The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. FYI-

As warning, after following 6 weeks of bulking style ckd, I developed acid reflux. Be careful.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    FYI-

As warning, after following 6 weeks of bulking style ckd, I developed acid reflux. Be careful.
    What do you attribute this to?
    •   

3. I'm doing a CKD recomp, can you point me in the right direction for a CKD bulk cycle?

4. Quote Originally Posted by AMTorres View Post
    I'm doing a CKD recomp, can you point me in the right direction for a CKD bulk cycle?
    It really is just a matter of total cals...

5. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    It really is just a matter of total cals...
    So it's a cut and a bulk at the same time? If I use it as a bulk are there any supps you suggest not taking with it?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    FYI-

probably all the milk in ur body.. I sometimes get it and doc says milk..I sometimes get lil rashes and dry spots on my body if I eat too much wtuff with milk in it..
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

7. Quote Originally Posted by AMTorres View Post
    So it's a cut and a bulk at the same time? If I use it as a bulk are there any supps you suggest not taking with it?
    there's a post Dante Trudel talks about this . that's the one post that helped me understand.i copy and posted it in the Dc thread. can we keep this on refeed/carb up topic like the title states?

awesome Thread Impres! just not that many people know what it is and they are missing out.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

8. During the NP sale I picked up some of bsn's cheat tabs, going to throw these in during my next load. When I get everything in I will be logging it. Will let you all know how it works along with my NR-ALA.

9. Quote Originally Posted by WittyName View Post
    During the NP sale I picked up some of bsn's cheat tabs, going to throw these in during my next load. When I get everything in I will be logging it. Will let you all know how it works along with my NR-ALA.
    Why would you want to use those with a carb load? That's pretty much the antithesis to what you want during a carb load.

10. From me if I think to hardly about carbs I get fat and bloat. I think it will provide me a bit of a safety net as I have not fully mastered the load. I have noticed that the addition of ALA lets me eat about a 100 more grams without seeing or feeling the bloat. But Thomas you seem to have a pretty good grasp on this would you suggest foregoing these?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    FYI-

Thanks for the heads up.

12. Quote Originally Posted by WittyName View Post
    From me if I think to hardly about carbs I get fat and bloat. I think it will provide me a bit of a safety net as I have not fully mastered the load. I have noticed that the addition of ALA lets me eat about a 100 more grams without seeing or feeling the bloat. But Thomas you seem to have a pretty good grasp on this would you suggest foregoing these?

First, what exactly is your problem during the carb load? Over eating? And if so, over eating carbs or fats and how is your protein intake?

13. K tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me. Imp sorry not trying to jack your thread.
    If I go all day(starchies and simple sugars) I end up becoming bloaty and loose my vascularity, honestly in like one day probably within 12 hours. I seem to have a reall issue with holding water. If I use one meal, (starch only) I can tell there is no spill over but I dont have the energy to really push it during the week. I hope I am not bothering you but I have a strong deisre to do this and thus far it has been the most effective diet I have ever tried. Thanks for your time.

14. Quote Originally Posted by WittyName View Post
    K tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me. Imp sorry not trying to jack your thread.
    If I go all day(starchies and simple sugars) I end up becoming bloaty and loose my vascularity, honestly in like one day probably within 12 hours. I seem to have a reall issue with holding water. If I use one meal, (starch only) I can tell there is no spill over but I dont have the energy to really push it during the week. I hope I am not bothering you but I have a strong deisre to do this and thus far it has been the most effective diet I have ever tried. Thanks for your time.
    Of course you will lose your vascularity, and look like a bloated mess, that is part of the process. In two days you should be shedding that water by going back to low carb/training/cardio...

You need to get over that mentally.. I used to have the same prob.. Wake up Saturday morning looking lean, then within hrs i looked like i gained 10% bodyfat..

There is a great thread over at IM displaying this.. Ill post the pics here... They were originally posted by Dante's Disciple. 200lbs after his refeed Sunday night, to 176 by tuesday. By the before pics he could be 15% bodyfat, but in reality he is like 4-5% IIRC.

15. Yeah the mental aspect has definitely been kicking my butt. Thanks for responding and again sorry if it seemed like I was jacking your thread.

16. Quote Originally Posted by WittyName View Post
    Yeah the mental aspect has definitely been kicking my butt. Thanks for responding and again sorry if it seemed like I was jacking your thread.
    No worries man..

You gotta just forget about it. You know how many times i would wake up sat morning looking lean as hell, and within 2-3hrs id be like a marshmallow..lol But that next Saturday i was leaner

If you are going for fat loss, all that matters is every week you are losing fat(going down in weight)

17. subbd for more info....

18. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    No worries man..

You gotta just forget about it. You know how many times i would wake up sat morning looking lean as hell, and within 2-3hrs id be like a marshmallow..lol But that next Saturday i was leaner

If you are going for fat loss, all that matters is every week you are losing fat(going down in weight)
    that's generally true losing body fat. to every rule there are exceptions and I totally agree on your point.

exceptions(some examples). like if your still gaining muscle while losing fat,it was way slower do doubt, still got stronger while doing a six month cut, or if you a long took time off and are gaining muscle and losing fat,muscle memory comes back fast, and using super supplements, while losing body fat.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

19. Had a refeed meal(have another in about two hours)

here it is

Olean Ruffles fat free cheddar and sour creme chips...96 Carbs, 18 protein , 0 fat (they are good!)

