Peto-Pro?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be very interested to see NP offer Pepto-Pro by the pound or kilo. Or, short of that, a similarly weighted casein hydrolysate in bulk.

This stuff, plus leucine, makes quite a potent combo.

Would anybody else like to see this at NP?

Edit: Dammit, I hate it when there are typos in the titles... :rolleyes:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd be very interested to see NP offer Pepto-Pro by the pound or kilo. Or, short of that, a similarly weighted casein hydrolysate in bulk.

This stuff, plus leucine, makes quite a potent combo.

Would anybody else like to see this at NP?

Edit: Dammit, I hate it when there are typos in the titles... :rolleyes:
isn't this what is in pp's new pre-max?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
isn't this what is in pp's new pre-max?
Yes, but at $5 for 12g/serving and 18g CHO along with it, just a bulk powder would be way more economical.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/26435-official-product-request.html

Work with me resolve :) Although I do concede that a thread will get more attention than just a post in the thread.
No prob, I'll post in there - like you said, I thought a thread of its own would warrant more responses. And this is a product worthy of the attention. :veryhappy:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i googled this and it looks great. i agree $5 a serving is too rich for my blood. we need this in bulk!

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Pepto-Pro is one of the VERY few supplements I've taken that has near drug-like effects: really it's that potent at enhancing recovery, etc.

Crowbar

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great idea, Resolve!
I agree with openeing a new thread.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets see what kind of response this gets :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pepto Pro is some good stuff....if it came to the Planet I wouldn't have to get it anywhere else..... :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been interested in Pepto-Pro for a while. Let's see what Nutra can do!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in as well.

Pepto-Pro and my BC+EAA would make an unbeatable intra-workout drink.

Edit: NVM. I'm out. I realized I have something better.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sweep the leg, Johnny! :D

Give us Pepto-Pro or we will kill the monkey.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweep the leg, Johnny! :D

Give us Pepto-Pro or we will kill the monkey.
Man, thanks to you Fin I am going to be quoting Karate Kid for the rest of the day. :bigok:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell yeah I wanna see some Pepto at NP!

one8seven

one8seven

Awards
Pepto is amazing, I add some to my jack3d pre an I also take it post... I literally jones for this ish.

JGank

Awards
those who have used it how does is taste? I know it is debitterized.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I am SOOOOOO in to buy some of this!! I personally prefer unflavored protein cause I'm just not into tumor causing sweeteners.
You can always flavor it with a banana and some honey, much more better overall.
MK9

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I'd buy some for sure!! Been wanting to give it a whirl, but having a hard time justifying an arm and a leg for the shipping costs at the places that sell it. They need to add "Handling" to the shipping part of it, no way it costs that much to ship it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd buy some for sure!! Been wanting to give it a whirl, but having a hard time justifying an arm and a leg for the shipping costs at the places that sell it. They need to add "Handling" to the shipping part of it, no way it costs that much to ship it.
Shipping and Pocketing is more like it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shipping and Pocketing is more like it.
Exactly. This is why I thought it was a perfect fit for NP. We wouldn't have to pay ~$20 on shipping for it then.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Talking about it is just getting me fired up,lol. it wouldn't be bad if it was like $20 for a butt load of it, but no, it's like $20 for roughly a pound of it, plus the product price itself. I know crack selling for cheaper than that.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Its more like $29 and change just for 1 pound :( I buy 2 pounds of whey protein rBGH and BSE free, and is unflavored for $22-$24.00 Canadian. The price fluctuation is dependent if it is on sale or not.
I can use half a scoop approx 13gm's of protein, and add 20 grams of BCAA's and creating to it post workout in some brown rice milk.. Voila!
However the pepto-pro has my interest, I can figure out something to stretch that bad boy out for a good while, cause I cant be spending 30.00 on 1 pound but if I use it 1X a day, and the generic whey I have twice a day at most, it could be Ok I think..
MK9

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its more like $29 and change just for 1 pound :( I buy 2 pounds of whey protein rBGH and BSE free, and is unflavored for $22-$24.00 Canadian. The price fluctuation is dependent if it is on sale or not.
I can use half a scoop approx 13gm's of protein, and add 20 grams of BCAA's and creating to it post workout in some brown rice milk.. Voila!
However the pepto-pro has my interest, I can figure out something to stretch that bad boy out for a good while, cause I cant be spending 30.00 on 1 pound but if I use it 1X a day, and the generic whey I have twice a day at most, it could be Ok I think..
MK9
Sub was actually talking about shipping price. But you are right - Pepto-Pro is ~$29.50 (IIRC) at TP. I've found it elsewhere for $26.50/lb, but either way, that's pricey, and downright extravagant when you throw shipping in.

I'm only using it for pre- and/or intra- workout purposes, 10-20g at a time. I think of it as an upgraded BCAA product; except that I can receive benefit from a lower dose. Used in this way, I can make a pound last a while.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I am SOOOOOO in to buy some of this!! I personally prefer unflavored protein cause I'm just not into tumor causing sweeteners.
You can always flavor it with a banana and some honey, much more better overall.
MK9
Agreed. If Nutra offered high quality nonflavored proteins, I'd be done with flavored protein.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For this many people to be interested (on the weekend no less), I hope the ears/eyes of Nutra will see and hear our request.
:D

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Can't speak on Pepto-Pro, but I did notice a distinct difference once I switched up from your basic whey, to an isolate. Still wanna try it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
We've had this and unflavored protein on the table for a while...I'll bring it up again.

Cerberus

Awards
This article was done on the stuf with the enzyme attached, Pepto-pro, which is tasteless, has the enzyme removed, and needs more research,
Jesus christ ...

1) The AA profiles are NEARLY identical b/w HC and PP
2) The enzymatic hydrolysis of sodium caseinate is used to REDUCE the bitterness. NOTHING ELSE.
3) Read up on digestion kinetics and absorption outcomes. You will be surprised, and potentially smarter.

That study SHOWS how inferior HC OR PP are . PP and HC are the same brother. Don't let the marketing gurus fool you.

Spending double (maybe triple) on protein powder is a great way to waste your money.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
fap fap fap

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Jesus christ ...

1) The AA profiles are NEARLY identical b/w HC and PP
2) The enzymatic hydrolysis of sodium caseinate is used to REDUCE the bitterness. NOTHING ELSE.
3) Read up on digestion kinetics and absorption outcomes. You will be surprised, and potentially smarter.

That study SHOWS how inferior HC OR PP are . PP and HC are the same brother. Don't let the marketing gurus fool you.

Spending double (maybe triple) on protein powder is a great way to waste your money.
I DO believe that it would be inferior if I drank it at most times of the day. I just whant to TRY it intra workout. Different arginines work differently depending on how long your workout last, and this MAY be the same way. I just whant the freedom to run my experiment.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i would buy for sure. find an unflavored, low price source and it would be golden. then if u get a WPI unflavored for the low... even better :)

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I'd prefer flavored. But at the same time u guys have the citrus flavoring kit.... Do we have pepto at np yet?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd prefer flavored. But at the same time u guys have the citrus flavoring kit.... Do we have pepto at np yet?
Nothing yet! However, I am sure this is being discussed as an option if all things work appropriately.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Come on NP, let's do this! I am on the verge of being out.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
lol clearly it would be a hot product!