Massive NutraPlanet Protein Sale & More!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

On a brighter note; I received my package via FedEx ground to PHX. AZ. in record time.

Date Ordered: 07/28/2009 at 08:04PM
    Date Shipped: 07/29/2009 at 10:59AM
    Date Receivd: 08/01/2009

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow.
    This will be addressed, rest assured of that.
    I cannot fathom why or who may have done this. Itís a bit bind-boggling.

On a related note: I have well over 25lbís of the recalled Whey; Iíve used 10lbs without a hint of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    That is serious business.

I am notifying Sam immediately of this and I am quite certain he will get on the phone with ATW and see exactly what is going on.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.4%

SAME HERE, I got a sticker that showed 9203, but under it was 9185. Officially disgusted, WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS WHEY COMPANY AGAIN, lack of integrity, I have no problem shopping at nutra, but I will stick with Isopure by Natures Best.
    doing my own thang!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I just received my shipment today. I concur with SnipeGod's statement.
    Wow. Well i see why they were so insistent on us returning the product rather than sending in a proof of purchase to make life easier for us customers.
    Advanced Muscle Science
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.15%

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    SAME HERE, I got a sticker that showed 9203, but under it was 9185. Officially disgusted, WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS WHEY COMPANY AGAIN, lack of integrity, I have no problem shopping at nutra, but I will stick with Isopure by Natures Best.
    The same exact thing happened to me. My 5 pound bag of chocolate peanut butter cup had a sticker showing 9203, and under it was 9185.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Calm down, man. Nutra has NOTHING to do with this.
    Please open a thread in the ATW Sub-Forum and raise this concern with Marcus and others. We will be looking in to it regardless; however, please try to remain level-headed until ALL facts are gathered.

I repeat, NUTRA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. We are just as shocked as you may be.
    EDIT: This post was attended to address ALL who may confuse ATW's mistake with the integrity of Nutras.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Heres probably what happened. When they do a run of whey they know exactly how many pounds they are going to make per batch, so they order enough bags to fill that order. With the recall they had to stop the batch but still had extra bags and used those bags for the next run.

Having said that, I have 15 pounds on the way to me and kind of wish there was a way to cancel it and have it sent back to NP. I really don't want to deal with the hassle of paying to ship it to ATW if the above isn't the case.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

I agree that all the facts need to be determined before jumping to conclusions, which is why I've tried to give only the facts I know when posting.

I don't know the supply dynamics of NP's business, so I don't know when or by who these bags could have been restickered, whether it's just a case of surplus, clean bags/labels being reused (which I'd find a strange business decision ... but one that should have been communicated), etc ...

I disagree, though, that NP has nothing to do with this. I bought it from NP, not ATW. The ATW 5lb refill bags are clear plastic in my experience, and NP's ATW are black-bagged. So, if NP didn't resticker the bags, somebody from NP must have at least seen the stickers given that others have reported the same thing.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Calm down, man. Nutra has NOTHING to do with this.
    Please open a thread in the ATW Sub-Forum and raise this concern with Marcus and others. We will be looking in to it regardless; however, please try to remain level-headed until ALL facts are gathered.

I repeat, NUTRA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. We are just as shocked as you may be.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKIING ABOUT BRO, I never said nutraplanet was at fault, I CLEARLY said it was ATW that was at fault. Nutraplanet was not at blame at all, I clearly see this ATW's misconduct, to be honest its scary to see that they would do something like this, like I said ATW lost a customer for life, NOT NUTRAPLANET.
    doing my own thang!
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Please refrain from judgment and and speculation. Monday is only a few hours away. Custom mentioned earlier he would contact Stryder immediately. Give them a chance to sort this out!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.
  11. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Please be aware that I will be notifying ATW first thing Monday morning regarding this label issue. I would also like to clarify in no uncertain terms the following:
    1. We DO NOT fill these bags, nor do we label them. These come directly from ATW as a finished product.

2. The recall was voluntary, but for the safety of our customers, we sent back ALL of our ATW blend. These bags were from a new shipment that ATW assured was from a completely new batch.

3. NutraPlanet will be on top of this regarding an official word from ATW, and will ensure all of our customers will be taken care of. Your health and satisfaction is our top concern, and we will not compromise either.

Thank you
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Please be aware that I will be notifying ATW first thing Monday morning regarding this label issue. I would also like to clarify in no uncertain terms the following:
    1. We DO NOT fill these bags, nor do we label them. These come directly from ATW as a finished product.

2. The recall was voluntary, but for the safety of our customers, we sent back ALL of our ATW blend. These bags were from a new shipment that ATW assured was from a completely new batch.

3. NutraPlanet will be on top of this regarding an official word from ATW, and will ensure all of our customers will be taken care of. Your health and satisfaction is our top concern, and we will not compromise either.

Thank you
    Great post!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.
  13. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

This scenario just came to me, but please consider it is still just my speculation;

bags were pre-printed with lot#'s before filling with, in this case, suspected contaminated product. Suspected contaminated product was removed from production, leaving them with perfectly good usable bags, with the exception of the pre-printed lot#'s. Bags were manually re-labeled (white out and sticker) with new lot#s and filled with new product.

