TUDCA

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. But thank you.
    SEMPER FI!!


  2. N/p just here to help
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    Nutra has it back!
    LOL

    Goodness.. I leave town.. NP brings it back into stock.. I come back to town, and it's out of stock -.-

  4. Quote Originally Posted by illriginalize View Post
    LOL

    Goodness.. I leave town.. NP brings it back into stock.. I come back to town, and it's out of stock -.-
    Life hates you. It's that simple

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Life hates you. It's that simple

    lol true story.

  6. Just saw this now.. heading over! I bet its outa stock again! lol
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  7. I picked up some of the liver lock, same stuff.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8

  8. Yup looks like liver lock is back in stock.

  9. NP needs to give us the option to select USPS for the package handler. I hate FedEx with a burning passion.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by illriginalize View Post
    NP needs to give us the option to select USPS for the package handler. I hate FedEx with a burning passion.
    You and me both. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a package with FedEx.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    You and me both. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a package with FedEx.
    Oh man... I've heard from friends losing packages. In my case, for some reason it takes FedEx more than a business week (5 days) to deliver packages within the U.S.

    Hell I've ordered stuff from Canada that was handled from Canada and domestically through USPS and still received it in 5 days (ordered on Monday morning, received Friday mid-afternoon of the same week).

    FedEx is just.. slow as balls. Always has been with my packages =\

  12. I still have yet to have an issue with FedEx. UPS on the other hand is a different story. I've had everything from delivering to the wrong address to the train carrying my package derailing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I still have yet to have an issue with FedEx. UPS on the other hand is a different story. I've had everything from delivering to the wrong address to the train carrying my package derailing.
    same here, I tend to have nothing but positives from fed ex.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8

  14. O/T but:

    Shipping Method:
    United States Postal Service - Priority Mail

    Yessss


  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I still have yet to have an issue with FedEx. UPS on the other hand is a different story. I've had everything from delivering to the wrong address to the train carrying my package derailing.
    Ups is golden for me. Now fedex sucks! For me
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  16. Sorry to bump an old thread..but any ETA when it's back in stock?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    can you take tudca all year round? or should you give yourself a break from time to time...just wondering for those who are on trt or have to take alot of oral meds
    Thunder cats, hoooo!

    Yes, you can take it 24/7. I would cycle it though.

  18. I'd have to read more, but this product isn't making sense to me. TUDCA is a metabolite of UDCA. Okay, sweet... we see UDCA used clinically for cholesterol gallstones, which makes sense given it's a bile acid. WE also see it in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis But, it seems like people are taking it because it reduces AST/ALT. However, that's in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, which narrows the bile tree meaning that heavy bile production could easily lead to cholestasis, a mechanism by which people with PSC see development of transaminitis (elevated AST/ALT). You'll also notice that although it's reducing an improvement in liver chemistry in patients with PSC, it didn't reduce their mortality or incidence of liver transplantation because all it's doing is addressing the cholestasis aspect of PSC, not the underlying histopathological changes that lead to fulminant hepatic failure. It seems a fair extrapolation to say that if you don't have some form of cholestasis, you shouldn't be expecting too much assistance from TUDCA/UDCA because that's not the primary mechanism by which steroid users are experiencing a transaminitis. We call it "chemical hepatitis" for a reason--the chemical is having a direct effect on the liver's parenchyma.

    All I'm seeing here is that, unless you've got confirmed cholesterol gallstones or are unfortunate enough to have symptomatic primary sclerosiing cholangitis, you're supplementing with an expensive product that probably won't do anything to help you combat steroid-induced hepatitis.

    NAC on the other hand augments glutathione reserves in the body, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and plays a direct role in detoxification. So, it's supplementation makes a whole lot more sense empirically.

    But hey, that's just my .02.
    "I'm not fat, I'm big boned!"

  19. Quote Originally Posted by trn450 View Post
    I'd have to read more, but this product isn't making sense to me. TUDCA is a metabolite of UDCA. Okay, sweet... we see UDCA used clinically for cholesterol gallstones, which makes sense given it's a bile acid. WE also see it in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis But, it seems like people are taking it because it reduces AST/ALT. However, that's in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, which narrows the bile tree meaning that heavy bile production could easily lead to cholestasis, a mechanism by which people with PSC see development of transaminitis (elevated AST/ALT). You'll also notice that although it's reducing an improvement in liver chemistry in patients with PSC, it didn't reduce their mortality or incidence of liver transplantation because all it's doing is addressing the cholestasis aspect of PSC, not the underlying histopathological changes that lead to fulminant hepatic failure. It seems a fair extrapolation to say that if you don't have some form of cholestasis, you shouldn't be expecting too much assistance from TUDCA/UDCA because that's not the primary mechanism by which steroid users are experiencing a transaminitis. We call it "chemical hepatitis" for a reason--the chemical is having a direct effect on the liver's parenchyma.

