Egg Whites?

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Ok, nearly EVERY meal plan or diet log I see, it says 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs...How do you do that? Like do you just buy a huge amount of eggs, and if so, what do you do with those 4 yolks you separate? Or if you go with the method of egg whites, where do you get them at, walmart? How bout boiling them all and them and just eating the whites? This may be pretty noobish, but I was wondering what the best way is...

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I go to Target.......1.48 a dozen. stock up and like you said, usually boil them. Easiest way I can consume while at work......eat the whites and just dump the yolk in the garbage.

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
You can also buy just the containers of the egg whites (Paper Milk container). The brand the wife and I use is "All Whites" and you can find it in the egg section of your local store. If I'm making some eggs I just crack 1 whole egg into the bowl and then add about the amount for 4-5 whites (All Whites) then mix and scamble. That way your not constantly throwing out the yolks.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I go to Target.......1.48 a dozen. stock up and like you said, usually boil them. Easiest way I can consume while at work......eat the whites and just dump the yolk in the garbage.
I microwave 3 to 4 egg whites a morning. I can't handle daily microwaved yolks, but the whites are virtually tasteless. A couple pieces of low sodium bacon and some ketchup, you got yourself a quick meal.

Eruspoena

Awards
I just buy a ton of eggs, crack the egg, toss the yoke back and forth between the two egg shell halves and that usually allows the whites to fall into the pan, and finally i throw out the yoke. I have never tried the all whites stuff that comes in the carton.

russttu

Awards
100% egg whites are the way to go. Stay away from egg beaters or anything like that.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
or to seperate you can dump the egg into your hand, wash your hands first, and then pinch the white into the bowl. If you feel bad about throwing the yolk out and you have dogs, put it in their bowl. They will eat it. At least mine do.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
or to seperate you can dump the egg into your hand, wash your hands first, and then pinch the white into the bowl. If you feel bad about throwing the yolk out and you have dogs, put it in their bowl. They will eat it. At least mine do.
LoL...my dog gets a yolk a day. That and cheese..he loves it.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
I only eat whole eggs, because I'm constantly bulking. I'm waiting for the day when I ask for an egg white omelete and dry wheat toast, but so far, that ain't happening.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
contrary to the prior belief of the masses, it actually doesnt matter whether you buy the all whites or regular egg beaters. the truth of the matter is that regular egg beaters are all whites which have a miniscule amount of yolk added to them simply for the coloration.
just a little something i picked up from a distributor ;)

so feel free to buy whichever one has a lower price at the time!!

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
They will eat baby carrots like they are going out of style too.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
you can buy an egg separator. and yes you throw away the yolk in the garbage disposal. at sam's club i get 18 eggs for $2

Eruspoena

Awards
I have a 25 lb beagle, do you think 7 yokes a day would be bad for him? Right now i just throw the yokes away.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to be tossing a lot of the yolks it may be wiser to just buy the Egg beaters. First your not really spending much more for the convenience and secondly your not wasting a lot of food.
If your only doing an egg white omelet once in a while just put the yolks in a freezer bag and save them for future recipes. They work really good to make tuna burgers, egg washes, adding to oatmeal, and throwing in a protein shake.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I have a 25 lb beagle, do you think 7 yokes a day would be bad for him? Right now i just throw the yokes away.
I don't see a problem with it really. It has to be a lot healthier than the stuff he just finds and eats.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
You're throwing away the best part. Eat the whole egg! You need the good fats,DHA,to keep your testosterone levels high.

n87

Awards
  • Established
I agree

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're throwing away the best part. Eat the whole egg! You need the good fats,DHA,to keep your testosterone levels high.
I usually keep a 2:1 ratio.

2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites.

Or at the very least 1:1.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 whites to 1 whole egg here and I just stock up at 3-4 dozen per shopping trip

Troymm

Awards