Why is everything out of stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnywarchild

Awards
Why is everything out of stock? DCP, Formex, Napalm, epistane..... why oh lord why.....

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
I place a $300.00 dollar order this morning. Would have been much more,but a third of what I wanted was'nt in stock.....

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I place a $300.00 dollar order this morning. Would have been much more,but a third of what I wanted was'nt in stock. ...
me too, it sucks having to give other sites my money. ....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Telling Sam you are buying form somewhere else in his own forum is sort of like rubbing salt in a wound. Its not as if he's sitting on his thumbs.

Go yell at the manufacturer... :lol:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Cosmo. It is pretty mean spirited. Nutraplanet is great. The best customer service you will ever experience is from Nutraplanet.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Basically, is sam is so ****ing baller and NP no other store can even come close to NP's service that we are running him ragged. He cant keep up with us because he is our crack dealer and we are his crack heads

so basically its our fault :p

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
from a business stand point, letting someone know their missing out on business is doing them a favor not an insult. if i did not like NP i would say nothing and simply take parts of my order elsewhere. my comment was not meant to hurt but to help, let the people who are involved be aware of current situations. when one of my customers has the decency to let me know the same, i thank him for it and make corrections as i see fit and as i can. now i do not want a thank you form anyone, but letting the NP powers that be know they might be missing out on business is not an insult.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
from a business stand point, letting someone know their missing out on business is doing them a favor not an insult. if i did not like NP i would say nothing and simply take parts of my order elsewhere. my comment was not meant to hurt but to help, let the people who are involved be aware of current situations. when one of my customers has the decency to let me know the same, i thank him for it and make corrections as i see fit and as i can. now i do not want a thank you form anyone, but letting the NP powers that be know they might be missing out on business is not an insult.
Exactly. I run my own business also. Honest feedback is important. I love NP,which is why I combine my orders with friends to give them 400-500 dollars a month in sales.

workout8485

Awards
exactly - well said!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I assure you Sam is very well aware.

Go to the source and tell them!!!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/avant-research-labs/127383-supplier-issues.html

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established

Right on. :drunk:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a challenge to all who have had issue with OOS product;

Generate a thread in that respective Supplement Company's Forum about your dissatisfaction with THEIR inability to produce and supply sufficient inventory at NutraPlanet to meet your customer demands.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree from a business standpoint, a good business owner (sam is one of these) will be pissed off hes missing business but at the same time its testament to a companies worth when a product is readily available else where but the end user still begrudges the transaction because its not with NP.

Now flip it from the suppliers point of view, obviously some of them will have production capacity issues, staffing, raw materials, quality issues and so on. But at the same time its basic economics that if you limit the supply of a popular commodity the demand only further increases, rather than having it readily available, a scarcity mentality is employed and as creatures of habit most of us want what we cannot have, also allowing the supplier to increase the premium.

In every business ive worked for, we have limited supply at one point or another in the products life cycle and it has always worked bigtime.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I agree from a business standpoint, a good business owner (sam is one of these) will be pissed off hes missing business but at the same time its testament to a companies worth when a product is readily available else where but the end user still begrudges the transaction because its not with NP.

Now flip it from the suppliers point of view, obviously some of them will have production capacity issues, staffing, raw materials, quality issues and so on. But at the same time its basic economics that if you limit the supply of a popular commodity the demand only further increases, rather than having it readily available, a scarcity mentality is employed and as creatures of habit most of us want what we cannot have, also allowing the supplier to increase the premium.

In every business ive worked for, we have limited supply at one point or another in the products life cycle and it has always worked bigtime.
i hate it when certain compaines do this......but i think you have a valid point and might be correct on this one.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Here's a challenge to all who have had issue with OOS product;

Generate a thread in that respective Supplement Company's Forum about your dissatisfaction with THEIR inability to produce and supply sufficient inventory at NutraPlanet to meet your customer demands.
With all due respect,if I told my customers(I'm a business owner) to call my suppliers because I could'nt get stock to supply them,they would tell me thats MY job. Sorry,but that does'nt make sense to me. Once again,as I've stated previously,I love NP,and want to continue doing business with them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I beg to differ. This message board has individual supplement company forums for just that reason - customer feedback. The retailer in this case cannot force them to provide product. You, on the other hand, can voice your opinion directly to "your prefered supplement company" right here on the board. You are their customer, and the middle man for them is the retailer.

When I go to a brick and mortar store and find they either don't stock or have very limited stock of a particular manufacturers product I first contact the manager. He states to me it is a supplier isssue. I as a customer of the product manufacturer pick up the phone and call the product manufacturer.

We are far too often self empowered to complain but always find a reason to not empower ourselves to communicate. Communicate to your supplement company that you are not happy that they don't stock your retailer.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This industry is unique in that sense; we have almost direct access to part of the supply chain, we can apply pressure to a certain extent by voicing our opinions however thats assuming the reason for the lack of product is not the seller themselves.

