NUTS!!!!!! That taste good

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'm fed up with walnuts. They taste like shit!!!

Is there anything else out there that's similar in price and nutritional value that doesn't taste like ass?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I can eat unsalted cashews all day. Almonds are a bit plain, give the cashews a go.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Dollar extra a pound on some sites than walnuts.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Lol wow. I never considered buying nuts/seeds online.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I paid about £1.50 for 200gms or something. not bad considering you only need a few for some decent calories but yeah im sure you can buy them in bulk from somewhere.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I know i've said it a few times, but if you learn how to roast walnuts, or any nuts for that matter, you can add a great deal of flavor. Hell, if you have roasted peanuts and peanut oil, maybe some flax seed, you can home make peanut butter.

Firsttofight

Firsttofight

Awards
Blue Diamond Almonds - Maui Onion and Garlic. Hand's down best I've ever eaten.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Haven't had anything by blue diamond, but I do love garlic. I've had green emerald nuts, pretty good stuff.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established

jk

Pecans taste best, but have more carbs. Almonds don't taste quite as good imo, but you can eat more of them b/c of the low carb content.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
You can buy anything online, ANYTHING.
I still laugh at when that guy tried to sell Canada on Ebay...

Try your local bulk food store, if that even exists. I agree - walnuts taste like ass after a while. They have a bitter taste to them that quickly can be overdone. Almonds and cashews however have yet to bore me at the slightest, and I eat them both "raw" (unsalted, untreated... most affordable and ensures purity of nasty crap). They are definintly out there, you just have to find them. Going online is not a bad option though, as it is likely far more affordable if you go through more than a few handfuls a day.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Blue Diamond Almonds - Maui Onion and Garlic. Hand's down best I've ever eaten.
My buddies love the smokehouse flavor by Blue Diamond... those cans are freakin' everywhere whenever I stop by. I'll have to let them know about onion and garlic, sounds damn good. Sometimes when these things taste too good though, its a bad thing... I can go through the whole jar if my mind is not there... bad news when that's the case.

Emerald "sea salt and pepper" cashews had me a few months ago. Had to stop buying it because I'd eat 2-3 times as much as I was supposed to be eating... hahha. Good stuff. Check that one out sometime.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
in an attempt to maintain 1:1 omega 3 : omega 6 ratio, then you really have no other choice than to eat walnuts...

all the other nuts are far higher in omega 6. that's why walnuts have that taste that is not surprisingly similar to flax seed.

roasted walnuts are incredibly tasty. I do 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. they will be soft, but let them cool and they will be crunchy.

cashews, almonds, filberts, pistachios, peanuts, etc. are all omega 6 sources that most of us do not need. but nevertheless, they are unsaturated fats that are much better for us than saturated..

just so you know even greasy chinese food and french fries are high in omega 6.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Place the walnuts on a baking sheet - Spray them with PAM natural - Sprinkle cinnamon on them (no sugar) - Sprinkle some nutmeg... roast on 250 for 45 minutes. It's a great way to mask the ass taste without adding unwanted sugar. I have even been successful with sprinkling different All The Whey's protein on them.

Almonds.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Except weed. Pecans and cashews rock. Period.
I beg to differ o_O
http://cgi.*********/20-Asclepias-Ice-Ballet-Seeds-Perennial-Butterfly-Weed_W0QQitemZ260304654936QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260304654936&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C39%3A2%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I never thought of buying them online either, but hey, why not.
Try just mixing almonds with peanuts/cashews some, so you get a little bit of variety going.

Dang, I found some funky lookin stuff that was some type of weed on Ebay, but the link won't work, lol.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Marcona Almonds

1OZ.
P-7G
C-2G
F-17G
SF-1.5G

BEST TASTING NUTS EVER!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Except weed. Pecans and cashews rock. Period.
If you can get juice off of the net, im sure that some places are willing to sell weed. I know they have seed banks that sell the marijuana seeds.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for sunflower seeds. Dirty cheap, you can get them shelled and roastes (no salt added) and they have a higher protein content than walnuts.

I personally mix it up between sunflower seeds, walnuts, and recently I added almonds to the mix.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Do you happen to eat the sunflower shells? I do, all the time.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I'm gonna hafta grab some sunflower seeds, I never thought about adding those <_<

Firsttofight

Firsttofight

Awards
Sunflower seeds without the shells are bad ass. You have to be careful or you will eat handfuls at a time.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sunflower seeds without the shells are bad ass. You have to be careful or you will eat handfuls at a time.
That's the idea, 2 handfuls equals ~1/4 cup.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tell them to eat pineapple before you eat their nuts, it should taste a lot sweeter and have little/no effect on blood sugar while still being high in protein.

Macadamia nuts are pretty good!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Tell them to eat pineapple before you eat their nuts, it should taste a lot sweeter and have little/no effect on blood sugar while still being high in protein.

Macadamia nuts are pretty good!
I think its more for the fat value:burg:

landfill

Awards
Hmm , I think the pounds and pounds of carrots I eat must have mixed in and turned it to the right colour :lol:
Just got 6lbs more today; damn they're addicting but WAY too salty. I wish the unsalted ones I can buy weren't so damn stale.
If the unsalted ones are raw then they will have a slightly soft 'stale' texture to them,you can also get roasted unsalted which will have a better taste and texture.If you can get hold of raw ones you can roast them yourself and avoid the salt.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Steveo - It's best to buy bulk lots of almonds, seeds, etc... You can actually get them roasted with sea salt; get them raw; or many other ways.
I use Sun Organic Farms for all my bulk almonds, seeds, etc.

JR07005

JR07005

Awards
Online nuts

I just received an order from nutsonline.com and they are great!:woohoo:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Dunno about the cost effectiveness, but nut butters are the shiiiiiit. Almond butter, cashew butter, and then my all-time favorite, cashew macadamia butter. Crazy good, and I mean almost too good - difficult to stop sometimes. It's like caramelized candy. Been buying my jars from Trader Joe's... check those down sometime... seriously good stuff.

Darkstar765

Banned
Awards
Soynuts have the most protein. Just get them roasted and salted

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveo - It's best to buy bulk lots of almonds, seeds, etc... You can actually get them roasted with sea salt; get them raw; or many other ways.
I use Sun Organic Farms for all my bulk almonds, seeds, etc.
Selection up here in Canada in spotty, but I'll see what I can find. I usually buy raw almonds and roast them myself.

Soynuts have the most protein. Just get them roasted and salted
You don't want too much soy (or much at all), it lowers testosterone. But if you really enjoy them, you can still have a couple.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've been going with different flavors of peanuts recently