanced diet between just protein and fats? Vegetables and fruits that are a natural source of antioxidants/vitamins/etc are all carbohydrates. Much of my diet consists of fruits and vegetables and I dont feel as good without them. Not knocking on anyone's diet, but isnt it unnatural to cut out all those nutrients because they are carbs?
well supplements are used to "supplemnent" ones diet

Berry greens, or juice plus, Greens+ , even a very good multi can cover most bases if not all and i personally dont eat fruit im not a fan if i do its only in the morning. veggies im not a fan of either but if they are around and made ill eat them, but not while i diet.

on any keto diet veggies are allowed just certain ones, sugar is our main concern.

ahsswimmaster

Awards
As long as I don't go over my daily calories and keep fat very low, does it really matter about being exactly 70% carbs? can I eye ball it and go mostly simple carb with a bit of protein?

Btw does the low carb diet keep u consistently loosing weight?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't really agree with that high gi first 24 hours. Your bodys glycogen stores fill up as the day goes by. And post workout I'd say slam 100-150g waxy for great supersompensation keep it clean tho. Not overly clean but definetly don't go overboard! I keep protien the same and lower my fat to as low as I can. Mainly because while doing this its very anabolic as well and can really help bring up weaker body parts so protein is still important. It doesn't have to be the 300g u get everyday but atleast ur bodyweight

read lyles take on it. he suggests that your body creates glycogen at a more rapid pace during the first 24 hours of the refeed. i can attest that i feel amazing after a day of mainly high GI stuff, then add in a couple servings of noodles throughout the day. alot better than my first refeed where i ate qdoba with all those beans and stuff.

i guess it depends on the individual. all im saying is thats how the man laid it out, and i got good results from it ( only gained 2.5lbs off my sugary refeed, as opposed to 6lbs on my starchy refeed)

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
dude i love carbs. when i eat super high carb on one meal, my muscle feels super hard and full and i have so much energy!!! plus my veins are freaking crazy :D

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
read lyles take on it. he suggests that your body creates glycogen at a more rapid pace during the first 24 hours of the refeed. i can attest that i feel amazing after a day of mainly high GI stuff, then add in a couple servings of noodles throughout the day. alot better than my first refeed where i ate qdoba with all those beans and stuff.

i guess it depends on the individual. all im saying is thats how the man laid it out, and i got good results from it ( only gained 2.5lbs off my sugary refeed, as opposed to 6lbs on my starchy refeed)
i know lyles take up on it, i just dont agree with all high GI foods. that **** puts me to bed faster then a xanax bar bro. ill only do waxy post workout..... but it also depends how you do it i guess if you do full body depletion workout the day of carb up with a little power bar pre workout i can see how itll work better. but i dont do it that way, and ive had good results soo far. i mean dont get me wrong i get the cravings but im at the point in my diet where im extending the keto part instead of cutting out the cheat/refeed.

i also dont do 36 hours of refeeding! and stop all carbs before night time.

each week i increase my carbs until i feel like i spill over. and the next day i run in the morn sweat some out and it feels great.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
personally i refeed about 17 hrs. i wake up at 6 30 am, do a depletion workout, then i eat till about 11pm that night.

id feel pretty gross if i did more than 1 day of that

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
personally i refeed about 17 hrs. i wake up at 6 30 am, do a depletion workout, then i eat till about 11pm that night.

id feel pretty gross if i did more than 1 day of that
yea well also after dieting keto for 13 weeks my bodys responce to carb intake is...... bloating gas horrible distended stomach and next day bathroom runs like all day.

my refeed is pretty simple, i dont do depletion workout , i get around 8 workouts in before each refeed, im depleted enough...

meal 1 is a mix of maple brown sugar cream of wheat and regular cream of wheat, equating around 110g carbs. then a big bowl or regular cheerios (bout 2 cups maybe a lil more) and a protein shake as the milk.

comes out to around 160-175 g carbs. then ill head to the gym for a workout of the body part i need most work on. then 45 min cardio then 2 servings of dark matter, then 2 hours later either brown rice, whole wheat bread, or sweet potato or mix of 2 of the above with some chicken, then i continue with protein and fat rest of the day.

i use gbol and pslin and the fat burner i made on custom capsule that has gdas in it. so im pretty pumped. as i get leaner i add in another meal of carbs.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
I always tell myself Ill eat clean on my carb ups but every saturday I pig out and feel like ****. Never fails. I then commence to punish myself Mon-Fri and I feel lean and mean, then I repeat, I cant help it, Carbs are addicting

