Monster Energy drink...

Stangtuner

Stangtuner

Awards
It has taurine, ginseng, L-carnitine a bunch of B vits, Guarana and a few other good things in it. Tastes pretty good and I do feel energized in the gym if I have one right around lunch time. I always eat rice and meat with a monster, like I am right now as I type this.

What do you guys think of it from a BB stand point? Are the vits and mins. good or is the drink just a gimmick?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
it also has 54 grams of sugar and 360 mg of sodium

if you drink it i'd stick with the blue can.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
it also has 54 grams of sugar and 360 mg of sodium

if you drink it i'd stick with the blue can.
I love the blue can (Low Carb). I would drink one everyday before I worked out.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'm very stim sensitive so i have to avoid drinks like this most of the time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I like their coffee versions. Such as Monster Russian, or Monster Mocha. Russian being the bestest.

I like the new Venom drinks that came out personally.

But really, they are all bad for you in every sense....

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
i love monsters thats why i put it in my name!! ya i kno the green one isnt that great, but i dont like the blue so usually i can make one can last 3 days ill split it in threes and have a third before i workout it doesnt give me like mad energy usually ill be tired from my whole day b4 i go to the gym and just gives me like a lil kick of focus so i can go to the gym and get my **** done but this is not an everyday, or week thing this is rare occasion other than that i drink em and love em!!!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Occasionally I'll drink one of the blue ones, it's a nice boost of energy without tons of sugar.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I like the low-carb version. Tastes pretty damn good.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I'm fighting my addiction to rockstars right now, they have milk thistle in them so they are totally healthy right? :D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i personally dont care about the nutrition. Unless im dieting down it doesnt matter to me. Its the one flavorfull luxury i allow myself always. I am actuallya big fan of energy drinks and make an effort to try all different kinds. 83+ is where im at now.
The new Amp Green Tea and Black Tea are very good, but the Lemonade is the best to me.
I drink about 1 a day. If i dont i gotta have my coffee.

I do try to eat with them though, mainly protein.
I would also say the amount of those "good things" in there is next to nothing.
For a solid pick me up i would look into Radioactive. Not sure why but i get an AMAZING feel from it.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I noticed the other day, when I went to mobile, that they have a giant MEGA MONSTER versions. I couldn't bring myself to get one. I thought that might be overkill, drinking the whole can.
I find Walmart to consistently have the best prices.

Blue=Da bomb

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I'm quite addicted to the Low Carb version.
okay tell me why i can't find a beautiful woman who knows how to lift weights here?

it seems like the ladies are afraid if they touch a weight they'll grow testicles and a mustache

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I noticed the other day, when I went to mobile, that they have a giant MEGA MONSTER versions. I couldn't bring myself to get one. I thought that might be overkill, drinking the whole can.

Blue=Da bomb
I'm actually drinking a fat ass blue mega monster right now..

boo yah!

AllMaxBrian

Awards

Blue=Da bomb
Mega Monsters? 16oz isn't enough? I don't even want to know how I'd be after one of those :D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
okay tell me why i can't find a beautiful woman who knows how to lift weights here?

it seems like the ladies are afraid if they touch a weight they'll grow testicles and a mustache
LOL not sure, we have several in my gym. Quite a few of them even compete.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
LOL not sure, we have several in my gym. Quite a few of them even compete.
dang...

girls at my gym just throw on low low low cut tops and go bend over a bike and compete to see who can get the most guys staring down their cleavage.

i'm pretty happy the weights are way way way in the back of the gym so i can concentrate

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
When I'm roofing and I need a boost I love me some Monster...but I prefer NOS if I really need a kick in the ass. I tried VENOM in the states from K-mart I believe...used sucrose was good for non slave work days.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i go to gas stations mostly. Lots of variety and always different things. I draw the line at the larger cans, i still do consider sugar content.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
when i train i avoid carbonated drinks completely

Stangtuner

Stangtuner

Awards
Found the Nutrition facts of them online.

Classic Monster Energy Drink ( Green)

Nutritional Content:

i. Serving size is 8 fl oz;
ii. 2 servings per container;
iii. 100 grams calories;
iv. 26 grams sugar;
v. 60 milligrams vitamin C;
vi. 1.7 milligrams Riboflavin;
vii. 20 milligrams niacin;
viii. 2 milligrams vitamin B6;
ix. 6 milligrams vitamin B12;
x. 180 milligrams sodium;
xi. 1000 milligrams taurine;
xii. 200 milligrams panax ginseng; and
xiii. 2500 milligrams energy blend.

2. Low-Carb Monster Energy Drink (Blue)

a. Ingredients- the same as the classic Monster energy drink

b. Nutritional content:

i. Serving size is 8 fl oz;
ii. 2 servings per container;
iii. 10g calories;
iv. 3g total carbs;
v. 3g sugars;
vi. 60 mg vitamin C;
vii. 1.7 mg riboflavin;
viii. 20 mg niacin;
ix. 2mg vitamin B6;
x. 60 mcg vitamin B12;
xi. 180mg sodium;
xii. 1000mg taurine;
xiii. 20 mg panax ginseng; and
xiv. 2500 mg energy blend.

