dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Labels arrive Monday, which means Nutra should have stock by Friday. In order to put it smack into the start of the New Year's Spectacular Sale, they have opened up presales!!!!

Thanks to Darren for popping out of his vacation to make this happen.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
DCP: Damage Control Protocol

ON PRE-SALE NOW, ETA- 01/11/2010

REGULAR PRICE: $49.95

BLOWOUT PRICE: ONLY $32.99, a 34% SAVINGS!!!

Ingredients Profile:

• TTA
  • Salvia Miltiorrhiza
  • Propionyl-L-Carnitine
  • Potassium Pyruvate
  • Raspberry Ketones
VERY Basically, TTA is a PPAR agonist, which frees fatty acids to be metabolized. TTA has side two side effects - one good, one not so good.

Not so good is that a study shows TTA increases the activity of DGAT, which transfers acyl groups to glycerols, allowing fat to be redesposited. Salvia Miltiorrhiza inhibits this enzyme.

Good is the fact that TTA also increases the activity of Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase, which carries fatty acids into the mitochondia to be burned. Propionyl-L-Carnitine (which has an affinity for the body's cells) readily exchanges itself for free carnitine. The Propionyl group is also cleaved and sent into the KREBS cycle (and is oxidized to succinate, I believe.) The increased activity also increases oxidation of pyruvate. Potassium Pyruvate is chosen to provide potassium, to help with cramping sometimes seen with TTA usage.

Raspberry Ketones are included because they are potent thermogenics...and we were able to include an effective dose without having to increase to 3 capsules.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Discounted too?

Nutraplanet...you're my hero!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More:

DCP is an effective combination of TetradecylThioacetic Acid (250mg), Salvia Miltiorrhiza Extract (standardized for 40% Mixed Tanshinones) (250mg), Propionyl-L-Carnitine (300mg), Potassium Pyruvate (300mg), and Raspberry Ketones (100mg). You may have seen some of these ingredients in other products, but lets look at why we chose them specifically to work in concert to help you become the lean, mean, muscle building machine you want to be.
The center ingredient in which our product is based off of is of TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA). TTA is a 3-thia fatty acid which increases mitochondrial activity, which in itself provides numerous benefits. Insulin resistance is strongly linked to the reduction of glucose oxidation in mitochondria and a subsequent build up of glycolysis byproducts. Adipocytes also contribute hormones when fat is stored in them, so, the more fat you are carrying, the more inhibition of mitochondrial function you have (1). Mitochondria proteins function mainly to produce ATP, enhancing their function will, in short, burn more fuel. TTA enhances mitochondrial oxidative capacity and reduces free fatty acid and triglyceride levels as described below.

The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) are transcription factors regulated by fatty acid derivatives, among others. These receptors are intimately involved in glucose regulation, cellular proliferation and differentiation, and most important to us, fat metabolism. There are at present three types of PPARs: alpha, gamma, and delta. The liver is the main site where fatty acids are stored or burned for energy, depending on calorie intake. When fasting, fuel sources switch from carbohydrates and fats to mainly fats, and fatty acids are released from adipocytes. In the liver, they are either reesterified to triglycerides and form very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), which then go on to restore in adipocytes or go to cardiac and skeletal muscle for energy. They can also be broken down through beta-oxidation to form ketones. PPAR-alpha mediates the genes controlling fatty acid uptake, beta-oxidation, and gamma-oxidation, which are upregulated when in a fasted state. TTA is a PPARalpha agonist, meaning it activates these receptors. Thus, you experience the same benefits even if you are in a fed state (9,15-18). PPAR-alpha also down-regulates apolipoprotein C-III which inhibits triglyceride hydrolysis, further enhancing lipid oxidation (2).

TTA also increases the activity of enzymes of the carnitine palmitoyltransferase (CPT) sytem (9), which shuttles the newly freed up fatty acids into mitochondria to be burned for fuel (10). This system is highly underestimated in a fat loss quest, and it's activity is depressed with increased fat. Propionyl-LCarnitine (PLCAR) was added to further stimulate the CPT system (11), and is converted into propionylcoenzyme A and free carnitine (12). PLCAR has also been suspected to scavenge free radicals, as well as protect DNA from UV damage (12).

Pyruvate is involved in another complex system called the Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex (PDC), which interacts with the CPT system (13). Pyruvate is a Krebs Cycle intermediate, which is rate controlled by the amount of acetyl-CoA that enters the cycle, one of the conversions from pyruvate (13). For simplicity's sake, the result is an ATP/energy enhancement from the mitochondria and an increase in fuel consumption. The electrolyte potassium form was added to attenuate cramping issues observed from previous TTA products.

