DCP / BERBERINE The Gut-B-Gone Log

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I will officially start tomorrow with more detailed info but we"ll start now!

Weight 226lbs AM
Height 5'9" all the time:(

waist 38" at button
thigh 25 1/4"
bicep 17 1/2"
chest 49"
All will be cold flexed.

Supps
1) Turk 1.5gm x3 WO, 1gmX3 NON
2) Concentrated fish oil 2gmx3
3) Taurine 2gmx3
4) AlCar 1gmX3
5) Beta Carotine 25000iu X1
6) Now Multi
7) CEE 3gm X2 WO only
8) ALA 300mg X3
9) BCAA 5gm X2 WO only
10) DCP 3x3 1st wk then 2X3 remainder
11) Berberine 300mg X 3

Routine= Mid to low volume 3way split (3x5 & 4x6 compound movements) 4x8-10(iso movements)

Diet= Eating 5 meals a day 300-350gm protein multiple sources the rest hasnt changed still eat what I want as to be more objective.That being stated Ill still be eating crap whenever I want.Ill try to keep a calorie count.

I will be doing no cardio.

Im 4lbs lighter now than in these pictures.

View attachment 16084

View attachment 16085

View attachment 16086

Last edited:
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking huge man, I think you have the perfect base phys to see just how well DCP will be.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If youre implying plenty of fat over muscle youre correct!:D

In all seriousness Thanks for the complement.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Naaa man never that. I'm implying that you have a lot untouch aesthetic capabilities that will make it easy to gauge DCP/Ber effects.:D

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty bold of you to post a mug like that! lol, j/k. Good luck with your DCP man, we gotta all help each other out! BTW your gonna sweat your ass off when you eat!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dont let the MUG SHOT fool you Im much better looking at a distance.

Also I know that theres alot of untouched asthetic potential under my winter coat.Cant wait to see it.

Thanks guys.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro. Watching your log along with the others very close...

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Woke up dosed my supps waited 30 min ate breakfast and waited to lift.

heart rate

AM 70-75 bpm

after 3 DCP 90-100bpm

during training 140-150bpm (NO CARDIO)

Now still 100 bpm

After taking my initial dose of DCP/BERB (1/2hr) started to feel energized.Kind of like I wanted to smash something(ephedra like BUT without the shakes)

Went into my gym and started to train-the weights felt light endurance was very good(never got winded and didnt feel fatigue until my last 3 of my final set of skull crushers.)Very impressed.

Part way into the session the sweats started;BTW in my basement where my power rack and weights are its 60 degrees.It was a good sweat not profuse but very good none the less.

Right now I feel very warm especially my face it feels wind burned. Im not sweating but I also work amongst racks of equiptment(air comditioning runs 24/7) and its only 65 degrees and Im in a t shirt.

I feel very alert and clear but not euphoric.Im liking this combo.Ill take my body temp tomorrow if I remember.

Tomorrow im upping my dose of DCP to 4X3 as Im jealous of the others who are disguistingly persperating while doing nothing.LOL

SO IN A NUTSHELL
strength is up.
endurance is up
motivation(agression) and energy are up.
mental focus is up.
body temp is up.
BMR is up 20% +

This ought to be able to do some damage to the fat stores in a short amount of time and pack on some lean mass.
:thumbsup:

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Woke up dosed my supps waited 30 min ate breakfast and waited to lift.

heart rate

AM 70-75 bpm

after 3 DCP 90-100bpm

during training 140-150bpm (NO CARDIO)

Now still 100 bpm

After taking my initial dose of DCP/BERB (1/2hr) started to feel energized.Kind of like I wanted to smash something(ephedra like BUT without the shakes)

Went into my gym and started to train-the weights felt light endurance was very good(never got winded and didnt feel fatigue until my last 3 of my final set of skull crushers.)Very impressed.

Part way into the session the sweats started;BTW in my basement where my power rack and weights are its 60 degrees.It was a good sweat not profuse but very good none the less.

Right now I feel very warm especially my face it feels wind burned. Im not sweating but I also work amongst racks of equiptment(air comditioning runs 24/7) and its only 65 degrees and Im in a t shirt.

I feel very alert and clear but not euphoric.Im liking this combo.Ill take my body temp tomorrow if I remember.