Lean cuisine traditional deluxe pizza 50 carbs 19 protein , 8 fat

weight watchers smart-one's brownie A la mode 72 crbs, 10 protein,8 fat

4. Reeses Puff's (cereal) 30 carbs,3 protein, 5 fat

that comes to 198 carbs 50 protein and 21 fat and 2,430 sodium

20. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Had a refeed meal(have another in about two hours)

here it is

Olean Ruffles fat free cheddar and sour creme chips...96 Carbs, 18 protein , 0 fat (they are good!)

Lean cuisine traditional deluxe pizza 50 carbs 19 protein , 8 fat

weight watchers smart-one's brownie A la mode 72 crbs, 10 protein,8 fat

4. Reeses Puff's (cereal) 30 carbs,3 protein, 5 fat

that comes to 198 carbs 50 protein and 21 fat and 2,430 sodium
    Man.. NEVER again for me, with those..lol I ate almost 2 bags one refeed, and i woke up in the middle of the night and had the most ****ed up stomach EVER from the Olean.. They ****ed me up something fierce... I just eat the Baked ones now.

21. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Man.. NEVER again for me, with those..lol I ate almost 2 bags one refeed, and i woke up in the middle of the night and had the most ****ed up stomach EVER from the Olean.. They ****ed me up something fierce... I just eat the Baked ones now.
    I'll keep this in mind just in case it does happen.

next and last re feed meal for a while

lean cuisine garlic pizza 20 protein 50 carb 7 fat 670 sodium

weight watchers turtle sundae 8 protein, 68 carb, 10 fat
    210 sodium

piece of white bread with honey and piece of white bread with low fat cream cheese 5 protein, 30 carbs 7 fat

pomegranate juice 30 carbs(soothes my stomach a bit)

couple sips of IBC root beer poured rest down drain stomach doesnt feel like and and I think i got plenty in.

protein 30-32
    carbs 180-200
    fat 27
    sodium 900

fat was on the high side. I know next time to watch fat a bit closer.

22. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post

I wish you woul'dve mentioned that before, I would've told you about those! Ever hear of the "WOW" chips? The ones that cause anal leakage? Olestra is not too good.

If you want something good for your carb up, Popcorn.

23. quick question.. is going to the gym on a carb day strictly prohibited? Will it be detrimental? Reason I ask is I work on a rotating schedule so gym days for me change thoughout the week only thing I can keep constant is my eating, I guess I can stretch out my keto period until I hit the gym enough times before a refeed but was just wondering
    PESCIENCE.COM

24. My past carb up included these things:
    Natures Valley Granola Bars - Maple & BS , Peanut Butter, original.
    Turkey on Wheat Sandwhiches
    At least 6 cups of yogurt throughout the day
    1.5lbs of raw thick rolled oats
    pint of blue berries

Except for the Turkey sandwiches, I mixed all the other stuff up into a Muesli and went to town. I added a couple of the original Pslin's (yellow caps) before my first meal and I literally had the most painful pumps of my life. It was so bad at one point that I got a pump in my abs while I was doing some wiring under a desk at work that actually made me lay on the ground gasping for air. Moral of the story, Max Effort Dead lifts + Pslin + Carbs = Pain lol. I was actually surprised though, this was the first carb up where I didn't go into a carb comma at all throughout the day.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

25. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    quick question.. is going to the gym on a carb day strictly prohibited? Will it be detrimental? Reason I ask is I work on a rotating schedule so gym days for me change thoughout the week only thing I can keep constant is my eating, I guess I can stretch out my keto period until I hit the gym enough times before a refeed but was just wondering
    Going to the gym is fine, just be sure to do it before you start your carb up. A lot of the guys here do a depletion workout before their carb ups to enhance the effects of the glycogen supercompensation. Personally I usually do a Max Effort lower body day before mine and it does wonders for my recovery, also it has made a great difference in my strength.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

26. no I mean say carb up is sat sun.. hitting the gym sat night and sun night.. how bad would htat be or is it acceptable?
    PESCIENCE.COM

27. From what I understand the point of the refeed is to refill muscle glycogen stores, and I'm assuming by working out during the carb-up, your body will use the carbs for energy, making your muscles undercompensated for the needed carbs and possibly taking your body longer to get back into ketosis. This is just me talking from a strictly common sense standpoint.

28. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    I wish you woul'dve mentioned that before, I would've told you about those! Ever hear of the "WOW" chips? The ones that cause anal leakage? Olestra is not too good.

If you want something good for your carb up, Popcorn.
    Nice.

29. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    I was actually surprised though, this was the first carb up where I didn't go into a carb comma at all throughout the day.
    good choice of works, carb comma and so true.

30. I thought I sub'd to this thread but I guess I missed it. I had a carb load last weekend, did it for 2 days and got down about 2,000gr of carbs (and Im dieting ) On monday I resumed my AD type diet and wow, I look'd so full and vascular. During the load I drank almost zero water but polished off the following.

2 Oreo Pie's
    1 cheesecake
    6 crispy creme glazed donuts
    6 canoli's (sp?)
    2 boxes blueberry waffles
    -syrup

I had a few beers saturday night which probably isnt the best idea but whatever.....I had a good time. The AM online show is on sunday so I plan on trying to duplicate this again.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
  2. CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread
    By Rugger in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
  3. Carb Refeed
    By CryingEmo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 06:25 PM