Opinions Please

vector18

vector18

Awards
I'd like to know you guys opinions on my pre and post workout drinks/food.

About one hour before workout I eat a light meal of chicken or whole wheat pasta.
Than 30 minutes before workout one spoon of peanut butter.
On the drive to the gym, shaker bottle of NO powder,creatine,whey protein & water.
After workout shaker bottle of whey protein,creatine,glyco maize,L-glutamine
& 3 bcaa pills
One hour after workout, chicken,vegetables and/or whole wheat pasta.

What ya guys think? Should I tweak/change anything?

joelast

joelast

Awards
How much of everything are you having? Post looks good but I don't like eating so soon pre, i usually have a cup of oats and a scoop of whey 90 mins pre, don't think the fats are really needed. The problem with eating so close to the lift is your body allocates blood to digest the food, taking away from blood to the muscles your training.

vector18

vector18

Awards
I realize about the blood to muscle so I try to make the one hour pre meal a light meal.
I eat as soon as I get home from work and than about an hour or so I have to hit the gym
before it gets too late in the night, so I don't have a choice regarding eating.
As far as how much of each item with the powders goes is I only use one scoop of each
as I mentioned at the times I consume them. I can't see using more than one scoop
since the body really can't utilize that much of one serving per serving?
The only thing I really question is should I add the glyco maize in my pre workout
drink and should I add one more scoop or 1/2 scoop of protein to my post?

guitarrob

Awards
I always take down some whey powder right after my workouts, I believe it's absorbed quicker than other protein sources, and right after is the best time to take it

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
I'd like to know you guys opinions on my pre and post workout drinks/food.

About one hour before workout I eat a light meal of chicken or whole wheat pasta.
Here is my question: Why a protein OR a carb? They are completely different macros that do completely different things once ingested? Do you change up between them depending on the workout?

vector18

vector18

Awards
Coach, 1st off, very nice avatar! 2nd, it's whatever I'm in the mood for or what
I have in the house. There is no nutritional reason why one day I might eat chicken
and the next whole wheat pasta.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
About one hour before workout I eat a light meal of chicken or whole wheat pasta. SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE OF EACH NOT ONE OR THE OTHER.
Than 30 minutes before workout one spoon of peanut butter. NOT NEEDED, SLOWS THE ABSORBTION OF THE CARBS NOT GOOD PRE WORKOUT
On the drive to the gym, shaker bottle of NO powder,creatine,whey protein & water. THATS FINE
After workout shaker bottle of whey protein,creatine,glyco maize,L-glutamine
& 3 bcaa pills THATS FINE
One hour after workout, chicken,vegetables and/or whole wheat pasta. GOOD MEAL

the only thing i would change would be the PB and combining the chicken and pasta instead of just one or the other.

vector18

vector18

Awards
Great reply! I agree with eating both chicken and whole wheat pasta instead of just one.
As for PB, I thought that was a healthy fast burning fat and a good supply of energy for
pre workout? I actually stopped drinking the waxy maize pre workout for 2 reasons.
One reason is I'm taking Powerfull by USPlabs and it's recommended not to take that
with carbs pre workout. Secondly, since I want to get leaner, and I'm drinking waxy maize carbs post workout, I thought cutting out preworkout carbs would help with the leaning. What do you think?

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
As for PB, I thought that was a healthy fast burning fat and a good supply of energy for
pre workout?

since I want to get leaner, and I'm drinking waxy maize carbs post workout, I thought cutting out preworkout carbs would help with the leaning. What do you think?

PB is healthy but definately not fast burning and not a very good source of energy in general unless your following a strict keto deit.

cutting carbs is a good idea, a better way would be to still have some at breakfast, pre, and post workout and then maybe cut out the rest.

itzgambino

Awards
I second capone, if you have energy source has been based on carbs for the most part and you have not been following a keto type diet then having the pb before workout will not be as efficient or useful as having a complex carb pre-wo

vector18

vector18

Awards
If my test boost 'powerfull' suggests no carbs while taking it, what do you
suggest I do? So, your saying cut out carbs totally during the day? Only
in the AM and post workout? I'm not sure I can eat anything for lunch
without a single gram of carb?

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
im saying its an option, how many grams of carbs do u take in now? per meal?

at first i would slowly reduce the amount at all except breakfast, pre, and post by maybe a quarter or half cup. check in a week to see if u have lost any weight, if not keep reducing those. once u have gotten to zero carbs at those meals then start to reduce the rest in the same way. Post workout should be the last to get reduced.

and as far as powerfull saying not to cut carbs to help test... thats bullsh*t IMO

and yeah its def possible to not have carbs at llunch: chicken and raw nuts and veggies.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
If you want a fast burning fat, grab some MCT oil instead of the PB. I usually eat around 2hrs before I workout because I do a pre-workout supplement. My pre-workout meal is usually 1.5cups oatmeal, 1 scoop casein protein. That's about 71g complex carbs and 40-45g protein. I just can't workout with a meal an hour before it makes me sick.