International shipping: International Express/International Economy?

blind12

blind12

Awards
In the past I would have several shipping options from different companies when checking out. Now I only see 2 options: International Express/International Economy. What company is it ?

Because if it's Fedex, then their customs processing here in this country is either very complicated (if you do it yourself) or *very* expensive. Either way there's a lot of hassle and expense before I receive the goods.

With USPS things arrive via regular post service here and their customs processing fees are *several times* lower.

blind12

blind12

Awards
Oh and the shipping cost at checkout is much higher than before, so I assume it's not USPS. I don't think I will ever order anything via Fedex shipping, it's that bad.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Exact same in Ireland, Fedex shafts you!

slinkrs

Awards
Seriously, for one bottle of pills to ship to Ottawa Ontario it's $60... that HAS to be a joke. Looks like I'll have to go back to BN or BB.com

blind12

blind12

Awards
In Estonia I get to pay another $50-$60 for customs procedures (plus of course the taxes) so there is no way I will order anything via Fedex.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Seriously, for one bottle of pills to ship to Ottawa Ontario it's $60... that HAS to be a joke. Looks like I'll have to go back to BN or BB.com
Could you PM your address to me, I looked into shipping rates for a couple addresses in Ontario, and I was able to ship a single pill bottle for ~$17 to most addresses. If your getting quoted $60 for one bottle it sounds like either the system is not recognizing your address, or there is a bug somewhere.

chickenlegscb

Awards
yes i need to know this as well! I usually place orders on nutraplanet but only if i can ship with USPS! What are International Express and International Economy? Please don't tell me you have lost the USPS option off the nutraplanet website i wont be able to order from there any more!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you PM your address to me, I looked into shipping rates for a couple addresses in Ontario, and I was able to ship a single pill bottle for ~$17 to most addresses. If your getting quoted $60 for one bottle it sounds like either the system is not recognizing your address, or there is a bug somewhere.
Nvm: $18.29 for a bottle of Orange Triad.

slinkrs

Awards
Don't have enough posts to pm yet, hah
Just try anywhere in Ottawa Ontario, Canada

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
The following was the prices I was quoted for the couple addresses I tried...

One NutraPlanet Whey Protein was $31.43 to ship.
Five NutraPlanet Whey Proten's for $59.92 to ship.
One bottle of Orange Triad was $18.29 to ship.

If you are getting wildly different rates than above for an address in Ontario check to make sure your address information was filled in correctly as sometimes information is placed in the wrong field (city in zip code, zip code in city, etc).

slinkrs

Awards
The following was the prices I was quoted for the couple addresses I tried...

One NutraPlanet Whey Protein was $31.43 to ship.
Five NutraPlanet Whey Proten's for $59.92 to ship.
One bottle of Orange Triad was $18.29 to ship.

If you are getting wildly different rates than above for an address in Ontario check to make sure your address information was filled in correctly as sometimes information is placed in the wrong field (city in zip code, zip code in city, etc).
I've used you guys before and shipping was around what you said, but to the same address now is still $60 for one bottle of pills.

bearjuice

Awards
All Aussie's be very careful.I placed an order and asked for it not to be shipped Fedex and they have done so anyway.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH NP!

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
yes i need to know this as well! I usually place orders on nutraplanet but only if i can ship with USPS! What are International Express and International Economy? Please don't tell me you have lost the USPS option off the nutraplanet website i wont be able to order from there any more!
bump for this one.. :)

bearjuice

Awards
It would appear that NP dont give a rats ass about their overseas customers

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
bump for this one.. :)
I too would like to know the difference between international economy and express

EDIT

btw, i just received a package from nutraplanet today. they didnt charge me with brokerage fees. i was curious as to why? in the past, i was always charged with that fee which turned me off from order off of nutra. not saying its a bad thing...just curious if this was not a coincidence. if not, i will be ordering 99% of the time from nutra :D

im in CANADA btw

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too would like to know the difference between international economy and express

EDIT

btw, i just received a package from nutraplanet today. they didnt charge me with brokerage fees. i was curious as to why? in the past, i was always charged with that fee which turned me off from order off of nutra. not saying its a bad thing...just curious if this was not a coincidence. if not, i will be ordering 99% of the time from nutra :D

im in CANADA btw
I know we've been working on an arrangement to handle the brokerage fee beforehand, perhaps that's what's finally come to fruition although not 100% sure.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
In the past I would have several shipping options from different companies when checking out. Now I only see 2 options: International Express/International Economy. What company is it ?

