I hate carbs. Thank you Anabolic Diet.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i diet straight up on ezikel bread :) my carbs get as low to a point where i have 4 slices a day IMO works better than brown rice for me more protein and fiber per serving and less carbs

hailrazor

Awards
Being on the Anabolic Diet has made me realize how truly villainous carbohydrates are for my body. It is unbelievable how lazy and dead I feel during my carb-up. Now I know why people say that they cannot wait one more second to get back to the AD diet plan. I love protein and fat. I will never eat differently.

Can anybody suggest a successful carb up routine for me that won't make me feel disgusting? Should I just eat turkey and sweet potatoes/rice all day next time? I think this weekend I had myself one too many PBJ's.
easiest thing is eat your very favourite carb containing meal for lunch. for me it's pizza. no need to carb up the whole day, one large meal is enough. you get more than 150g of carbs when you eat pizza and that's all in one meal. 150g will be about 4 times the amount of what you eat on your "no" carb days.
you'll see that works great

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
150 carbs isnt enough to restore glycogen after 7-10 days of working out and eating less than 30 carbs a day.

the point of the refeed is to spike insulin and grow, not just to get an energy boost.

although it might work for you, your 150 carb idea is something completely different than the anabolic diet.

macros for the refeed should be 70/15/15 carb/protein/fat

given those ratios, 600 cals shouldnt make up 70% of your cals for the day.

clr, i think you need to re-read bodyopus. lyle says to eat mainly high GI stuff for the first 24 hours ( and i think that would cover your entire refeed), and stay around 50-70g of fat depending on your LBM. given that, i dont know how you managed to eat more than 1 or maybe 2 pb&j sandwiches at 14g of fat a serving of peanut butter.

clr18287

Awards
beast, sir. I have never read body opus. mistake? I think the anabolic diet is a great segue into something more advanced. For example.. the first diet I ever tried was the Abs Diet.. great diet, really simple. As I started getting into it I ran into Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle and learned A LOT about food and nutrition. I used it to get down to 8% BF but I got sick and felt awful at that level of body fat.. a separate topic I plan on posting about in a minute. I gained about 15 pounds back and I've been stuck at 12-14%BF ever since... feeling better though! I want to be around 9.5%, where i felt great and looked great. Taking the AD with Lyle's many grains of salt may be what I need to break through the unplanned madness of the AD. Thanks for the tip, I'll buy the book tonight.

I tried the fewer carbs concept last weekend and I think it wasn't enough for me to get through this week feeling strong. My workouts sucked balls. I did lose more BF though. So it was a good tip. I'll get back with results in a couple of weeks.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Being on the Anabolic Diet has made me realize how truly villainous carbohydrates are for my body. It is unbelievable how lazy and dead I feel during my carb-up. Now I know why people say that they cannot wait one more second to get back to the AD diet plan. I love protein and fat. I will never eat differently.

Can anybody suggest a successful carb up routine for me that won't make me feel disgusting? Should I just eat turkey and sweet potatoes/rice all day next time? I think this weekend I had myself one too many PBJ's.
I have been there.

Stay away from sugar bro. There is a reason Arnold once accused refined sugar as being evil. It makes you feel like trash. It's detrimental to your goals in more ways than one.

Stick with complex carbs as best as you can. If you are cutting try to limit fat as much as possible. If you are bulking let loose, but still try to avoid refined sugars as much as possible.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
A near zero carb diet is catabolic to muscles.
Negative Ghost Rider.

You flat out don't know what you are talking about here.

A high fat, High Protein, Low carb diet is simultaneously anabolic and anti-catabolic. Carbs build fat before they ever build muscle. That's why high carb dieters need such an extensive cutting phase (in which they usually drop out carbs...lol).

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I think the best keto diet is modified from dave palumbos philosify mixing in some of dan duchaines princibles and maybe skips loading every soo often!

I don't think Di Pasquale would agree.

Both Dave and Dan still relied on extraneous drug administration. Mauro intended his diet to be an alternative. Besides vitamins and choice amino acids there is no chemical assistance here.

It's something to bear in mind when undertaking the program.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently looking for a new diet.

is the anabolic diet your referring to the one by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale?
No one seemed to answer you.

In my case the answer is yes.

Try it. You seem to be fairly lean in your picture. The cutting phase in his diet is great, but the bulking phase is nothing short of phenomenal. You and your friends will swear that you are "on something", I can pretty much promise you that if you work the program as intended.