    All I'm seeing here is that, if you've got confirmed cholesterol gallstones or are unfortunate enough to have symptomatic primary sclerosiing cholangitis, you're supplementing with an expensive product that probably won't do anything to help you combat steroid-induced hepatitis.

    NAC on the other hand augments glutathione reserves in the body, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and plays a direct role in detoxification. So, it's supplementation makes a whole lot more sense empirically.

    But hey, that's just my .02.
    Yes, you are exactly correct! TUDCA/UDCA should only be viewed as a small adjunct to an already balanced breakfast (NAC, taurine, lecithin, etc..) It's cool that it's available, but the benefits are narrow and the cost is high. Plus, there's probably countless 1000's of bears with catheters hanging out of their abdomens, being milked on Chinese bile farms for this stuff, so even though you could probably use it indefinitely it's best to consider only using it sparingly.

    But you know the fear factor shrouding orals still runs rampant 'round these here parts. Fear kept alive by the occasional hepatic horror story of some guy exploding at the gym from biliary obstruction. It's almost achieved an urban legend status at this point...... "and just then as we were all sitting around the campfire, this crazed killer wearing a hockey mask ran up to us from out of the woods, holding a bloody bottle of dbol in his hideous cholecystitic hands! Take your TUDCA and Milk Thistle cuz he's probably coming for you too... Ahhhh!!!!"

  20. Good discussion and all, but the one time I ran UDCA is also the one time I had outstanding CBC results just two days after the cycle. But milk thistle isn't all that effective. It takes a lot of it to actually make a difference, which still winds up being marginal. It seems to me that the best approach is to limit the cycle of orals with plenty of time off in between cycles and avoiding alcohol in general. Between those two you can remain in a safe stance against liver problems.

    If you just wanted to lower cholesterol levels there are a host of other options out there that can easily do that...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post

    Yes, you are exactly correct! TUDCA/UDCA should only be viewed as a small adjunct to an already balanced breakfast (NAC, taurine, lecithin, etc..) It's cool that it's available, but the benefits are narrow and the cost is high. Plus, there's probably countless 1000's of bears with catheters hanging out of their abdomens, being milked on Chinese bile farms for this stuff, so even though you could probably use it indefinitely it's best to consider only using it sparingly.

    But you know the fear factor shrouding orals still runs rampant 'round these here parts. Fear kept alive by the occasional hepatic horror story of some guy exploding at the gym from biliary obstruction. It's almost achieved an urban legend status at this point...... "and just then as we were all sitting around the campfire, this crazed killer wearing a hockey mask ran up to us from out of the woods, holding a bloody bottle of dbol in his hideous cholecystitic hands! Take your TUDCA and Milk Thistle cuz he's probably coming for you too... Ahhhh!!!!"
    This is the greatest thing I've ever read.

  22. You could also probably write children's books

  23. Should i take TUDCA while i'm on Anavar?

  24. The more I read about tudca, the more pointless I see it being.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Mo_dash View Post
    Should i take TUDCA while i'm on Anavar?
    By all means, no. I hope your var is legit, most is faked.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  26. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    The more I read about tudca, the more pointless I see it being.

    Mike
    Why do you say this

  27. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    Why do you say this
    Because from what i see, it only covers 1 little angle of the issue. Then again, it does nothing more than nac alone according to my bloodwork.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  28. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    Because from what i see, it only covers 1 little angle of the issue. Then again, it does nothing more than nac alone according to my bloodwork.

    Mike
    What dosage of NAC do you run to have comparative results as tudca? Just curious

  29. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post
    What dosage of NAC do you run to have comparative results as tudca? Just curious
    I use bulk, nac very accurate with my scooper but i shoot for 600mg twice a day.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  30. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    I use bulk, nac very accurate with my scooper but i shoot for 600mg twice a day.

    Mike
    Cool thanks man
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TUDCA Now Available!
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
  2. Ultradrol and Tudca
    By Ev52 in forum Antaeus Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. TUDCA expired
    By meg72 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
  4. UDCA vs. TUDCA ??
    By thegodfather in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM
  5. Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA)
    By T H E O R E M in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Log in
Log in