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
A near zero carb diet is catabolic to muscles. Also, having the body produce its glucose mainly from fats produces ketones, too much of which are bad for you. Carbs are GOOD - you don't have to eat a ton of pasta at once, and then conclude that carbs are bad because you feel rotten afterward. Everything in balance and moderation.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
A near zero carb diet is catabolic to muscles. Also, having the body produce its glucose mainly from fats produces ketones, too much of which are bad for you. Carbs are GOOD - you don't have to eat a ton of pasta at once, and then conclude that carbs are bad because you feel rotten afterward. Everything in balance and moderation.
I agree somewhat. But with this diet you include 2 carb-up days. So in essence you take advantage of a near keto state for 5/7 days and the glyco load for 2/7 days. Its cyclical. Obviously I wouldnt keep this diet on a bulk. But it is very efficient on a cut. Im saying this from my personal experience. Though anectdotal, it has been superior to everything Ive tried so far.
down from 239 to 210 with no loss of strength. Bodyfat from 17-12. Im happy with it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
U don't think u ever really achieve ketosis on this diet with 2 carb up days. Remember when muscle glycogen depletes is when when ur body wikl start to produce the ketones. After 2 days carbs it'll take at least 3-5 days to get back into ketosis depending on hpw much u eat. Plus. The metaboilism shift is going to have u burn more aminos for energy during the switch from glucose to ketones. And essentially bc of the short amount of time spent in that no carb state ur not really going to be doin very well I'd rather see a 2 day carb up after 8-10days.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think the best keto diet is modified from dave palumbos philosify mixing in some of dan duchaines princibles and maybe skips loading every soo often!

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
This is how it works out for me:
Please feel free to critique (Note that im in a calorie deficit all days except Sat and Sun and those carb ups are at maintnance calories)
What I like to do is move my heavy compound lifting days right after the carb ups. I use HIIT(at least 30 minutes its pretty intense cardio) cardio these days (Mon & Tues) And Ill incorporate some HIIT around Wed to glycogen deplete. Ill maintain LISS cardio the rest of the week (cardio everyday) I usually enter into a near keto state (its funny, i can usually taste it literally in my saliva) around Wednesday night. I intentionally lower my calories about 500 more (already in deficit at this point) cal a day by this point, until Saturday. It has been working well for me.
I do notice large flucuations in weight through the week. I have to mentally prepare for the flucuations I go through feeling fat and full to looking ripped and vascular. The net result so far has been great fat burning while actually making slow gains. Im sure I could lose weight faster but at the expense of muscle. Its been a learning experience. My goal is 9-10 percent BF and im close. I can good ab seperation when flexed, but Im wanting that look when relaxed and I want the belly button ridge.

I agree with skipping carb ups once in a while if your goal is purely fat oxidation but the carb ups help immensely with maintaining muscle mass. As im preparing for a beach vacation in about 4 weeks, im going to get pretty militant with my carb ups probably limiting my self to 1-2 carbup meals every 8-10 days like you suggest.

I notice when Im in ketosis and I lower my calories my weight drops fast, part of that is water weight, but I feel like a fat burning machine. Its not a state I like to stay in very long, but I see the benefit of it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe skips loading every soo often!

Maybe?!?!? Every Saturday and Sunday :18:

It workd great for me. I did 4 weeks of that around febuary and I actually gained LBM! I started at like 201 and ended at about 205lbs with a slimmer waist.

But your right, it's not for everyone.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea my metabolism isn't for it but with skip loading there's also a depletion workout that helps much more however I don't do depletion workouts. I work around my weak muscle groups. Ill do a **** load day. But I always try and limit fats. Maybe I wont

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea my metabolism isn't for it but with skip loading there's also a depletion workout that helps much more however I don't do depletion workouts. I work around my weak muscle groups. Ill do a **** load day. But I always try and limit fats. Maybe I wont
Yea I was always doing a depletion workout every friday evening. The skip load works very well with the college lifestlye.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
depletion workouts are very hard for me to do!

cant figure out what it is but i always get dizzy and nauseas doing them.

even if i have a little bit of carbs before i do them

how many sets of each exercise do you do and how do you work your workout before that full body one?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depletion workouts are very hard for me to do!

cant figure out what it is but i always get dizzy and nauseas doing them.

even if i have a little bit of carbs before i do them

how many sets of each exercise do you do and how do you work your workout before that full body one?
I was getting the same way as you doing a routine outlined by Lyle I think it was.

