Nutrition help due to training change

jspillane08

Awards
Recently graduated from college and now I will be starting a job next week with faily regular business hours.

Current diet is as follows

Breakfast
2 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 bannana
1 tbs almond butter

Postworkout
Monster milk shake

midday snack
1 cup cottage cheese
1 apple
handful of almonds

lunch

8 oz chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
large salad with tomato/ cucumber

Dinner
8 oz steak or salman
3 cups of green vegtables
fruit or yogurt

bedtime
1 scoop whey
1 scoop probolic protein blend
1 tbs almond butter

With my new work day ending at 6 what is the best suggestion. Train at 630 and take the shake and dinner in after the workout? THis scenario has me eating dinner probably around 10 pm far to late I would think. Bring a dinner with me and eat i before I train? or go home eat and train around 8 or 9 in which case my postworkout shake would also sufice as a bedtime shake? It doesnt seem all that complicated but im having some trouble making a schedule.

One final concern is with my new job activity levels may be lower. I know prevailing theory is to cut carbs at night. However, in this case I am thinking of cutting the starchy carb out of my lunch and placing it in my dinner as I will be training at that time. Basically, what im saying is please help me with a schedule and is it right to be eating more carbs before i am going to be active even if it is late at night.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on graduation.

Diet looks solid... well done. Confused however with your scheduling. Post-workout is listed in the AM, with your shake, but you also write that you train in the PM, after work. Two a days, or a typo? It makes planning a whole lot easier if you use time, rather than "breakfast/lunch" etc.

If you train at 6:30 PM, 1830, then it appears that there is quite the gap between lunch and your workout, something like 6 hours(assuming, since there's no times listed). Bringing a meal to fill that void, and eating roughly 1-2 hours before you train, would be optimal IMO. 4-6oz deli turkey, an apple, and some nuts are easy to transport, and real quick to woof down.

Good thinking on moving the starch (brown rice) from lunch to your PPWO (dinner) meal. IMO, I would drop the rice in entirety, and have another piece of fruit with dinner. The acidity of brown rice for me is a major turn off, but I also strive to maintain a Paleo diet after seeing for myself how effective it really is. For the most part, you diet is also Paleo, which is solid.
In the absense of the brown rice at lunch, I would let it be at the salad depending on what you put in it. A dense salad filled with vegetables will do the job... strive to hit 30-40g of CHO from the salad.

Aside from that, there really isn't any glaring weaknesses that I see. One thing worth mentioning is the "fruit or yogurt" option you left up there... I personally see nothing to gain from yogurt, and view it as a compromise. The vast majority contain refined sugars, and you will virtually have zero in this diet if you cut that last part out. I didn't count your macro's, but it appears that you have a great plan. Fine tuning, to be picky, is all I can really offer. Nice job.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
^^^ Yep....

I wish there were more i could say! haha

jspillane08

Awards
I apologize my current training is in the AM I will be moving to the pm soon

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
what time do you train, and what time do you go to bed?

EDIT: on second thought, it doesn't matter. you're low carb anyways, and my question then has no merit.