Diet Question please help me!!!!

1. Registered User
    Answers

Diet Question please help me!!!!

I have a quick question...I am 2 weeks out from a bodybuilding show i weigh 155 down from 176 about 12 weeks of diet. Anyways someone told me when I was about a month out to cut carbs outta my diet completly only eat carbs on carb up days which for me is once a week. Is this the right thing or should I eat a very small portion of carbs every meal?

DIET:
    I eat 5 whole meals and two shakes a day. The whole meals consist of 6 oz of chicken breast and 20 almonds. The shakes are a 1.5 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of PB. I feel like im not losing any more weight and ive come to a halt!! so carbs or no carbs i guess?

CARDIO:

I rotate and do moderate walking which totals 1.5 hours a day or do 50 minutes of HIIT

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo542 View Post
    I have a quick question...I am 2 weeks out from a bodybuilding show i weigh 155 down from 176 about 12 weeks of diet. Anyways someone told me when I was about a month out to cut carbs outta my diet completly only eat carbs on carb up days which for me is once a week. Is this the right thing or should I eat a very small portion of carbs every meal?

DIET:
    I eat 5 whole meals and two shakes a day. The whole meals consist of 6 oz of chicken breast and 20 almonds. The shakes are a 1.5 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of PB. I feel like im not losing any more weight and ive come to a halt!! so carbs or no carbs i guess?

CARDIO:

I rotate and do moderate walking which totals 1.5 hours a day or do 50 minutes of HIIT
    Breakfast is where carbs are less likely to be partitioned towards fat cells, so maybe with a glucose disposal agent like P-Slin, you can carb up every breakfast. Or jump on NPs sale and get bulk P-Slin powder and carb up breakfast and postworkout.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

so breakfast would be the better time to have carbs? anyone else have any input on what I could do? or if what I am doing is even right
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Just food for thought, but breakfast is when your cortisol is the highest, which inhibits insulin I believe. Most people have larger carb meals around breakfast, but I thought I would throw that out there because unless I'm training after breakfast I don't have carbs for breakfast.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Just food for thought, but breakfast is when your cortisol is the highest, which inhibits insulin I believe. Most people have larger carb meals around breakfast, but I thought I would throw that out there because unless I'm training after breakfast I don't have carbs for breakfast.
    Interesting... I thought insulin response in the morning blunts cortisol.

This nutrition theorist $hit is confusing...
    ...peace I'm outta here
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Interesting... I thought insulin response in the morning blunts cortisol.

This nutrition theorist $hit is confusing...
    ...peace I'm outta here
    Well you're right that carbs will cause an insulin spike which blunts cortisol, but because of the high cortisol your insulin resistance is higher (Sorry I didn't mean inhibits insulin above), so it's a good time to use a nutrient partitioner (PSlin, AP, YG, Na-R-ALA, Your call)
  7. Registered User
    Answers

so do u think it is wise to cut out carbs all the way and just have them on carb load up days or should i still have 2 servings of carbs per day
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

If you're 2 weeks out, I might totally cut carbs for the first week and see if that kicks out a little more weight. You've obviously hit a plateau, so dropping carbs altogether my shock your body a bit in the right direction. But, if after the first week you see no change, then it may not be the carbs that are causing a stall in your weight loss. Thats my $0.02
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Well you're right that carbs will cause an insulin spike which blunts cortisol, but because of the high cortisol your insulin resistance is higher (Sorry I didn't mean inhibits insulin above), so it's a good time to use a nutrient partitioner (PSlin, AP, YG, Na-R-ALA, Your call)
    Good man Steve. I like a comprimise.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. diet question
    By liftallday123 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM
  2. help with diet and other question
    By firedoghfd in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 05:13 PM