Because if it's Fedex, then their customs processing here in this country is either very complicated (if you do it yourself) or *very* expensive. Either way there's a lot of hassle and expense before I receive the goods.

With USPS things arrive via regular post service here and their customs processing fees are *several times* lower.

Basically "International Express/International Economy" means nothing when it comes to carrier choice. What is happening on the back end is NutraPlanet is choosing the cheapest method for you based on your chosen time-frame. It could be USPS or FedEx, and in the future even possibly DHL and UPS.

To help you out though I have added another option on the shipping method page during checkout..... on the right side below where you can change your address you will now see a link called "USPS Rates Only" if you click on it your shipping rates will be refreshed and will be guaranteed to be USPS rates.

If you choose this option there is a very good chance your shipping costs will go up though (either prices stay the same because USPS was already selected, or USPS was more expensive).

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It would appear that NP dont give a rats ass about their overseas customers
That statement is completely asinine.

The fact that we are here answering questions, addressing customer complaints, and offering solutions proves your opinion to be not only false, but illogical.

Might want to try a little harder being respectful rather than talking out of your ass. You'd be surprised how far a civilized conversation will get you in life...

:redeemerwhore:

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've used you guys before and shipping was around what you said, but to the same address now is still $60 for one bottle of pills.
slinkrs, can you specify which pills you were adding to your cart? I want to check on something for you...

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
I know we've been working on an arrangement to handle the brokerage fee beforehand, perhaps that's what's finally come to fruition although not 100% sure.
I would hope so as Nutra Planet would have another customer (me).

I will do another test and order another shipment sometime in the future and let you guys know about the brokerage fee!

I was seriously happy when the fedex delivery man gave me my packaged and looked at me strangely when i had a hand full of change for the brokerage fee :D

blind12

blind12

Awards
Basically "International Express/International Economy" means nothing when it comes to carrier choice. What is happening on the back end is NutraPlanet is choosing the cheapest method for you based on your chosen time-frame. It could be USPS or FedEx, and in the future even possibly DHL and UPS.
USPS International Priority or whatever they call EMS was much cheaper than the new options.

If you choose this option there is a very good chance your shipping costs will go up though (either prices stay the same because USPS was already selected, or USPS was more expensive).
With Fedex the brokerage fees double or triple the total shipping cost anyway, so USPS is always cheaper.

bearjuice

Awards
That statement is completely asinine.

The fact that we are here answering questions, addressing customer complaints, and offering solutions proves your opinion to be not only false, but illogical.

Might want to try a little harder being respectful rather than talking out of your ass. You'd be surprised how far a civilized conversation will get you in life...

:redeemerwhore:
Really, well maybe you should attempt getting a response from your customer service department after placing your order and asking a legitimate question.

ie I asked twice which carrier had sent my order and was told politely "Thankyou your order has been shipped"

With all respect NP should have been aware of the issues and concerns regarding overseas customers before making unannounced alterations because quite simply FEDEX have shafted me in the past and I like many have lost $$$$

Oh and BTW it took 2 days to get any kind of valid response on the issue. 2 days may not seem like a long time but it is when its your $$$

Regards

chickenlegscb

Awards

To help you out though I have added another option on the shipping method page during checkout..... on the right side below where you can change your address you will now see a link called "USPS Rates Only" if you click on it your shipping rates will be refreshed and will be guaranteed to be USPS rates.

thankyou!

w3ss

Awards
  • Established

I just checked and there's no option like you said. :)

darkvard

Awards
why did you use fedex !! becuse of it i had to pay customs for a measly 70$ package
Please stop using fedex im not buying until you change it.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
why did you use fedex !! becuse of it i had to pay customs for a measly 70$ package
I just placed an order with the usps rates. it was more expensive but I cant use fedex. you could try it, though..

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
my last order (which was a day ago) was by fedex and i didnt get charged with any custom fees although i did get charged custums fees in the past. give it a try!