Tomorrow im upping my dose of DCP to 4X3 as Im jealous of the others who are disguistingly persperating while doing nothing.LOL

SO IN A NUTSHELL
strength is up.
endurance is up
motivation(agression) and energy are up.
mental focus is up.
body temp is up.
BMR is up 20% +

This ought to be able to do some damage to the fat stores in a short amount of time and pack on some lean mass.
:thumbsup:
So far so good!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GREAT log so far.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And thank you also kind sir.:D

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Dude - You are huge. Nice!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks haiz69 Ill be huger and leaner by time this is done!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks you guys are makin me blush.......oh Im sorry thats the wind burnt feeling my face gets on DCP:rant:

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I definatley notice a fullness in my muscles not like your typical two hours after pump.Its been 15 hours since training and I still feel full in the muscles.Also Im CRAVING protein and not sugar (although I did have a 3 pack of HoHos at work tonite:rolleyes: just for testing purposes of course)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
mmowry you did you the yg powder,correct? if so this should be interesting seeing you compare this to berberine

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
mmowry you did you the yg powder,correct? if so this should be interesting seeing you compare this to berberine
No YG .Im just going to rely on my feel and others logs to see the similarities or differences.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I got bereberine on the way, I'll be able to make a good a comparison. I like the hoho test. I did a pumpkin pie shake test, from Jack n the Box, I may have to recreate the experiment. :D

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cool you go cat go!!!------all in the name of science:thumbsup:

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
I got bereberine on the way, I'll be able to make a good a comparison. I like the hoho test. I did a pumpkin pie shake test, from Jack n the Box, I may have to recreate the experiment. :D
nice..i got like 150 grams left of YG to go through before i can try this myself..lol

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just an update~didnt train today only took my supps.

DCP-observations

Energy up
agression up
clarity up
Heart rate up
Body temp has leveled out(still warm but not on fire)

FWIW I am extremely resistant to thermos.

On to the Berberine-

Took my second dose here at work got side tracked and couldnt get any food into the gullet for almost an hour.Result the body wants to run through a wall=the brain wanted to shut off.Conclusion Hypo effects are very apparent and 5 minutes after eating my brain turned on.So its doing what its claimed to do!

Also My muscles stayed full all day as opposed to 1-2hrs.

Last edited:
TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think DCP is really DNP, the sweats are the same. lol.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id love to have DNP for a reference point as thermos have had little to no effect on me.This is 1 of only 2 that have ever raised my temp at all!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dsade would a shift to less carbs be more advantageous to thermogenesis?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On to the Berberine-

Took my second dose here at work got side tracked and couldnt get any food into the gullet for almost an hour.Result the body wants to run through a wall=the brain wanted to shut off.Conclusion Hypo effects are very apparent and 5 minutes after eating my brain turned on.So its doing what its claimed to do!

Also My muscles stayed full all day as opposed to 1-2hrs.
I retested this twice since and got all kinds of foggy and tired but directly after administration of carbs all was normal again.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade would a shift to less carbs be more advantageous to thermogenesis?
to thermogenesis, yes....to fatloss, depends on total calories and macro breakdown.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I lost weight the best I was at a 40/20/40 breakdown at maintenance level.Ill switch over and only use carbs post workout and after admin of Berb.Also yesterday was lower carb higher fat so thats what Ill do.Thanks!

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro...good log so far. Could you talk about when you're taking the DCP and Berb? I assume on an empty stomach, but timimg wise how does it work?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks haiz69 Ill be huger and leaner by time this is done!
Might I suggest you adopt the well thought out and safety concious protocol being followed by Ray "The Angry Indian" Sausage-Coleman?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey bro...good log so far. Could you talk about when you're taking the DCP and Berb? I assume on an empty stomach, but timimg wise how does it work?
You got it. Empty stomach first thing in the morning DCP/BERB @8:00 breakfast 8:30 or so. 2nd dose @13:00 followed by food 1/2hr later.Im also going to add a dose 300mg Berb to my Post work out shake/meal.And final dosing @18:00 followed by more food 1/2hr later.

Ill be weighing myself weekly with final measurements at the end.So far Im liking what Im feeling.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Might I suggest you adopt the well thought out and safety concious protocol being followed by Ray "The Angry Indian" Sausage-Coleman?
Well I was going to administer napalm chasers and sulphuric acid enimas to try to up the effectiveness but Im not quite upto Anal male I mean Alpha male status yet...........but we can dream cant we!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DCP-observations

Aggression up
heart rate up
body temp up
energy/endurance up
mood/ focus up

Trained today in the aftrenoon as opposed to evening.Blew through the weight.Major jump in rack deads and jumped weight in all other lifts.Again I only started to fatigue on the last 3 of my last set of rope hammer curls but never got winded.Still very impressed!
I really heat up when training on this stuff and for a few hours afterwards/far beyond what Im accostomed to.

