New Way to prep Tuna...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Up until recently, I have been eating albacore due to the preferred taste. However, I am seeing that soy is increasingly being included in the ingredient profile, the serving sizes are dropping for the container quantity, etc.

I decided to give chunk light a try again and I stumbled on a killer prep... Take 3 cans, drain and empty in to a Tupperware bowl. Add in 3-4T EVOO, put the lid on and shake. Take lid off, mix with fork then add 3-4T of Hidden Valley ranch powder (the powder does not contain all the soy bullshit that the liquids do), put lid on and shake. Take lid off and mix with fork. Add 20-25 green olives, mix. Then put in the fridge to chill.

I cannot get enough of this taste! Try it and let me know what you think... This makes 2 servings (for me).

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds awesome!! Im always up for a new Tuna recipe!

Rah22491

Awards
borobulker ur the freakin man haha. Wat the hell is this soy bs ur talking about in the tuna?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a better pic. This is what it looks like...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
borobulker ur the freakin man haha. Wat the hell is this soy bs ur talking about in the tuna?
Yeah, they are smashing soy into everything these days. Soybean oil, soy lecithin, ehhhhhhhhhh!

Rah22491

Awards
thats gay as hell. I usually opt for the low sodium. It has a lil more protein also. The white albacore only has like 22g a can its bs

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats gay as hell. I usually opt for the low sodium. It has a lil more protein also. The white albacore only has like 22g a can its bs
Yeah. I heart sodium. It is necessary for so many functions. Personally, i'd ditch the low sodium but this stems from my strength goals.

I will probably throw this together tonight and I will post some pics.

Lehrer

Lehrer

Awards
It's all BS guys, sick of seeing the soy packed products too.

If you want real tuna... go to a whole food market, no BS at all.

Opt for their brand of "Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value."

Each can is 6oz (170g) of Solid White Albacore Tuna; Packed in Spring Water, no Salt Added.

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 2oz, 3 servings per can.

Calories 60, Fat Cals 0, Total Fat 0.5g, Sat Fat 0, Trans fat 0, Cholest.30mg, Sodium 80mg, 0 carbs, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, and a whopping 15g protein! per serving. 45g per can guys.

No additives and ingredients: Tuna, Spring Water.

Best thing is, it's only $1.50 a can :jaw: I used to pay $2.19 a can, for bumblebee and I only got 4oz, with added salt *gag*

Plus if you stock up on this stuff, like a case worth which is 25cans, you get 10% off a case there. So $33.75 for 25 meals. Enjoy! :006:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's all BS guys, sick of seeing the soy packed products too.

If you want real tuna... go to a whole food market, no BS at all.

Opt for their brand of "Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value."

Each can is 6oz (170g) of Solid White Albacore Tuna; Packed in Spring Water, no Salt Added.

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 2oz, 3 servings per can.

Calories 60, Fat Cals 0, Total Fat 0.5g, Sat Fat 0, Trans fat 0, Cholest.30mg, Sodium 80mg, 0 carbs, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, and a whopping 15g protein! per serving. 45g per can guys.

No additives and ingredients: Tuna, Spring Water.

Best thing is, it's only $1.50 a can :jaw: I used to pay $2.19 a can, for bumblebee and I only got 4oz, with added salt *gag*

Plus if you stock up on this stuff, like a case worth which is 25cans, you get 10% off a case there. So $33.75 for 25 meals. Enjoy! :006:
I wish there was a WFM in my area damnit...

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try out your tuna combo tonight... here is the one i usually use

3-5 cans of tuna
3 hard boiled eggs- chopped up
1 large pickle chopped
3 or so TBSP of real mayo
about 1/3 diced onion
then, since i have quit eating bread i just sprinkle some cheese on the top and dominate it!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
"Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life." -Vince

keeper

This is GOOD stuff! I added finely chopped green onions (that's okay, we have toothbrushes!) and diced boiled eggs. It's REALLY good. The Ranch flavoring is boss. Thanks, boro.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I've heart mixed things about Miracle Whip. It is not good for bodybuilding because of the soy?

I am usually doing something quick and simple. Sweet Relish and Miracle whip

keeper

Hey, this is good in a wrap. Just had it for lunch. Feeling fueled. Now I'm going to lift.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet. Also, i wanted to add. There is a little big of soy in this but it is like 15th on the label. Soybean Oil and there is 0 fat per serving so...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just made some and I added in tabasco pepper juices. Its good but I think 4 scoops Ranch powder is 1 too many. JMO. Thanks for the recipe Boro!!

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to get home and have my tuna now, im starving!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine didnt look that good ^^...maybe my Tbs are too big? :dunno:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also couldnt find the tub of the ranch powder..only little 2$bags

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill admit that I guess on the amounts... :) shhhh

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha well thanx!! :twak: you live and learn

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Tried this today.

Ugh, I choked it down... Not good IMO.

Weird cause I LOVE Ranch. Ah well, back to the good old Mayo, Frank's Red Hot and Tobasco. Om ****ing nom :)

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Just made this. All I can say is amazing! I hate tuna with a passion, but I thought I'd try it out. It almost tastes like one giant olive. Its great! I added 4.5T of EVOO instead of 3-4 as it seemed dry after only 4. Only used 3T of the Hidden Valley. Great job Boro! I'll be making more of your recipes in days to come.

I think you need a show on Food Network!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just made this. All I can say is amazing! I hate tuna with a passion, but I thought I'd try it out. It almost tastes like one giant olive. Its great! I added 4.5T of EVOO instead of 3-4 as it seemed dry after only 4. Only used 3T of the Hidden Valley. Great job Boro! I'll be making more of your recipes in days to come.

I think you need a show on Food Network!
haha get me hooked up with them and you'll get 10% of my first big pay check... :hitit:

LeeRoi

Awards
isn't the ranch powder fattening though? or it's better than the actual dressing?

Flyers2385

Awards
"Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life." -Vince

I immediately saw he was too lazy to dice the ingredients and thought to post a slap chop picture, but you have beaten me to it. Well played sir :box:

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I can't find that big container anywhere. Just the little packets :(

boozehound

boozehound

Awards
I'll try this recipe tomorrow, but I'm into habanero sauce and jalepenos...so I may toss those in there and see what happens.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I hate tuna, but I gotta eat it, so Im looking to try anything once if it will make it taste better.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I hate tuna, but I gotta eat it, so Im looking to try anything once if it will make it taste better.
Have you tried Starkist Sweet & Spicy Tuna packs? I think it's the best tasting tuna I've found.