Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
3 boxes of instant bananna nut..... **** me...:eek:mfg:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I measure out my cup of dry old fashioned oats, throw it in a bowl, put a scoop of peanut butter on it, boil a cup of water, pour over oats, let sit for a couple minutes, then voila, breakfast/lunch/dinner is served.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
more recently I've been putting oats in a blender and adding to my protein shakes... i think at this point i'm consuming more oats than i should :D

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
more recently I've been putting oats in a blender and adding to my protein shakes... i think at this point i'm consuming more oats than i should :D
I sometimes add 1 cup of oats to my morning shake.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Wait hey liquid13 do u mean throw in the oats raw in your shake or u put in some powder in your oatmeal.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I actually just switched to Quaker Oat Bran for some variety, it's a nice change.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reponses guys. Reps for all.

I cook mine sometimes, sometimes i just pour them in my shake and drink/chew them down.

I guess my question is, outside of instant packets(sugar laced), does the oatmeal type really matter?

I have read from best to worst oats goes like this.

Steel oats > old fashioned > quick > instant-low carb > instant-normal

AllMaxBrian

Awards

I cook mine sometimes, sometimes i just pour them in my shake and drink/chew them down.

I guess my question is, outside of instant packets(sugar laced), does the oatmeal type really matter?

I think that's really splitting hairs. They are all oats, after all.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I think that's really splitting hairs. They are all oats, after all.
I think he's including other factors into the equation as well. More sugar is not a good thing, unlessss............. lol

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I think he's including other factors into the equation as well. More sugar is not a good thing, unlessss............. lol
He did say "outside of instant packets(sugar laced)", so I assume he's not referring to those.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

I hear where you are coming from, but don't split hairs if you don't have to.

I personally use the following method to make some delicious tasting oats:

1/2 cup old fashioned quaker oats + 1 packet quaker instant sugar free banana bread flavored oatmeal. I add less water than needed and microwave it for an additional minute or two and voila a delicious carb source that reminds me personally of eat banana bread (because it comes out a little drying and not all mushy).

The outline above is probably the most accurate as far as overall nutritional value, but I wouldn't discount the quality of some of the instants.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I use to do oats, pb, and protein, "cooked". No I find it quicker and easier to grind my oats in the coffee grinder. I grind a whole tub that last about a week. I make my shake with 24oz milk, 3 table spoons of pb, scoop of protein, and half cup of "oat flour", toss in blender and bam! Only when bulking of course. Works great!

eggnog631

Awards
Dump oats into the blender with my shake.
i do this sometimes when i have to run out the door to get to class in the morning. i absolutely hate it. the oats give me a sore throat from being raw and i almost choke on them all the time. idk how u do it.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
1 cup old fashioned quaker oats with the old man on the brown tube container LOL add bout 3/4 cup water micro for 2 mins take out put 1 tsp brown sugar on pour 1/2 glass milk and its all good from there.

371 cals 14g protein 63g carbs 7g fat:18:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mindgame Nutrition / Health 27
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0