Raspberry Ketones (RK) add the finishing touch to DCP. RK is similar in structure to capsaicin and synephrine, and also has been shown to modulate fat metabolism. RK stimulates the release of norepinephrine (NE), a catecholamine with many functions. Most importantly to us is its role in the sympathetic nervous system. NE, having a great affinity on beta and alpha-1 adrenoreceptors in the body, activates lipolysis that normally only occurs during exercise or other intensive activity. This results in an increase of free fatty acids which will be burned via methods described above (14).

As you can see, DCP attacks fat from many angles. It can be especially effective when bulking to prevent fat storage and also has appetite suppressive properties in some users, or used in a cut to potentiate the body's fasting enzymatic response. Take control of your body with Damage Control Protocol!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not released this information publicly, and I am currently awaiting samples of a purified extract, but for significant amplification of DCP's effect, still without stimming you out, pick up a good quality Bitter Melon extract. 500-600mg combined with 2-3 caps of DCP will blow your mind.

It's January, friends...playtime is over (well, after tonight...live it up tonight)...let's get LEAN LEAN LEAN for SPRING.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Sooo worth the wait!!

It won't let me put it in my cart! WTF

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so awesome to see this back

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ahh...maybe it won't be open until midnight.

Now...avoid bright light, keep your DCP away from water, and whatever you do...do not feed it after midnight.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up!

The problem is fixed!

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
dsade, do you have any more info on the bitter melon extract and its combined effects with DCP?

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
That's great!! Can't wait to try it - I want to stack it with TT-33 by iForce Nutrition so we'll see how it goes....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, do you have any more info on the bitter melon extract and its combined effects with DCP?
Yes, sir...there is a whole host of mechanisms performing interplay that should prove to be QUITE potent. Here is the latest study...brand new.

J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009 Dec 22. [Epub ahead of print]

Activating Effect of Momordin, Extract of Bitter Melon (Momordica Charantia L.), on the Promoter of Human PPARdelta.
Sasa M, Inoue I, Shinoda Y, Takahashi S, Seo M, Komoda T, Awada T, Katayama S.

Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Saitama Medical University.

Aim: Bitter melon (Momordica charantia L.) is a common vegetable grown in Okinawa that has also been used recently in medicine for the treatment of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and dys-lipidemia. Among Bitter melon extracts compounds, we focused on an extract known as momordin in the present study, to examine its effect on peroxisome-proliferator activated-receptor (PPAR) delta (also called PPARdelta in rodents) expression and promoter activity of the human PPARdelta gene.Methods: A human PPARdelta promoter-reporter plasmid was made as a template from a BAC CLONE (RPCI-11C) containing a -3076 bp (BglI site) +74 bp (EcoRI site) sequence. Luciferase assay of PPARdelta promoter activity was performed using HepG2 cells.Results: 10 and 25 nM Momordin significantly increased the expression of PPARdelta mRNA 1.5-fold (relative to the control). Moreover, 10 and 25 nM Momordin significantly increased PPARdelta promoter activity in a dose-dependent manner, reaching more than 1.5-fold relative to the control.Conclusion: Our present data obtained through successful cloning of the PPARdelta promoter demon-strate that PPARdelta production and activation are upregulated through PPARdelta promoter activity fol-lowing momordin treatment.

PMID: 20032574 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So...you have a potent PPAR-delta agonist (TTA), as well as a compound that impressively increases expression. WIN.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Interesting stuff dsade...I'm gonna have to look into this a little more...

Massdog05

Awards
so dcp is pre-selling on nutra right now, but the rest of the nutra sale doesn't start until midnight? is that correct? if i just want to products from nutra, dcp and another, do i wait until midnight to purchase both, or do i buy dcp now and the other later?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so dcp is pre-selling on nutra right now, but the rest of the nutra sale doesn't start until midnight? is that correct? if i just want to products from nutra, dcp and another, do i wait until midnight to purchase both, or do i buy dcp now and the other later?
Looking at the pace it's selling, you might want to pop a few in your cart. Then, in order to get the free shipping add the rest after midnight and check out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
YES!!! I couldn't think of a better name for this product than DCP. Thanks Nutra for bringing it back for the sale.

