Breakfast cereal

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. another bit I read on "TN"...

"Most Breakfast Cereals — To us, cold breakfast cereals, even many of the brands touted as "healthy," are pure physique killers. Cereal is breakfast candy, nothing more, nothing less. In fact, corn flakes have a GI rating even worse than white bread! And how about these cereals that give you "energy", like Grape Nuts? Yep, at 47 carbs per teeny tiny serving (and what bodybuilder would eat one serving anyway?), most people would be in an insulin-induced coma by lunch.

Here’s a piece of trivia for you. John Harvey Kellogg, the founder of Kellogg’s cereal, invented Corn Flakes to reduce sexual desire and curb the "epidemic" of masturbation. Besides "castrating" people with ****ty, high-carb breakfast foods, Kellogg also recommended that small boys (not infants) be circumcised without anesthetic so they would forever associate the penis with pain. He also thought that women should have their clitorises treated with carbolic acid to prevent what he called "abnormal excitement." As a side note, Sylvester Graham invented the Graham Cracker believing it would also diminish male sexual desire.

Now tell me, do you really want to eat a food designed to make you a Testosterone-free eunuch?

All that said, there are a couple of good cereals out there, but not many. All Bran and Fiber One make decent oatmeal replacements, just eat some protein with them. All Bran Extra Fiber only has 50 calories a serving and 13 grams of fiber, almost four times as much as oatmeal!"

2. UKStrength

^^^I'd be careful with the old fibre, whilst it's great for digestive health, there is some evidence to show that it can negatively affect testosterone levels especially if not enough total and saturated fat is consumed in the diet.

Moderate fibre intake (~40g NSP/day) is more than enough.

I have to agree though on your point regarding poor breakfast cereals. I prefer making my own 'cold' cereals (ie. muesli) but I find them to be very unsatisfying in terms of hunger control, a bowl of hot porridge seems to sit in my stomach like a brick and keep my hunger at bay.

Porridge + whey forever! The breakfast of kings

Similar Forum Threads

1. cereal ftw
    By time lord in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
  2. Ezekiel Cereal
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. Cereal PWO?
    By Orangepeel in forum Nutrition / Health