Beers and bodybulding

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by tirtle88 View Post
    Im only 19 and im a recovering alcoholic haven't dranken alcohol in a year and a half

It's great not being sh it faced all the time

Congrat's on being sober !

Supplements, like alcohol can become addictive, its all moderation. I'd like to find the bastard that coined the phrase "social drinker" and smack him in the head.

I enjoy beer and a good lifestyle. I'm just into supp's for the fitness part, I don't make a living building my body professionally. Ever wonder why all the fans at a game get to drink but the guys playing don't ? cause they do so afterwards. The dart team I'm on sure can pound them down, these guys are pro's.

2. its good to see soo many diff opinions on this sub. i drink maybe once a week only get drunk maybe once or twice a month. i know its going to slow me down in reaching my goals but theirs a line i draw at some point to where having fun is more important. i agree alcohol isnt needed for a fun time but it makes me loose and lets me enjoy life more.
    •   

3. I have 2 hobbies: bodybuilding and home-brewing

...guess I'm f*cked...

4. Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
    i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!
    Just gotta drink ram piss, like the Germans do..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DavesNotHere; 12-14-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: its a ram not a goat

5. theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting

7. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting
    I don't see how that would be possible, seeing as the carbonation would certainly dehydrate you. i mean that's what a hangover is... Dehydration, caused by alcohol. Now a glass of red wine a day, is good for your heart. But a b33r after a workout, can only be worse, blood pumping faster, and metabolism on the rise...

I'd love to see the report tho, interesting read.

8. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cientists.html heres the link about the study, nothing overally scientific but proves there was a study and from what they found was beneficial. no "scientific" information tho

9. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cientists.html heres the link about the study, nothing overally scientific but proves there was a study and from what they found was beneficial. no "scientific" information tho
    I wasn't trying to bash on ya dude, just curious is all

10. no worries man, no bashing taken. ya im pretty skeptical of this as well but what they describe seems somewhat plausible, still i will never do it

11. Lol it is an awesome article though.

12. Beer increases estrogen I think, I basicly cut beer out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. a couple beers?
    By BxGymRat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM
  2. Light Beers Effects
    By Havoc in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
  3. Natural Bodybulding
    By MuscleFreak45 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation