Breakfast cereal

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Who eats it and who eat what?

I eat a 1/2 cup Post Grape Nuts with 1/2 cup Stop n Shop granola every morning.

If I didn't care about myself or my body, I'd eat a box of Fruity Pebbles right now. But lets be real, can't do that anymore...

You?

jef2007

jef2007

Awards
i eat cherrios at times in the morning, no sugar added, just plain..

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I just bought a box of Fruity Pebbles yesterday :D

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Cinamon toast crunch ladies and gents is the best cereal for taste! BUt I don't eat much cereal

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
i just eat it postworkout when i have it. i still love cereal though. i alternate between granola and sugary ones. and yea cinnamon toast crunch is amazing

xink

Awards
  • Established
When I do eat cereal, it's "High Low":

• Serving Size: 1/2 cup (30 g)
  • Servings per Container: About 11
  • Calories 90
  • Calories from Fat 10
  • Total Fat 1g
  • Saturated Fat 0g
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg
  • Sodium 95mg
  • Total Carbohydrate 13g
  • Dietary Fiber 6g
  • Sugars 3g
  • Protein 12g
Pretty damn good IMO, though I usually stick with eggs.

Super Penguin

Super Penguin

Awards
The Go Lean Crunch stuff is pretty good, (cinnamon flavor) and pretty high in protein vs. other cereals (9 grams/cup) I usually eat that a few times a week

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
The Go Lean Crunch stuff is pretty good, (cinnamon flavor) and pretty high in protein vs. other cereals (9 grams/cup) I usually eat that a few times a week
Mainly soy protein. Informational purposes only.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Quaker oat squares with hint of brown sugar are the shizzz

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oatmeal Large Flake for me...

I am having trouble locating steel cut... probably have to get it online.

I have been known to go to the healthfood store and get muslei once in a while.

Heavy Weight

Awards
cherrios and or granola, i like to have green tea sometimes...

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Count chocula. Hah. Steel cut oatmeal is sold at walmart. Only one brand, and its usually on the top shelf. Honestly, I like raisin bran crunch.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
When I do eat cereal it's usually raisan bran, or maybe some wheaties gold. If I'm splurging it's cookie crisp, lucky charms, or fruity pebbles b*tches!!!

time lord

time lord

Awards
cascadian farm's "clifford crunch"... pwo w/ protein powder & milk = perfect for bulk

1 cup (30g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 10

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 0%
Trans Fat 0

Cholesterol 0 0%

Sodium 160mg 6%

Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 6g

Protein 2g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 10% Iron 25%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet.

INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN OAT FLOUR, ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN BARLEY FLOUR, NATURALLY MILLED ORGANIC SUGAR, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, ORGANIC WHEAT STARCH, ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, SEA SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ORGANIC MOLASSES, ZINC AND IRON (MINERAL NUTRIENTS), VITAMIN C (SODIUM ASCORBATE), A B VITAMIN (NIACINAMIDE), VITAMIN E (TOCOPHERYL ACETATE), ORGANIC VANILLA FLAVOR, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN MONONITRATE), VITAMIN A (ACETATE), A B VITAMIN (FOLIC ACID), VITAMIN D (CHOLECALCIFEROL). VITAMIN E (MIXED TOCOPHEROLS) ADDED TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ever eat Kashi Krucnh? Organic and damn good.

Also grape nuts, wheaties, and when I am feeling it I love me some lucky charms.

Usually though I just make oatmeal, throw a scoop of protein in, and chow.

MarleyDog

Awards
Kashi products all around are awesome. You can't find anything healthier or more balanced for the price.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I love honey nut cheerios, frosted flakes, honey bunches of oats, and as always oatmeal.

Santa89

Awards
Can cereal be a big no no? I never went for eating eggs in the morning my breakfast always consisted of cereal before working out. =[

I usually ate Special K. That's what I had today

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Can cereal be a big no no? I never went for eating eggs in the morning my breakfast always consisted of cereal before working out. =[

I usually ate Special K. That's what I had today[/QUOT

Same here, I have a bowl of special K (red berries,vanilla almond)every morning. Is this a bad cereal if you are trying to lose the fat??