I would hit Chest/Back/Shoulders on Monday....Tuesday was legs and arms....wed n thur were cardio then depletion.

I did about 20 exercises total and usually 2 exercises. The pump I got was huge pump that usually stayed until sunday. If you want I can find my workout and PM it to you?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was getting the same way as you doing a routine outlined by Lyle I think it was.

I would hit Chest/Back/Shoulders on Monday....Tuesday was legs and arms....wed n thur were cardio then depletion.

I did about 20 exercises total and usually 2 exercises. The pump I got was huge pump that usually stayed until sunday. If you want I can find my workout and PM it to you?
yea please do

ive been making great progess on my split ive been using so i dont do more then one muscle group per day im up to 20 pullups in a clip my PR on bench is at its all time high

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently looking for a new diet.

is the anabolic diet your referring to the one by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established

Not the case when you diet correctly. Low carb diets are protective of muscle. The requirements for glucose drop tremendously. The brain will supplement as much as around 70 percent of its glucose needs with ketones. That means with the average of 100 grams of glucose for basic needs, 70 are compensated for with ketones. Getting 20-30 grams of glucose through the carb allotment for the day pretty much covers all the glucose your body will need to survive.

And the body doesn't produce its glucose mainly from fats. It goes in the order of dietary carbohydrates (which you do consume on the AD), then its dietary protein, which up to 52 percent of which can be synthesized into glucose, then fats which yield about 2 percent. Your body can also tap into glycogen stores in the body.

Which leads to carb loads which supercompensate the levels of glycogen in the muscles.

Too many ketones are bad for you, but in healthy subjects ketoacidosis never develops in the body.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
This is how it works out for me:
Please feel free to critique (Note that im in a calorie deficit all days except Sat and Sun and those carb ups are at maintnance calories)
What I like to do is move my heavy compound lifting days right after the carb ups. I use HIIT(at least 30 minutes its pretty intense cardio) cardio these days (Mon & Tues) And Ill incorporate some HIIT around Wed to glycogen deplete. Ill maintain LISS cardio the rest of the week (cardio everyday) I usually enter into a near keto state (its funny, i can usually taste it literally in my saliva) around Wednesday night. I intentionally lower my calories about 500 more (already in deficit at this point) cal a day by this point, until Saturday. It has been working well for me.
I do notice large flucuations in weight through the week. I have to mentally prepare for the flucuations I go through feeling fat and full to looking ripped and vascular. The net result so far has been great fat burning while actually making slow gains. Im sure I could lose weight faster but at the expense of muscle. Its been a learning experience. My goal is 9-10 percent BF and im close. I can good ab seperation when flexed, but Im wanting that look when relaxed and I want the belly button ridge.

I agree with skipping carb ups once in a while if your goal is purely fat oxidation but the carb ups help immensely with maintaining muscle mass. As im preparing for a beach vacation in about 4 weeks, im going to get pretty militant with my carb ups probably limiting my self to 1-2 carbup meals every 8-10 days like you suggest.

I notice when Im in ketosis and I lower my calories my weight drops fast, part of that is water weight, but I feel like a fat burning machine. Its not a state I like to stay in very long, but I see the benefit of it.
Yes, weight does drop quickly while you are in ketosis, glycogen holds onto water in the muscles, which is why you might look flat at the end of the week. Tasting the ketones in your mouth would most likely indicate a deeper state of ketone excretion, when I was using keto sticks the day after my carb load I would show ketones.

As for maximizing fat loss and speed to get back into ketosis, you can look to later the carb load too, making sure not to get in too much sugar.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
@ ThomasRivera

Well I did it again this carb up, I overdid it and felt guilty. Especially cause I got the beach vacation coming up. I ended up going to the gym and getting in my workout which didnt go as well as Id hope. Anyway I hit the treadmill and did 5.25 miles, burned about 900 calories.(maybe catabolic, but im in the military and cardio fitness is also a concern) I want to get back into fat burning mode fast. Burn up that glycogen and get into ketosis. One thing I did notice, that this week that I dropped my fat intake (cleaner sources of protien), I suffered in the weights today, not as strong. Guess those fats are muscle protective after all. Oh well, you live and u learn.
How does your diet/workout setup look like?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
all i know is, i freaked out yesterday on my refeed. had probably 6000 cals. i was shooting for 3400.

its been FOREVER since i had papa john's pizza, so i talked to my friend who is a manager and she let me make my own sausage and pepperoni thin crust.