I did a little experiment last night and ate 3 DCP before bed on an empty stomach.DO NOT DO this!I slept verywell but when I awoke I had quite q tummy ache :D

BERBERINE-observations

Well Im still feeling full with no fatigue. Dosing 300mgX4 @8,1,6 and post.I took in enough carbs close enough to dosing timeas to not go hypo.Recovery seems to be good now lets just see how much fat gets traided for muscle!:D
Earlier I posted I was going to shift my macros well sorry I realized thats unfair to the test and Ill just keep the protein up and eat whatever/whenever I want.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I lost weight the best I was at a 40/20/40 breakdown at maintenance level.Ill switch over and only use carbs post workout and after admin of Berb.Also yesterday was lower carb higher fat so thats what Ill do.Thanks!
I'm curious as to how this will work for you. You stated that you felt foggy until you consumed carbs. My question is, is this product basically for someone who be consuming mucho carbs? Would this product work for someone looking to run a low carb diet with a calorie deficit?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From what Ive gathered its more a matter of the timing than anything.Ive not cut back un my carbs at all but IM makin sure that I take them in 1/2 hour after administration.So my carbs whether good or bad are added to my protein source which wasnt necessarily my standard practice until now.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From what Ive gathered its more a matter of the timing than anything.Ive not cut back un my carbs at all but IM makin sure that I take them in 1/2 hour after administration.So my carbs whether good or bad are added to my protein source which wasnt necessarily my standard practice until now.
Yeah that was I'm thinking. So DCP might pose a problem for someone looking to carb cycle on a hypocaloric diet..

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that was I'm thinking. So DCP might pose a problem for someone looking to carb cycle on a hypocaloric diet..
Im thinking this result is from the Berberine as the DCP frees up fatty acids and uses them as fuel where as the Berberine Jacks up your insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake in muscle.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just noticed something that the effects are enhanced when I take my fish oil caps 15min AFTER the DCP.Duh probably due to quicker absorbtion.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just noticed something that the effects are enhanced when I take my fish oil caps 15min AFTER the DCP.Duh probably due to quicker absorbtion.
Interesting observation. Any more hypo feelings from the Berb ?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
So Mowry, how are you dosing the berberine? I just filled a 00 cap, is that about 300mg? Is that right?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id have to check and see.I just use a 1/8 ts packed.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ok so food or no food with dcp? i start mine tomorrow

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have found best results dosing 1/2 hour before eating.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well this weekend will make or break it.I ate like there was no tomorrow.Christmas party food is fantastic!

Dcp-observations

Energy up
focus up
body temp up (warm but not scorching)
agression good
stamina good
well being good

The effects have remained virtually the same except for the first day when my body actually reactedto the RK.My workout was less than stellar but that was due to Saturdays gorge fest and a queezy stomach Sunday.Then they put me on daylight at work after 9 months on second shift.The combination of these factors was not condusive to upping my weight.

I was still energetic and all but the muscles just werent firing right today.

Berberine-observations

Still feeling full after a crappy weight session.Im looking more full also so this may effect my weight on Wednesday.Hypo effects are less pronounced now but Ill up the dose to 500mg and not eat for an hour tomorow morning to see what happens.

Thoughts so far - hte DCP must be burning some fat as Im warmer.Its unfortunate that Im not responding to The RK as the thermo effect gives you something more tangible to focus on.The berberine must be doing its job also as Im looking better.The recovery from Fridays session was back to normal status but I beat the crap out of myself in the gym that day.Things are going well hopefully by Weds Ill be into the swing of the new shift.Update then.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dcp-observations

Energy up
focus up
body temp up (warm but not scorching)
agression up
stamina up
well being up
Heart rate 10-15% above at rest

todays workout went great upped weight in all lifts and finished all reps strong except the last 2 of my final set.
Things are still going well and Im liking this.There is no severe sweating at rest due to the fact that 1) I may be a poor candidate for RK 2)Ive upped my carbs as suggested for use of Berb.Still happy.

Weight 225 down 1lb but Im looking leaner and Thicker

Libido is fine which is always a severe concern for me because if the Mrs aint happy nobodys happy

Berberine - observations

Still feeling full for an extended period of time but Ive lost the hypo feeling.This is probably due to more carbs and more low GI carbs in my system.And possibly my insulin sensitivity is normalizing which would be good as my primary job is very sedintary and I was very carb sensitive.Ive not eaten clean by any stretch of the imagination and Im seeing visable progress.So this combo is working for recomp in a less than optimium environment thus the name Damage Control Protocol !This should help to dramatically change your body with a little discipline.Ive used NO discipline so far as to be fair to the name.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just to remind everyone Im doung NO cardio but Ive kept my dosing of DCP @3x2 and 4 before workout.Berb 300mgX3 and 500mg post workout.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Just to remind everyone Im doung NO cardio but Ive kept my dosing of DCP @3x2 and 4 before workout.Berb 300mgX3 and 500mg post workout.
so whats your total BERB intake per day?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
mmowry Supplement Logs 18