soy avoid all ??

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    IF soy is so bad why was my test levels in the normal range when I was doing my 1-4 ad log. That means ether the 1-4ad was really strong and the soy balanced it out but I was low even before I started to consume soy.

I quote the bible because I believe in creation vs evolution. And your anger/tone is for sure something evolution would not have. Also known as emotions which is part of creation. Also I take it you believe in sex which is part of creation and not in evolution.
    once again, dj, let's try and stay on point here and discuss the matter at hand: non-GMO soy: beneficial or detrimental to health? (refer to post #11 if you're still confused as to what this discussion actually entails)

circumstantial evidence (your 1-4 ad log) would be more beneficial to the discussion and supportive to your argument if you provided published studies. I've been over your activity on the boards and you constantly stress published studies and scientific research. now would be a good time to resort to those guns and begin pulling up studies backing your standing in the debate. please leave religion, politics and personal feelings/beliefs out of the thread.

frankly, and with all due respect, no one is interested in what a rabbi has to say unless it concerns the topic of this discussion. we don't need more controversy on this thread. what we need is some clarification and a bit of light shed on the non-GMO soy debate. again, please stay focused on the matter at hand. it seems I'm not going to be able to stress this enough
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    some studies show increase sperm quality, increased test production,increase SHBG (nessesary evil SOMETIMES) its the amount consumed, when consumed, and the ratios of the isoflavones, GENISTEIN alone can damage sperm but used with diadzin and eqoul i believe it showed positive effects.

the most damage soy does to us is when us guys are in the womb, the increase in SHBG binding to testosterone will effect the size of our tool when we are born. (gotta find that study again but tis out there)
    it'd be fantastic if you can pull up all these studies! there seem to be studies whose results significantly contradict each other. for example, some suggest soy decreases test production (one of the main anti-soy arguments) while others (such as the one you mentioned) suggest they actually increase it! i wonder if the sources of funding and possibly the type of soy used may have something to do with the outcomes of these studies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    There's no point in making claims without citations. It's a waste of space.
    to put it bluntly, yes (and no). lol not a complete waste but it would be much more effective and efficient to provide citations, folks!

2. Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    once again, dj, let's try and stay on point here and discuss the matter at hand: non-GMO soy: beneficial or detrimental to health? (refer to post #11 if you're still confused as to what this discussion actually entails)

circumstantial evidence (your 1-4 ad log) would be more beneficial to the discussion and supportive to your argument if you provided published studies. I've been over your activity on the boards and you constantly stress published studies and scientific research. now would be a good time to resort to those guns and begin pulling up studies backing your standing in the debate. please leave religion, politics and personal feelings/beliefs out of the thread.

frankly, and with all due respect, no one is interested in what a rabbi has to say unless it concerns the topic of this discussion. we don't need more controversy on this thread. what we need is some clarification and a bit of light shed on the non-GMO soy debate. again, please stay focused on the matter at hand. it seems I'm not going to be able to stress this enough

it'd be fantastic if you can pull up all these studies! there seem to be studies whose results significantly contradict each other. for example, some suggest soy decreases test production (one of the main anti-soy arguments) while others (such as the one you mentioned) suggest they actually increase it! i wonder if the sources of funding and possibly the type of soy used may have something to do with the outcomes of these studies?

its actually specific isofglavones.. you have to remembver they they are phyto estrogens and act that way in certain tissue (ERa antagonist and ERb agonist/antagonist) i can pull up one or 2 studies, but im not pulling up anymore, because down the line ill be needing those because ill be investing time and money into it.
    •   

3. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i can pull up one or 2 studies, but im not pulling up anymore, because down the line ill be needing those because ill be investing time and money into it.
    we're talking about studies on pubmed or studies you're involved in? I'm confused..

4. PRetty sweet thread

#1 I have been taking Soy protein for the last few weeks... I still get it up

5. Silk chocolate soy milk is delicious. Otherwise, no thanks.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
    •   

6. i'm definitely following this log as i've read a few studies stating that soy increases estrogen and then i've also seen studies showing no side effects. i agree with purebred that we don't need religion thrown in the mix on this subject as it has nothing to do with soy. I'd really like to know more on this subject as their are a few good tasting soy products.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 08:32 PM
  2. soy=bad..do ALL whey protien powders have soy in it?
    By swollen87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM
  3. Should Nolvadex be Avoided at All Cost?
    By TripDog in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
  4. To all the experienced 1-Test users
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 11:17 PM
  5. we all may be screwed
    By Matt T in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2002, 03:59 PM