Just a possible a scenario

Of course it would be prudent to await and get confirmation from ATW.
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

For the love of God... you clearly misinterpreted my post. But thanks for the CAPS-LOCKED lettering and the typical assumption that someone is attacking you.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKIING ABOUT BRO, I never said nutraplanet was at fault, I CLEARLY said it was ATW that was at fault. Nutraplanet was not at blame at all, I clearly see this ATW's misconduct, to be honest its scary to see that they would do something like this, like I said ATW lost a customer for life, NOT NUTRAPLANET.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This scenario just came to me, but please consider it is still just my speculation;

bags were pre-printed with lot#'s before filling with, in this case, suspected contaminated product. Suspected contaminated product was removed from production, leaving them with perfectly good usable bags, with the exception of the pre-printed lot#'s. Bags were manually re-labeled (white out and sticker) with new lot#s and filled with new product.

Just a possible a scenario

Of course it would be prudent to await and get confirmation from ATW.
    This is possible, but in all honesty even if it is the case it was a pretty piss poor decision on ATW's part. Even if it is entirely accurate, it will leave a shadow of doubt in users minds that they are in fact getting the contaminated batch and it was just "repackaged" with the new sticker to appear new.

I know that I purchased a couple more myself...even having just tossed 10lbs of the old batch because returning it was a big hassle. I'll be pretty irritated if the product shows up with a sticker over the old lot #. Whether its new stuff or not its just a pretty lousy thing to do. Buy new bags for christ sake.
    Advanced Muscle Science
  16. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

When you consider the cost of A VOLUNTARY RECALL from both a manufacturer stand point and reputation stand point, I can see and appreciate their need to salvage anything and everything they can to offset this situation.

Packaging is a cost that they would have had to eat for no other reason than a VOLUNTARY RECALL to protect you the consumer. I completely understand why they would do this. Not to mention the further delay waiting for new packaging would produce in the ability to package and deliver product to the already anxious and impatient consumer.

This goes on in many other areas of manufacturing...even in the more important things like planes, trains and automobiles that which we all are consumers.

As a consumer you either trust or you don't. I trust that this has a reasonable explanation, likely very similar to what I illustrated and I assure you that you will hear from NutraPlanet or ATW in the very immediate future for an explanation.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

Anyone know anything, yet?
  18. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.26%

I just got off the phone with the production manager from All The Whey and they confirmed that the protein we are selling is from a completely new batch. A representative from their company will post an official statement explaining the label concern shortly.

In a nutshell, the bags were pre-printed and their supplier for the laser cut black bags were out of stock with a 2 week delay. In an effort to expedite our large purchase order, they applied the provisional lot number stickers in the interim.
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    I just got off the phone with the production manager from All The Whey and they confirmed that the protein we are selling is from a completely new batch. A representative from their company will post an official statement explaining the label concern shortly.

In a nutshell, the bags were pre-printed and their supplier for the laser cut black bags were out of stock with a 2 week delay. In an effort to expedite our large purchase order, they applied the provisional lot number stickers in the interim.
    Packaging is a cost that they would have had to eat for no other reason than a VOLUNTARY RECALL to protect you the consumer. I completely understand why they would do this. Not to mention the further delay waiting for new packaging would produce in the ability to package and deliver product to the already anxious and impatient consumer.
    Bingo!

I've already been using mine.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.03%

I've been using mine as well.

First time trying Choc PB Cup, and it's delicious! What a great NutraPlanet exclusive flavor. I would love to hear taste reviews from anyone who tried the Caramel Candy Bar or the Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich flavors in the ATW forum, since these flavors are pretty new.
  21. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.26%

Official response from ATW: Restickered ATW 5lb bags from NP?
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

I love how quickly they responded only after it was discovered by the consumers. They did not think to let the people know before hand and only when caught do they come with this excuse. I wouldn't take one scoop of their protein if you paid me but thats just me!
  23. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by rb82 View Post
    I love how quickly they responded only after it was discovered by the consumers. They did not think to let the people know before hand and only when caught do they come with this excuse. I wouldn't take one scoop of their protein if you paid me but thats just me!
    What EXACTLY was discovered? You implying something other than what was stated does nothing but stir unnecessary and unfounded controversy.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Its almost as bad as when the consumer discovered the recall issued by the original factory...

oh wait...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

ATW is a solid company, in my book.

I had 5 lbs. of their whey that was recalled, and it was a simple matter of getting in contact with ATW and sending the product back at their shipping expense (both ways) for an untainted lot.

When I realized the issue about the previous lot #s being restickered, I didn't jump to assume they were attempting to unload recalled stock. I even mentioned the fact that it could be a matter of reusing premade bags. But as I said originally, ATW's lack of communicating their instance of restickering the bags is the big fumble here. NP should have been aware of this.

Anyways, I'm satisfied that this information is out there for the consumers, now. Thanks again.
  26. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.26%

SnipeGod, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. At NutraPlanet we always put our customers first, and when this label issue was brought to our attention, we were willing to do what it took to ensure our customers' health and satisfaction were not jeopardized in any way.

Thank you for your assistance and continued support and welcome to the NP/AM family...hope to see you around here more often

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPlanet Massive Labor Day SALE
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
  2. NutraPlanet Massive Labor Day SALE
    By stryder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. LAST DAY OF NP's MASSIVE NEW YEARS SALE: Fri. Jan 9th!
    By Steveoph in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:20 AM