Food list

Swelly

Awards
whatsup everyone, been a while since I been on here, and its paralleled my lack of gym-going. I've been back in the gym for a few weeks now and I decided to strap down and get my diet on point or at least overall healthy. My goal here is really to see my abs/ lose that last layer of fat on my stomach/back and chest...at most I'm trying to lose maybe 3-4%.

Anyway...I made a list of foods that I will combine and should cover every meal. Can I get some input/suggestions here?

Veggies: Spinach, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, romaine lettuce
Fruits: Strawberries/cherries/grapefruit

Dairy:Whole eggs, gouda/brie cheese/ skim milk/ 1%

Nuts: almonds/ pistachio/ walnuts/flax (doesn't exactly count eh?)

For meat I'm going to be primarily eating Bison as it is extremely lean and we have some local farms.

I'll be drinking tea/ water/ milk

(I've also got whey/ creatine with my pwo)

anything else that should be added? Thanks alot everyone

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How are you with carbs? I might add some carbs early in the day, like oats at breakfast or some preworkout. Do you know what your calorie requirements are yet? Bison should be fine, make sure you still get enough fat each day. The nuts are fine, maybe some natural peanut butter, and some extra virgin olive oil. Overall, looks like a fairly solid list.

Swelly

Awards
calorie requirements last time I computed were min. 2050...my maintenance is around 2500...Im guessing it might be as "high" as 2700 though. I have just started doing HIIT which Im sure is raping some calories away. And what the hell is that picture about lol? is that meant to say I still need some fat or what? not the most positive input I've had lol...does remind me of how I was before I worked out though....I just noticed that gouda has a retarted amount of carbs as well...hmmm

Im getting real confused some places say no carbs others say medium amount is fine

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
You are 145lbs man, eat good amounts of carbs especially in the morning. If you are gonna do HIIT that will burn so many calories you will literally pass out if you don't load up in the morning. I recommend a serving of oats and 5 whites + 3-4 eggs in the morning. Get some virgin unrefined coconut oil and cook with it/ eat it, 3 tbs a day. All that and then some cardio, you should be straighttt

manishfusion

Awards
whatsup everyone, been a while since I been on here, and its paralleled my lack of gym-going. I've been back in the gym for a few weeks now and I decided to strap down and get my diet on point or at least overall healthy. My goal here is really to see my abs/ lose that last layer of fat on my stomach/back and chest...at most I'm trying to lose maybe 3-4%.

Anyway...I made a list of foods that I will combine and should cover every meal. Can I get some input/suggestions here?

Veggies: Spinach, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, romaine lettuce
Fruits: Strawberries/cherries/grapefruit

Dairy:Whole eggs, gouda/brie cheese/ skim milk/ 1%

Nuts: almonds/ pistachio/ walnuts/flax (doesn't exactly count eh?)

For meat I'm going to be primarily eating Bison as it is extremely lean and we have some local farms.

I'll be drinking tea/ water/ milk

(I've also got whey/ creatine with my pwo)

anything else that should be added? Thanks alot everyone
nice list buddy really nice i really like it thanks

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
cottage cheese, egg whites, bison burgers?, turkey burgers, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, chicken, whole wheat bread, tuna.... i'm trying to think what else is on my diet i didn't see

you know also, that portion control and meal frequency is as important as what you are eating. i like to make a list of 5-6 meal options for each of my 4-5 meals/day. Then each day I have select an option. Compute macros on each meal so you can estimate your daily macros.

Future

cottage cheese, egg whites, bison burgers?, turkey burgers, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, chicken, whole wheat bread, tuna.... i'm trying to think what else is on my diet i didn't see

you know also, that portion control and meal frequency is as important as what you are eating. i like to make a list of 5-6 meal options for each of my 4-5 meals/day. Then each day I have select an option. Compute macros on each meal so you can estimate your daily macros.
Good post.

I also use FITDAY to log my foods. I think we have that option on here too correct?

Swelly

Awards
awesome guys thanks alot...I'm considering the anabolic diet as well...as some of these foods are from the AD food list...but I guess low fat foods/ dairy wouldn't really fit with the AD at all...

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
if your doing the Anabolic Diet, aka Caveman Diet, then you eat like a caveman....pretty simple. The carb load days (sat and sun) are classic parts on a ultra low carb diet (Keto, Palumbo, etc...) but you'll be getting some carbs from veggies, beans, and dairy

The usual suspects:
* Beef, Chicken etc.
* Fish
* Cheese
* Butter
* Any kind of oil

Veggies:

* Almonds (1oz = 5..6g)
* Asparagus
* Avocado (1/2 = 6g)
* Broccoli
* Cauliflower
* Eggplant
* Green beans
* Lettuce
* Mushrooms
* Olives
* Peanuts (1oz = 6g)
* Red / green peppers (e.g. frozen "Melange a trois" from Trader Joe's)
* Spinach
* Sprouts
* Tofu, soy milk
* Zucchini

Condiments:

* Caesar salad dressing (e.g. Newman's own)
* Oil and vinegar salad dressing
* Mustard (e.g. Dijon from Trader Joe's)
* Pickles
* Sour cream

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I might start this diet tomorrow....but idk if I can go with 1/2 bowl of oats :( (pre WO of course)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
nevermind what I posted above, I didnt read the full info section on it...sat and sun you will have a carb load period, of course be careful about which carbs...here's the site
http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/hifat.html
and Im pretty sure Im starting this tomorrow, then ECY next week!!