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
**** now I understand the low prices for shipment are only with Fedex and not USPS... I pay always taxes with Fedex and they charge me 10 Euros for processing it. Fedex sucks... So NP has not improved the things with shipment only hidding the highest cost from USPS. Not fair guys....

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
so i ordered yet again from nutra planet...this time a kilo of beta alanine.

i used the same shipping method as before (International Economy) and this time they (nutra) used USPS instead of Fedex.....

I was under the impression that it was ALWAYS Fedex as i prefer that a lot better than usps (faster shipping at the same price)

I was wondering if you guys could somehow clarify which shipper will be used so we can pick.....

I am afraid i will probably get charged for brokerage fees this time because of USPS shipper...but i will keep it updated.

No nutra hate....just some feedback from an international customer.

THANKS!

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
bump with an update

i just received a package from nutraplanet and no brokerage fees!!!

i encourage canadians to get on nutraplanet.

my only complaint is no choice between fedex and usps (with fedex being the superior choice)

blind12

blind12

Awards
Funny how Fedex can be superior in Canada and so crappy in the rest of the world :D

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
Funny how Fedex can be superior in Canada and so crappy in the rest of the world :D
It is also funny to see that NP does not answer to our remarks about they fact that they have not changed anything really but just hide the international option we were all using that was the most expensive, inviting to use Fedex instead (without mentioning it) but paying custom fee which is even worst as this could be very very expensive.

kyoryoko

Awards
I found that if your ordering bulky items then the fedex option is better because their rate seems to be a bit better as the weight increases. While I still have to pay import tax on it it's still less than choosing usps because their rates seem linear for weight. When I order just pills I use usps where I don't pay the tax but I pay a slightly higher shipping rate. Mainly because the import rate is based on the price of goods shipped.

I'm located in japan if that makes a difference.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seriously, USPS FLAT RATE BOXES, TRACKED $40 fits like 8 x 1kg tubs + 20 bottles.. and it costs like $40-45US to AUSTRALIA.
Arrives within 2 WEEKS.

I'd rather this, than pay $120 to have something arrive in a week and a half!

:D

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, USPS FLAT RATE BOXES, TRACKED $40 fits like 8 x 1kg tubs + 20 bottles.. and it costs like $40-45US to AUSTRALIA.
Arrives within 2 WEEKS.

could NP provide this?? :D

knightowl

Awards
Fedex is not the best choice to Canada, My past 2 orders using USPS has been both charged taxes and opened.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Arrives within 2 WEEKS.

FYI 8 1 kilo jars will never even come close to fitting into a flat rate box. The biggest flat rate box 12" x 12" x 5-1/2", and one Kilo container is roughly 7 1/2" x 5" x 5". I honestly dont see you fitting more than 4 kilo jars in one.... maybe only three.

You would also have the weight limit to worry about also... 8 kilo jars is going to surpass the max 20lb weight limit on the largest flat rate box.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see flat rate boxes as an option :) It would knock my APO shipping down a bit :D

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
FYI 8 1 kilo jars will never even come close to fitting into a flat rate box. The biggest flat rate box 12" x 12" x 5-1/2", and one Kilo container is roughly 7 1/2" x 5" x 5". I honestly dont see you fitting more than 4 kilo jars in one.... maybe only three.

You would also have the weight limit to worry about also... 8 kilo jars is going to surpass the max 20lb weight limit on the largest flat rate box.
20lbs limit with 12x12x5-1/2 and $40? sounds good to me.. :) very good, indeed..

krebz

Awards
Posting in old topic but here is my experience:

Shipment to my country (Brazil) at NP is too high, is that a problem of NP site or are the rates just....high?

For example:
1x Testopro = International Economy (1-2 weeks) $25.2
or USPS International Economy (1-2 weeks) $30.25

but other stores (no mention), i would pay $11 using Global DHL Post or USPS First Class Mail International.

Are there any plans to use cheaper ways to send internationally at NP? Because at NP there are some awesome Brands/sups that i can´t find at other places, but i only don´t buy there because of these shipment rates

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah Nutra is a great company and has great customer service but when you have to use USPS it just takes all that away. I used to get my stuff in 24 hours sometimes now it takes a week if I order express. The price is about the same too.