had 5 pieces, some peppermint schnapps,a brownie or two, a bowl of fruity pebbles, and a beer before i crashed lol.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
@ ThomasRivera

Well I did it again this carb up, I overdid it and felt guilty. Especially cause I got the beach vacation coming up. I ended up going to the gym and getting in my workout which didnt go as well as Id hope. Anyway I hit the treadmill and did 5.25 miles, burned about 900 calories.(maybe catabolic, but im in the military and cardio fitness is also a concern) I want to get back into fat burning mode fast. Burn up that glycogen and get into ketosis. One thing I did notice, that this week that I dropped my fat intake (cleaner sources of protien), I suffered in the weights today, not as strong. Guess those fats are muscle protective after all. Oh well, you live and u learn.
How does your diet/workout setup look like?
Everything varies, even though i've been doing CKD for a long time i play around with it. Usually my intake of fat is around 60 percent and my protein is around 40 percent. I like to cycle my calories through the week according to when I carb load, which I like to do every 8-14 days. If I plan to do 14 days without a carb load I do a mid period carb spike from around 100-200 carbs after I workout. Carb loads I try to keep compact, 24-36 hours while triyng to keep sugar and fructose intake down.

When it comes to workouts I do a leg day, chest and tricep, back and bicep and shoulder day. I do HIIT everyday I dont workout and on days when my legs aren't too sore. I don't really count it but I do low intensity too because I walk to my gym and back home which is about 40 minutes total walking time. The day after I finish carbloading I do some low intensity cardio then go into leg work.

clr18287

Awards
this thread is awesome. thanks for all your responses, it's got a lot of good tips that I am definitely going to use with my CKD. I am definitely in agreeement about extending the low carb days to 8-14 days, weekends sometimes don't seem to do it. It's like a vacation.. you always need two weeks.. one week to relax and reset, and then the next week is pure sweetness a.k.a pure fatburning. I like the suggestion of keeping carbs to 175-200g instead of having an ice cream and cake binge like I have been... that needs to stop - I tell myself my carb up will be clean everytime but goddamnit i love carbs. I love them until i've eaten enough to hate them.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
this thread is awesome. thanks for all your responses, it's got a lot of good tips that I am definitely going to use with my CKD. I am definitely in agreeement about extending the low carb days to 8-14 days, weekends sometimes don't seem to do it. It's like a vacation.. you always need two weeks.. one week to relax and reset, and then the next week is pure sweetness a.k.a pure fatburning. I like the suggestion of keeping carbs to 175-200g instead of having an ice cream and cake binge like I have been... that needs to stop - I tell myself my carb up will be clean everytime but goddamnit i love carbs. I love them until i've eaten enough to hate them.

Going longer with a lower carb period is definitley more beneficial to the fat burning process especially when you are starting out. If you carb load the first week you start a CKD diet you going into a period that looks like this.

Days one, two and (three) = transition days where fat burning is not yet maximized
Day (three) four = First 24-48 hours of being in a ketogenic fat burning mode, some people take up to three days to enter this state, some don't.
Day five = Half of that day, depending on when you carb load is spent in a fat burning mode.

Out of that first five day period in 120 hours you will spend on the low end just about 36 hours in ketosis and up to the higher end of 60/70 hours in ketosis.

In the sense of maximizing the diet it is more important to delay the carb load. First to get enough training time to adequately lower glycogen stores for the carb load, second to get the brain more dependent on burning ketones in place of glucose.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Going longer with a lower carb period is definitley more beneficial to the fat burning process especially when you are starting out. If you carb load the first week you start a CKD diet you going into a period that looks like this.

Days one, two and (three) = transition days where fat burning is not yet maximized
Day (three) four = First 24-48 hours of being in a ketogenic fat burning mode, some people take up to three days to enter this state, some don't.
Day five = Half of that day, depending on when you carb load is spent in a fat burning mode.

Out of that first five day period in 120 hours you will spend on the low end just about 36 hours in ketosis and up to the higher end of 60/70 hours in ketosis.

In the sense of maximizing the diet it is more important to delay the carb load. First to get enough training time to adequately lower glycogen stores for the carb load, second to get the brain more dependent on burning ketones in place of glucose.
i believe i mentioned something like this in a previous post. plus the initial transition into ketosis you use glucose and aminos more readily as opposed to very little aminos n more ketones as your metabolism shifts into that ketogenic state! thats why waiting 7days MIN and 14 day Max for me has worked very well.