After looking over this I am going to give the blue one a shot. I've never tried it. I tried the Low-carb red bull and nearly gagged. I'm not sensative really to stims like caffeine so I did'nt feel it at all, but the low carb monster seems pretty good.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I prefer the taste of Monster to Red Bull, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Lo-Carb.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like Monster's Low Carb, as well as Full Throttle's Low carb.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Monster Lo-Carb tastes much much better than Redbull Sugar Free. I promise :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monster Lo-Carb tastes much much better than Redbull Sugar Free. I promise :)
I agree. I still think the "Full Throttle" Low Carb takes the cake with taste though, imo.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the rockstar low carb is the better out of those three. there are a few others i'm looking at trying. Most of the time I can't stand the aftertaste enough to finish a can of lo-carb. Maybe do a half and half to lower sugar a bit but still have a decent taste.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i have tried over 80 Jay so if you need an opinion let me know. Xyience makes a good sugar free one, but they are expensive. i get them at the $1 store sometimes for $1. I just had another one called "push it" and it is sugar free taste ALOT like Monster (green) just a bit less kick from the lack of sugar(taste wise) 20mg more caffeine per can and smooth going down.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
When I'm roofing and I need a boost I love me some Monster...but I prefer NOS if I really need a kick in the ass. I tried VENOM in the states from K-mart I believe...used sucrose was good for non slave work days.
Hey I am a roofer as well. Actually a salesman, the only work I do is talk though sometimes thats a bad thing :footinmouth:

NOS is definitely a good one, though those 5 hour energy drinks are good. In a worst case scenario I have RPM, Stimulant X if a day really calls on them.

Stangtuner

Stangtuner

Awards
Currently drinking the low carb Monster with my meat and rice.

It's awesome. Tastes just as good if not better than the green regular sugar loaded one!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I will echo your love for NOS. One of the best tasting energy drinks out there (tastes NOTHING like red bull, thankfully!), and it usually gives me a nice boost.

You guys should check out this website:

http://taurinerules.blogspot.com

Nothing but energy drink reviews!

DeaconJF1ash

Awards
after reading all this im actually gonna go to the gas station now and get me a low-carb blue monster....i also have never had one

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Hey I am a roofer as well. Actually a salesman, the only work I do is talk though sometimes thats a bad thing :footinmouth:

NOS is definitely a good one, though those 5 hour energy drinks are good. In a worst case scenario I have RPM, Stimulant X if a day really calls on them.
Well I am the owner/president/secratary/officer etc. of the company, so I have to quote jobs and do paperwork after working a 10-14 hour day in the heat or the cold(May and September are the happy mediums where I live). You should help pack bundles(60-75 pounds-2@ at a time) up the ladder for one of the jobs you sell lol, then tear that bugger off and help apply. THEN workout. Your worst case senario becomes your everyday! :laugh: Needless to say I am addicted to coffee and energy drinks.:burnout:

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you guys like redlines? i like the berry!
Hell yeah! Always keep one in my desk at work and one in the car just in case.

Personally I can drink a case of those Monster, Rock Star, Red Bull, etc. more mainstream-type drinks and not feel a thing. However one bottle of Redline (yes I know it is two servings) and I am bouncing off the walls.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea there like 3.50 each can u workout 4 times a week and thats 16 workouts a month thats $56.00 a month for a pre workout. why not just grab a 25 tub of fast twitch jacked anything like that?

you would get a great buzz from one schoop of any of those products if ur getting one of a monster

MassBuilda123

Awards
Hell yeah! Always keep one in my desk at work and one in the car just in case.

Personally I can drink a case of those Monster, Rock Star, Red Bull, etc. more mainstream-type drinks and not feel a thing. However one bottle of Redline (yes I know it is two servings) and I am bouncing off the walls.
ive had 3 bottles one day because i had to work a split shift.. and it only gave me shits. maybe a little rise in blood pressure but redline doesnt get me as much as pills usually do

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
You guys in the states have way more supplement and energy drink variety then your Northern cousins. I am very jealous about that.:bandit:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At PUBLIX, i picked up 8 for $8.....$1/can. Haha
WHHHHHAAAAT!!!!

Who did you have to give an HJ to for that deal!!!!

Damn we dont have any of those up north. Giant Eagle has the 4-packs for $7.89. Thats the best non-Costco deal unless you canc atch a gas station with the 2 for $3

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For the low-carb monster addicts like myself, find someone with a cost-co membership. You can get 24cans for like $28.10
Hey DW!!! I'll have to look that up, we dont have a super close cost co but i put away around 5 Mosters a day! Thank god I stay lean on them or I would be in trouble. Although I have been trying to cut back for moneys sake.