EGG Whites

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so...im far to lazy with BBing now-a-days I wont even separate yellow from white with my eggs. Im becoming about simplicity, I eat black beans out of the can, I buy fresh chicken breast pre cut, etc... I really enjoyed pouring the egg whites from the carton into the pan and having it ready in 2 minutes.

What is the best economic way to eat egg whites?

Eggology?
Whole Eggs then, separated?
Other methods? (please list)

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Drink the pasteurized egg whites straight from the carton

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think those bulk cartons like Eggology are the cheapest way to go, but you gotta order a bunch and ship it fast. I just buy the individual grocery store $7 cartons and hate myself lol

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
I know, its expensive, eggology seems good, I would buy the 4 gallon ****.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
better n' egg or egg beaters - not the cheapest but great nutrition and health.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
hey not to hijack the thread but.... so many ppl post about mixing half egg whites with half whole eggs, e.g. 3 egg whites and 3 whole egg omlette. I really like egg whites straight. Am I missing some nutrition just going with whites? I always figured I was cutting out fat and cholesterol with no down side.

time lord

time lord

Awards
the only issue w/ eating egg whites is if you eat lots of them raw...

"Biotin deficiency is relatively rare and mild, and can be addressed with supplementation. Such deficiency can be caused by the excessive consumption of raw egg whites (20 eggs/day would be required to induce it), which contain high levels of the protein avidin, which binds biotin strongly. Avidin is deactivated by cooking, while the biotin remains intact.

Signs of Biotin Deficiency: In general, appetite and growth are decreased. Dermatologic symptoms include dermatitis, alopecia (hair loss) and achromotrichia (absence or loss of pigment in the hair.[6]) Perosis (a shortening and thickening of bones) is seen in the skeleton"

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
the only issue w/ eating egg whites is if you eat lots of them raw...

"Biotin deficiency is relatively rare and mild, and can be addressed with supplementation. Such deficiency can be caused by the excessive consumption of raw egg whites (20 eggs/day would be required to induce it), which contain high levels of the protein avidin, which binds biotin strongly. Avidin is deactivated by cooking, while the biotin remains intact.

Signs of Biotin Deficiency: In general, appetite and growth are decreased. Dermatologic symptoms include dermatitis, alopecia (hair loss) and achromotrichia (absence or loss of pigment in the hair.[6]) Perosis (a shortening and thickening of bones) is seen in the skeleton"
Reps for the info. I consume roughly 8-12 egg whites daily but I fry em in a skillet over PAM so i shld be ok, right. thanks again.

time lord

time lord

Awards
yeah you should be fine... i'm not sure how long you'd have to eat 20/day raw to induce biotin deficiency, but i have definately chugged about that many per day raw in the past for almost two weeks... whoops! allegedly there is no risk of anything if they're cooked. thanks for the reps mate! keep in mind that a yolk or two won't kill you. it's good fat and full of vitamins.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah you should be fine... i'm not sure how long you'd have to eat 20/day raw to induce biotin deficiency, but i have definately chugged about that many per day raw in the past for almost two weeks... whoops! allegedly there is no risk of anything if they're cooked. thanks for the reps mate! keep in mind that a yolk or two won't kill you. it's good fat and full of vitamins.
I consume 6 whole raw eggs a day. 3 in my am shake 3 in my pm shake - it's a gas :thumbsup:

I wouldn't consume raw eggs if I lived in dodgier parts of the world like Africa, or the USA :toofunny: