Poll: post workout carbs- crucial yes or no

post workout carbs- crucial yes or no

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. I'm an advocate of Whey + blend of simple and complex carbs + 1tbsp natty pb.

    I'm likin' it.


  2. some of the recommendations are just broscience...passed around from one forum to another.

    these are clips from an article by Alan Aragon.

    http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf



    what i do is:
    regular meal 2-3 hours before
    banana or other fruit + whey preworkout
    bcaa during
    oatmeal, whey, peanut butter afterwards
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
    these are clips from an article by Alan Aragon.
    alan used to post over here.
    i get his monthly publication....very quality.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post

    the ideal pwo meal in my opinion is a mixture of casein + whey + fat.
    Could you give me an example of your PWO meal.

    Something like this perhaps.....

    25g casein
    25g whey
    1 TBSP Natty PB

    20g casein
    20g whey
    2 TBSP Natty PB


    THANKS

  5. my trainer who is diesel and used to compete has me on
    60 g waxy maize + 6 grams BCAA immediately post w/o.
    15 minutes later I do 40 grams whey or 20 grams whey and 1 scoop N-Large (that I bought for 75% off)

    i have no intention of getting to be his size, but I am still trying to recomp (though I am in a deficit at the moment.)
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Could you give me an example of your PWO meal.

    Something like this perhaps.....

    25g casein
    25g whey
    1 TBSP Natty PB

    20g casein
    20g whey
    2 TBSP Natty PB


    THANKS
    currntly i do 2 cups 2% milk + 2 scoops ultra peptide 2.0

    on a budget i do 2 cups 2% milk + 2 scoops whey concentrate + 2tbsp natty pb.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    my trainer who is diesel and used to compete has me on
    60 g waxy maize + 6 grams BCAA immediately post w/o.
    15 minutes later I do 40 grams whey or 20 grams whey and 1 scoop N-Large (that I bought for 75% off)

    i have no intention of getting to be his size, but I am still trying to recomp (though I am in a deficit at the moment.)
    this would be an excellent pwo protocol for me if i was on tons of gear.
    unfortunatly i am not on using, so it would just make me :donut:.

  8. I am moderately lactose intolerant so milk is totally out of the question!

    Thanks for the info Hank!!!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  9. Sounds to me like milk and eggs win again.

  10. Hank, would you recommend the following if one could afford it?

    2Cups 2%milk
    1scoop casein
    1scoop whey isolate
    2tbsp natty pb

    The macros for this would come out to the following:
    protein = 69 (45g from powders & 16g from milk & 8g from pb)
    carbs = 36 (4g from powders & 26g from milk & 6g from pb)
    fat = 26 (16g from pb & 10g from milk)

    or is that overkill? If so, how should i reduced this down?

    thanks man

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    currntly i do 2 cups 2% milk + 2 scoops ultra peptide 2.0

    on a budget i do 2 cups 2% milk + 2 scoops whey concentrate + 2tbsp natty pb.

  11. comments??

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Hank, would you recommend the following if one could afford it?

    2Cups 2%milk
    1scoop casein
    1scoop whey isolate
    2tbsp natty pb

    The macros for this would come out to the following:
    protein = 69 (45g from powders & 16g from milk & 8g from pb)
    carbs = 36 (4g from powders & 26g from milk & 6g from pb)
    fat = 26 (16g from pb & 10g from milk)

    or is that overkill? If so, how should i reduced this down?

    thanks man

  12. I prefer either a whey casien blended protien with a decent amount of carbs (30g high GI or +60g low GI), as well as a good healthy fat source like natty PB.

    If not then just fast absorbing protien with milk (at least 2 cups) and again in a couple hours.... Protien should be taken in decent amounts at least 30min post and then again bout 2-3 hours later. I prefer the first to be a shake like was mentioned earlier (60g/1cup blended oats, 1 bannana, 2tbsp natty PB, 2 cups of milk, 35-60gs of protien) and then a full balanced meal 2-3 hours later.

    I also use AP and pslin regularly, this definately is my savior when it comes to keeping carbs from spilling over into fat stores.

  13. Are u serious, and if so, please explain. Although i do like the idea (lowfat milk has quality proteins + sugars), so i dont see why not.

    Give me your reasoning behind this PWO drink. Basically, it looks too easy.

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    I drink a half gallon of skim milk right after my workout. Just enough protein and sugar to make it all work out.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Are u serious, and if so, please explain. Although i do like the idea (lowfat milk has quality proteins + sugars), so i dont see why not.

    Give me your reasoning behind this PWO drink. Basically, it looks too easy.

    thanks
    He is - I asked him.

    You could look at it from this angle: why wouldn't it work?

    Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best!

  15. I used to think I NEEDED to spike insulin post workout. Lately I've been taking a scoop of PW,35g waxy,and 5g crea mono during my workout and then when I get home I'll have an Ezekiel bread chicken sandwhich,some carrots,almonds,and 4oz grape juice.

    I'm not saying carbs are essential postworkout but I can't imagine not eating carbs after a workout.

  16. I love post workout threads. I also love the idea of fat for post workout nutrition.

    I have experimented with carbs and did put on quite a bit in the waist area as well as everywhere else.

    I remember using low-fat milk, whole eggs, olive oil and whey as post workout and really liking it. it's not a shake you drink down quick but sipping it over 30-40 minutes is good.

    I also like oats, egg whites, whey and honey which keeps me full for hours.

    Jag

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I have experimented with carbs and did put on quite a bit in the waist area as well as everywhere else.

    Same here. I gave u on the whole PWO carb thing 4 months agho now and have never been leaner. PWO whey only.

    Works for me.

  18. Yep. For me, im dong the following

    2cups FFmilk + 2scoops whey + 1tbsp natty pb

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Same here. I gave u on the whole PWO carb thing 4 months agho now and have never been leaner. PWO whey only.

    Works for me.

  19. Tried out 2 cups whole milk + 1 scoop cinnamon bun whey..

    Was awesome, an easy 400 calories.. and I stayed full for a good while.

  20. As long as the meal is high in protein, I just eat. Protein, fat, carbs, you need it all. As long as it's 'clean' and more protein than anything else it seems to be working for me.

  21. Something different after each workout is good to. I found something that sits reall good in my stomach once or twice will bloat the hell out of me the third or fourth time.

    The size of the shake would also vary depending on the size of the workout. I can consume a lot of calories after legs but the meal/shake after shoulders or arms would be a bit smaller.

    Jag

  22. I started reading it and then it began to quote Albert Einstein and crap, and then my head exploded. So, i didnt get to finish the article



    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post

  23. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    I find stuff like this very interesting...but confusing!! I wish i had the time to sit down and decipher it.

    If someone could break it down into a few paragraphs in laymans terms would be great.

    Jag

  24. You wanna know confusing? What the hell is that in your avatar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I find stuff like this very interesting...but confusing!! I wish i had the time to sit down and decipher it.

    If someone could break it down into a few paragraphs in laymans terms would be great.

    Jag
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pre-Workouts Ba Tingles Yes or No ??
    By Rocket3015 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 12:04 AM
  2. Topic of the Week: Post Workout - High GI Carbs? Yes or No
    By Driven2lift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 11:43 PM
  3. Milk w/ Post Workout Whey - Yes or No?
    By SLW2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 05:14 PM
  4. Post workout carbs crucial or counter productive?
    By marcink99 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Log in
Log in