The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I thought I sub'd to this thread but I guess I missed it. I had a carb load last weekend, did it for 2 days and got down about 2,000gr of carbs (and Im dieting ) On monday I resumed my AD type diet and wow, I look'd so full and vascular. During the load I drank almost zero water but polished off the following.

    2 Oreo Pie's
    1 cheesecake
    6 crispy creme glazed donuts
    6 canoli's (sp?)
    2 boxes blueberry waffles
    -syrup

    I had a few beers saturday night which probably isnt the best idea but whatever.....I had a good time. The AM online show is on sunday so I plan on trying to duplicate this again.
    where do you get Oreo pies? I heard there low fat I check wal-mart, krogers and country-mart in the bakery section and they didnt have them...are they in the bakery section or a different section?

    was the cheesecake low fat?

    I know crispy cremes arnt are they. this sounds more like a ****load than a Skipload, which also works I hear.

    Impressive have you eating no pudge fudge ? its totally fat free. its in Skips thread on IM.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness


  2. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    where do you get Oreo pies? I heard there low fat I check wal-mart, krogers and country-mart in the bakery section and they didnt have them...are they in the bakery section or a different section?

    was the cheesecake low fat?

    I know crispy cremes arnt are they. this sounds more like a ****load than a Skipload, which also works I hear.

    Impressive have you eating no pudge fudge ? its totally fat free. its in Skips thread on IM.
    Yea both were low fat. I found mine in the freezer section at Giant Eagle.

    I dont know what no pudge fudge is, that mofo is holding out on me
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  3. how often should you carb up on the ckd diet? once a week?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    where do you get Oreo pies? I heard there low fat I check wal-mart, krogers and country-mart in the bakery section and they didnt have them...are they in the bakery section or a different section?

    was the cheesecake low fat?

    I know crispy cremes arnt are they. this sounds more like a ****load than a Skipload, which also works I hear.

    Impressive have you eating no pudge fudge ? its totally fat free. its in Skips thread on IM.
    You can buy the premade gram cracker, or oreo pie crusts, and fill with the instant pudding flavor of your choosing.. I eat atleast a whole pie every refeed.. I made a oreo crusted, oreo pudding, one last weekend, and it was BOMB.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    You can buy the premade gram cracker, or oreo pie crusts, and fill with the instant pudding flavor of your choosing.. I eat atleast a whole pie every refeed.. I made a oreo crusted, oreo pudding, one last weekend, and it was BOMB.
    I was thinking about making both an oreo cake and cheese cake this weekend! I dorpped like $30 on those 3 cakes. Homemade ones will be like $10 and probably better and I can better regulate macros.

    Whats this no pudge fudge smeton was talking about? If you have a link I'll hit it up.

    Oh I also forgot to add I ate a whole box of reese puffs with some choc whey . Thanks for the advice Imprez!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  6. THe pudding pie is like under 5 to make.. Pudding is like 99cents or less..lol

  7. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    THe pudding pie is like under 5 to make.. Pudding is like 99cents or less..lol
    got the oreo pudding with crust
    couldnt find the infamous no pudge fudge Imers are raving about.
    got the cheddar /sour chips
    some lean cusine pizza
    and some chicken and rice stuff very low fat, high carbs

    saw some ideas: they have low fudge browies 3 grams fat 30 carbs..some cakes and such
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

  8. I have been killing peanut chocolate chunk granola bars, and low fat chocolate chunk granola bars.

    Man, the oreo pudding pie is so bomb..lol Make sure you use the correct for amount of milk, or it will come out wattery(it says on the side of the box for pie directions)
  9. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Dear god I cannot understand how some of you guys can consume so much plain sugar at a time. Even a couple sodas make me feel kinda sick.
  10. The Myth
    The Myth's Avatar

    NOW THIS IS MY TYPE OF THREAD!

    YOU GUYS NEED TO CHECK MY BLOG ARCHIVES UNDER "REFEED" TO SEE WHAT A TRUE REFEED DAY LOOKS LIKE!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    NOW THIS IS MY TYPE OF THREAD!

    YOU GUYS NEED TO CHECK MY BLOG ARCHIVES UNDER "REFEED" TO SEE WHAT A TRUE REFEED DAY LOOKS LIKE!
    lol.. I don't know how the **** you do it man.. The most i have got was just under 3k, and i felt like hell.