Question - since it's ETA is 1/11/2010, will this mean that my whole order will be shipped then or just the DCP and the rest of my order will be shipped procedurally? I'm hoping that my whole order can be shipped whenever DCP arrives; always like getting one, big box.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so if i was buying raw dried bitter melon powder, what would be a good dose to use with Dcp?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so if i was buying raw dried bitter melon powder, what would be a good dose to use with Dcp?
Raw powder, probably 2 grams or so.

doughboy

Awards
So if I placed an order and it said oversold, does that mean they don't have enough to cover all the presale orders?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and that would be best taken with the dcp dose 3x a day for 6g/day? i found it cheap by the pound
tough to say without seeing the specs.

I have a 10:1 extract, 600mg, that I am just doing 3 times a day. Already starting to lean out with 8 DCP a day.

UPDATE: Nutraplanet is around 65% sold out. Restock will not be for AT LEAST 7-8 weeks, depending on supplier. All other stocked retailers are showing similar sellout rate.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got 4. May get more.

Is this THE last run, Dsade? If so - I will think further down the horizon.

Also - any prelim ETA on your bitter melon extract? I'm probably not going to run the DCP for a while.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got 4. May get more.

Is this THE last run, Dsade? If so - I will think further down the horizon.

Also - any prelim ETA on your bitter melon extract? I'm probably not going to run the DCP for a while.
This is the last run through RPN.

I'm still awaiting final price and samples of the Momordin, so it will be a while. I'm not fond of single ingredient releases, so likely it will be with a few other product.

I designed a pretty impressive product around 5 months ago, but some of the overlapping ingredients are not available. I might put the Momordin in it.

ejg700

ejg700

Awards
[

QUOTE=Insaniac;2261208]Momordin???? Explain please[/QUOTE]

A component of Momordica charantia, aka bitter melon extract. BME It's a potent activator of AMPK, which makes it a useful blood sugar controller/glucose disposal agent. AMPK also regulates a whole host of other metabolic processes including fatty acid oxidation. In addition, the Momordin has been found to increase the expression of PPAR-delta, which further increases fatty acid oxidation. I'm no expert, but that's pretty much what I gathered from the abstract, and other bitter melon info I've gathered.

I'll be running DCP@ nine caps per day, along with 2 grams of bitter melon powder for 3 weeks to cap off my quick 5 week cut before I start bulking again. I'll also be running 5 Alpha-burns per day. I'm hoping to inflict considerable damage on my lower back fat:)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
All i found from a simple google search was that momordin was a protein synthesis inhibitor.

Wouldn't this be a bad thing? ( not a chemist or anything like that! I'm just curious)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All i found from a simple google search was that momordin was a protein synthesis inhibitor.

Wouldn't this be a bad thing? ( not a chemist or anything like that! I'm just curious)
Check your cell type.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Mormodin was a small town west of Sauron's tower?

Insaniac

Awards
For how long can i store DCP before it expires....?????

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sorry but can please explain?
What I mean is the only thing that comes up in my searches is CD5 and other types of malignant cell lines...not healthy cells.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What I mean is the only thing that comes up in my searches is CD5 and other types of malignant cell lines...not healthy cells.
Cool, just needed someone smarter than myself to explain that for me. Don't wanna waste money or muscle. Thanks Dsade.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Got my Melon extract in today. Can't wait to give this a try with this afternoon's dose.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got my Melon extract in today. Can't wait to give this a try with this afternoon's dose.
If you're doing keto, beware. While not on the level of something like SlinSane, it's still has blood sugar lowering properties.

10 grams of carbs seems to be fine, though.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you're doing keto, beware. While not on the level of something like SlinSane, it's still has blood sugar lowering properties.

10 grams of carbs seems to be fine, though.
No Keto here. Very low carb, but no keto. I'm going to take my afternoon dose right now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still have some DCP left?
Let me ask....as of last night they were around 80% sold out.

Update from production shows restock at 10 weeks...yikes.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I this still on target to ship this week? I'm about ready to finish a bottle I'm using and will need it soon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I this still on target to ship this week? I'm about ready to finish a bottle I'm using and will need it soon.
It's on target to begin shipping Monday.

HOWEVER, I was informed today that the capsules did NOT make it. They scrapped them and did tablets like I told them 2 months ago.

Good news is that the tablet process went VERY well, and this production company is happy with the product - so we have a new reliable supply!

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's on target to begin shipping Monday.

HOWEVER, I was informed today that the capsules did NOT make it. They scrapped them and did tablets like I told them 2 months ago.

Good news is that the tablet process went VERY well, and this production company is happy with the product - so we have a new reliable supply!
Great news!! :drunk:

doughboy

Awards
Can anyone from NP confirm if this is shipping today?

Thanks