Thanks

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
bout to knock back a big ole' bowl of cinnamon toast crunch right now...mmmhmmm...

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal is the obvious good choice.

Cheat cereals:
Corn Pops
Fruity Pebbles
Frosted Flakes
Oh!s

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal is the obvious good choice.

Cheat cereals:
Corn Pops
Fruity Pebbles
Frosted Flakes
Oh!s
Wow can't believe you mentioned Oh!s those are so damn good, but I thought I was the only one who ate them. Yeah I like Go Lean! Crunch, Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Mini-Wheats for decently healthy cereals and Golden Grahams, Oh!s, Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs, and Corn Pops for cheating or Postworkout

JasonblkZ06

Awards
I like Uncle Sam Cereal
+1 Uncle Sam is AMAZING. That an oatmeal, I mix them together almost every morning along with 1 scoop of whey, 1/2-1 banana, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, and skim milk. I also eat a grapefruit and 1 or 2 eggs and a cup of green tea.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I checked out my Raisin B and its got 0 trans. *crunch crunch crunch*

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
0 Trans fats just means under 1gram per serving not that it has none. So if something has .5 it says 0 on the box and depending on the serving size it could add up. Something to think about :)

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
kashi - honey almond flax

$3 like 8g fiber, 9g protein, 4.5g fat tastes amazing

tstinson

Awards
Kashi products all around are awesome. You can't find anything healthier or more balanced for the price.
I definitely agree if your going to eat breakfast cereals Kashi is the brand you should be looking into.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
The protein derived from the Kashi cereals is soy based. Just an FYI

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
The protein derived from the Kashi cereals is soy based. Just an FYI
who cares if it is? you arent eating it for the protein..........you're probably eating it because it isnt processed and has a bunch of soluble fiber and omega 3s, and tastes amazing.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever try the ezekiel cereal? the grocery store by my house has some on sale

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
who cares if it is? you arent eating it for the protein..........you're probably eating it because it isnt processed and has a bunch of soluble fiber and omega 3s, and tastes amazing.
If you noticed, "just an FYI" towards the end of my sentence. No need to be a wise ass. The reason I brought it up in the first place is because of others posting about its protein content. Hence "just an FYI".

Thank you.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
If you noticed, "just an FYI" towards the end of my sentence. No need to be a wise ass. The reason I brought it up in the first place is because of others posting about its protein content. Hence "just an FYI".

Thank you.

great. i noticed that the first and second time you mentioned the soy protein for 'informational purposes'. in both cases it was irrelevant. there is no harm in eating small amounts of soy protein.

just fyi.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
How much Soy do you need to eat before it screws up your testosterone? I'm assuming (and hoping) more than 1 or 2 bowls a day of cereal.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
great. i noticed that the first and second time you mentioned the soy protein for 'informational purposes'. in both cases it was irrelevant. there is no harm in eating small amounts of soy protein.

just fyi.
Ok, glad to see you were paying attention.

Never did I say there was harm in eating soy protein and no, it was not irrelevant. It completely pertained to the subject matter.

Who are you to say what is and isnt relevant?

I'm not looking for a pissing contest here, just don't come into a thread disrespecting someone that you may disagree with.

DenDestroys

Awards
I use to use soy all the time when I had problems digesting dairy products. It never hindered my gains or anything; then I switched to muscle milk since it is lactose free.

As for favorite cereal, I think tomorrow when its my carb refeed, I'm going to try about 5 different kinds of cereal. My cafeteria here has like 10 different flavors. Last week I had about 5 bowls of honeycomb, 2 captain crunch, 1 fruit loops.

This week: rice krispies, count chocola, fruity pebbles, captain crunch, and I have to dig into some honeycomb, too. Refeeds are all I have to look forward to all week, so I think everything I'm going to eat through, thoroughly.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
there won't be anything left of the roof of your mouth ;)