    Throw some pics up in here

  12. What supps are good during ketosis to increase performance /intensity in the gym. This is the first time I am doing a CKD while being 'natural' and my performance and strength sucks right now. I've only done a couple CKD's before, this is the longest one I have been doing and I think I'm going to keep it up as my regular diet. Really liking it now overall except for gym performance.

    I am thinking CRE02 + bulk beta alanine. Anything else?
    Carbs around my workout are not gonna happen..

  13. Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Dear god I cannot understand how some of you guys can consume so much plain sugar at a time. Even a couple sodas make me feel kinda sick.
    As someone else mentioned in this thread, taking NA-RALA really stops the bloating and does a good job of shuttling those carbs. I wouldn't do a refeed without it personally. But eating so much plain sugar and carbs puts me into comatose mode.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What supps are good during ketosis to increase performance /intensity in the gym. This is the first time I am doing a CKD while being 'natural' and my performance and strength sucks right now. I've only done a couple CKD's before, this is the longest one I have been doing and I think I'm going to keep it up as my regular diet. Really liking it now overall except for gym performance.

    I am thinking CRE02 + bulk beta alanine. Anything else?
    Carbs around my workout are not gonna happen..
    High protein is the main important thing. at least 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. of course wlots of water 1.5-2 gallons

    yeah creatine, and beta alanine and good. A fat burner that works well with your body.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness
  15. The Myth
    The Myth's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    lol.. I don't know how the **** you do it man.. The most i have got was just under 3k, and i felt like hell.

    Throw some pics up in here
    Bro my refeeds have gotten significantly weaker now that I'm not dieting anymore, as I don't have that ravenous appetite. The foods still taste incredible, but I just can't eat the same astronomical amount, lol. Pics will always be on my blog though

  16. today I tryed the Reefeed in thisway, a lot of food, rice, pasta, but even a lot fat (from pizza, same oil, from sweety).
    i'm feel very full, and my muscle appear more dense.
    it seems to work for me, but i want to see how i look this week, and if I look good, i doit often, because in this way you can enjoy food (even if i must reduce my fat intake this days)
  17. The Myth
    The Myth's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    today I tryed the Reefeed in thisway, a lot of food, rice, pasta, but even a lot fat (from pizza, same oil, from sweety).
    i'm feel very full, and my muscle appear more dense.
    it seems to work for me, but i want to see how i look this week, and if I look good, i doit often, because in this way you can enjoy food (even if i must reduce my fat intake this days)
    Why not make your food taste just as good as the fatty stuff, but without the fat?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    how often should you carb up on the ckd diet? once a week?
    Generally.

    1. Don't go over 48 hours
    2. If you are higher body fat keep it around 24.
    3. Lower, go to 48.

  19. T In this article Skip says he cuts all dairy out due to people in one way or another usually to some degree are lactose intolerant

    These are my thoughts...You can eat pies,(which are pudding with milk[even lactose free fat free milk]) on refeeds up untill the last refeed, the last refeed before the competition it is probally best to avoid dairy products like a pie(even if it is lactose free milk) just to make sure. sure maybe you can eat your cereal because your not eating a lot.

    imprezivr6,The Myth what are your thoughts on this if you don't mind?
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness
  20. The Myth
    The Myth's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    T In this article Skip says he cuts all dairy out due to people in one way or another usually to some degree are lactose intolerant

    These are my thoughts...You can eat pies,(which are pudding with milk[even lactose free fat free milk]) on refeeds up untill the last refeed, the last refeed before the competition it is probally best to avoid dairy products like a pie(even if it is lactose free milk) just to make sure. sure maybe you can eat your cereal because your not eating a lot.

    imprezivr6,The Myth what are your thoughts on this if you don't mind?
    For me, I recorded, week after week, the time it took me to "baseline" following my refeed, i.e., return to my pre-refeed weight. It always took me 4 days to baseline. Because I ALWAYS included dairy in my refeeds, all I had to do was load 4 days prior to the contest without having to worry about the dairy affecting my conditioning, because I knew all the water retention would be gone by then.

  21. BUMP!

    I haven't and probably won't do a CKD style diet for a month or two, but I just wanted to bump this to the top, because I noticed alot of people asking alot of questions about this diet. Also if anybody needs the actual document by Mr. Di Pasquale, pm me.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
  2. CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread
    By Rugger in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
  3. Carb Refeed
    By CryingEmo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 06:25 PM
  4. Carb Refeed
    By Ibanez in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Log in
Log in