Beers and bodybulding

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Sure but then you're going to suck at being an alcoholic and suck at building muscle. Why not just decide if you want to be a really good alcoholic or really good at building muscle?
    i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
    i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!


  2. It could be a rumor like anything else, but I heard Arnold and all of the bbers from the 60's and 70's use to drink beer for that specific reason.
    •   
       


  3. mmm B33R...

    I love my Soco and Root Beer mixed, i drink once every weekend... i have noticed no ill effects from when i quit drinking a while back and lifted. Okay in moderation, but i have no plans of going back to Mr. One-Bottle-a-Night-Marine anytime soon... bad bad mojo.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
    i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!
    Fantastic plan. So when you say huge you mean fat right?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Fantastic plan. So when you say huge you mean fat right?
    LMAO!
    •   
       


  6. i cut out drinking for about 6 or 7 months, i built up my 5rm bench press to 280 pounds. and i included it in my chest routine. i recently went to my girlfriends family party, and got completely tanked. i took the next day to recover, and the day after was my chest day. my 5rm was reduced by 30 pounds.

  7. if you don't drink beer, then you're not a man...discussion over!

  8. My .02, taste the beer, don't just drink it. Most beer drinkers that binge 1-2x per week usually are the ones with no abs. I'll tell you this much, as soon as I cut out all alcohol, I drop weight quick and I am more responsive at the gym. But I will tell you this, I do enjoy my beers every now and then, and I gotta be honest, I too indulge every once in a while! (blackouts)

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AndreAnabolic View Post
    i cut out drinking for about 6 or 7 months, i built up my 5rm bench press to 280 pounds. and i included it in my chest routine. i recently went to my girlfriends family party, and got completely tanked. i took the next day to recover, and the day after was my chest day. my 5rm was reduced by 30 pounds.
    I read some where that your strength is reduced significantly up to two days after a binge. I know when I workout the day after I drank,I'm just not there.

    Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    if you don't drink beer, then you're not a man...discussion over!
    That's retarded. If you don't have balls,then you aren't a man. If you don't drink beer then you just...don't drink beer.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post

    That's retarded. If you don't have balls,then you aren't a man. If you don't drink beer then you just...don't drink beer.
    I have 3 balls.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by tirtle88 View Post
    Im only 19 and im a recovering alcoholic haven't dranken alcohol in a year and a half

    It's great not being sh it faced all the time

    Congrat's on being sober !

    Supplements, like alcohol can become addictive, its all moderation. I'd like to find the bastard that coined the phrase "social drinker" and smack him in the head.

    I enjoy beer and a good lifestyle. I'm just into supp's for the fitness part, I don't make a living building my body professionally. Ever wonder why all the fans at a game get to drink but the guys playing don't ? cause they do so afterwards. The dart team I'm on sure can pound them down, these guys are pro's.

  12. its good to see soo many diff opinions on this sub. i drink maybe once a week only get drunk maybe once or twice a month. i know its going to slow me down in reaching my goals but theirs a line i draw at some point to where having fun is more important. i agree alcohol isnt needed for a fun time but it makes me loose and lets me enjoy life more.

  13. I have 2 hobbies: bodybuilding and home-brewing

    ...guess I'm f*cked...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
    i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!
    Just gotta drink ram piss, like the Germans do..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DavesNotHere; 12-14-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: its a ram not a goat

  15. theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting

  16. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting

  17. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting
    I don't see how that would be possible, seeing as the carbonation would certainly dehydrate you. i mean that's what a hangover is... Dehydration, caused by alcohol. Now a glass of red wine a day, is good for your heart. But a b33r after a workout, can only be worse, blood pumping faster, and metabolism on the rise...

    I'd love to see the report tho, interesting read.

  18. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cientists.html heres the link about the study, nothing overally scientific but proves there was a study and from what they found was beneficial. no "scientific" information tho

  19. Quote Originally Posted by sumbum801 View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cientists.html heres the link about the study, nothing overally scientific but proves there was a study and from what they found was beneficial. no "scientific" information tho
    I wasn't trying to bash on ya dude, just curious is all

  20. no worries man, no bashing taken. ya im pretty skeptical of this as well but what they describe seems somewhat plausible, still i will never do it

  21. Lol it is an awesome article though.

  22. Beer increases estrogen I think, I basicly cut beer out.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Football, Beers and Midterms - Ur Spray To The Rescue!!!
    By Spaniard in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
  2. thoughts on drinking beer and trying to get gains
    By maxx77 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
  3. The Beer and Liquor Thread
    By mich29 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 03:09 AM
  4. Beer and Muscle Gains
    By Weightman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Log in
Log in