If you like peanut butter...
- 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
If you like peanut butter...
I highly suggest "Naturally More" from any Walmart Supercenter. 5 out of the 11 grams of fat in it are from fish oil/flax, it contains more fiber and less sugar & total carbs than really any other peanut butter, has 10 grams of protein, is pretty well priced considering its usefulness ($2.37 in Ohio) and it tastes fantastic.
That is all.
- 04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
i used to eat that stuff all the time. there are a few problems with it.
1) $$$ for such a small serving of peanut butter
2) only the top part tastes good. once the flaxseed is gone, it gets REALLY hard and dry and does not taste the same.
3) i would go through 1-1.5 bottles a week easy at 2 tbsp a day.
i went ahead and switched over to standard bulk peanut butter from sam's club. however nothing compares to the nutritional profile of naturally more
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I have only been to Super Walmart a few times but I can never find this stuff at mine. I like the profile a lot, its very similar to powerbutter but it seems a little cheaper ounce for ounce. I have been eating a to of PB lately and I tried mixing flax and other things into them to boost their profiles. I found that almond oil was really good, as was walnut but they are booth usually expensive. Sesame oil is good to, but you have to use just a little because it has a strong flavor. Probably the best thing I have tried so far though is just making my own PB. I used a cup of peanuts (give or take a little), 1 egg white and 1 whole egg, 1 scoop vanilla protein, and 1/2 a splenda packet. It turned out to be like a reeses type peanut butter but I don't know how long it will hold up in your fridge. (I ate the whole batch in like 4 hours lol)
Muscle Pharm Rep
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Anybody try PB2 by Bell Plantation? Its peanuts with most of the oil squeezed out. You can reconstitute it with water to spread, but I'm interested in putting it in my morning smoothie for flavor, protein, and fat free calories. Supposed to be pretty tasty for having almost no fat.
04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
another vote for "naturally more"
Its good stuff. I will say it tastes more bland than even natty PB though. The GF and I really do like it, and alternate it with Natty PB every other grocery time. If you keep it mixed up every time you use it, it stays consistant throughout the entire jar. Since its a bit more bland, I usually sprinkle a half a packet of splenda on top of whatever I am putting it on...really helps out the flavor.
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I actually think it tastes better than regular natural PB, but it has been some time since I ate the Smucker's brand (I believe).
2. Mix it up, it tastes fine all throughout.
3. That can't be. At 4 tbsp, yes, you would go through one jar/week, but not at 2.
04-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I love my 4 lb jugs of Powerbutter but it is getting kinda low now, I will try this stuff out if the wal-mart over here has it, good look...
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By footballfam in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 16Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM
- By Ole Skl in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 33Last Post: 07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
- By matic22 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 22Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
- By peterson24 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 08-18-2006, 10:28 PM