I agree though, that our job as end user stops at the point of purchase, we put pressure on them, who inturn should apply further pressure down the chain.

I find in industry the amount of pressure is directly proportionate to just how much that business wants or needs that customer group.

Simply saying "its lack of production" is not good enough, especially in relation to the CS people have come to expect from NP.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree though, that our job as end user stops at the point of purchase, we put pressure on them, who inturn should apply further pressure down the chain.
My job as a user is to pursue all avenues to my satisfaction. I want to talk to the boss, the man that can satisfy my need. If the retailer can not satisfy me because of conditions beyond his control, then I take it to the next level.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
from a business stand point, letting someone know their missing out on business is doing them a favor not an insult.
Not, its not. Its an insult to their intelligence given the fact that even the manufacturers have stated themselves their is a supply problem with certain items. Its not Walmart. You have contact with almost every link in the chain because of the way this message board operates and Sam is the last one. If they tell you its on the manufacturer end and their money is no good at the moment, then put pressure on the next link.

If you honestly sit there and think Sam didn't know this problem would occur before you knew it, then you have never run an online etailer business before.

If they were that incompetent and clueless, NP wouldn't have lasted 6 months.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simply saying "its lack of production" is not good enough, especially in relation to the CS people have come to expect from NP.
Go live a week in his shoes then come tell me that. I assure you that your opinion will do a complete 180 especially in this industry.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go live a week in his shoes then come tell me that. I assure you that your opinion will do a complete 180 especially in this industry.
Maybe so CK but ive worked in production (many forms) for years at a senior level, no matter how hard something has been to source, no matter how stupid the reason we have been given for the delay ive always been transparent with my customers.

One of my associates was not, he lost us tender business amounting to 8 million pounds, i dont work for that company anymore, because it doesnt exist.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My job as a user is to pursue all avenues to my satisfaction. I want to talk to the boss, the man that can satisfy my need. If the retailer can not satisfy me because of conditions beyond his control, then I take it to the next level.
Interesting, so in that context if you bought a t shirt which in your opinion was poor quality, but couldnt get a satisfactory answer from Nike, youd source out the factory in China where it was made?

Listen i know where your coming from, i just think in 2009 and given the company NP has become we are owed perhaps a little more than blanket excuses, or at least some information on the efforts to source.

Ive used NP for whats got to be 5 years now with only some minor problems.

Im posting because the customers in this industry are some of the most fickle ive ever come across, it would be a damn shame for them to take a big knock because of a simple communication problem.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe so CK but ive worked in production (many forms) for years at a senior level, no matter how hard something has been to source, no matter how stupid the reason we have been given for the delay ive always been transparent with my customers.

One of my associates was not, he lost us tender business amounting to 8 million pounds, i dont work for that company anymore, because it doesnt exist.
And they have told you. The manufacturer can't fill the order. The manufacturer has said there are supply issues. What more do you want?

If you go to a manufacture with money in hand and they tell you I can't get it right now, please inform me what you would do.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting, so in that context if you bought a t shirt which in your opinion was poor quality, but couldnt get a satisfactory answer from Nike, youd source out the factory in China where it was made?

Listen i know where your coming from, i just think in 2009 and given the company NP has become we are owed perhaps a little more than blanket excuses, or at least some information on the efforts to source.

Im posting because the customers in this industry are some of the most fickle ive ever come across, it would be a damn shame for them to take a big knock because of a simple communication problem.

Did you not read?

Sam's side:

"The supply side of things has become more unstable from several manufacturers; we are ordering as best we can, but demand is outstripping supply."

Manufactueres side:

"We've had some supplier issues since the Fall last year. Progress is being made, but, with the economy, there is little that can be said with absolute certainty."

Any questions?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Different scenario. I have the product. The quality is poor. I chose a different product manufacturer.

Scenario - I want a Chrysler such and such. I like the Chrysler such and such. The Chrysler such and such is OOS at my local dealer. My local dealer is not at fault.

I'll call Chrysler. Guess what... :)

It still is not the fault of the dealer who is powerless to manufacture Chryslers.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did you not read?

Sam's side:

"The supply side of things has become more unstable from several manufacturers; we are ordering as best we can, but demand is outstripping supply."

Manufactueres side:

"We've had some supplier issues since the Fall last year. Progress is being made, but, with the economy, there is little that can be said with absolute certainty."

Any questions?
LOL oh yes, total transparency, my bad.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And they have told you. The manufacturer can't fill the order. The manufacturer has said there are supply issues. What more do you want?

If you go to a manufacture with money in hand and they tell you I can't get it right now, please inform me what you would do.
Is that a serious question?

Im hoping not.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Different scenario. I have the product. The quality is poor. I chose a different product manufacturer.

Scenario - I want a Chrysler such and such. I like the Chrysler such and such. The Chrysler such and such is OOS at my local dealer. My local dealer is not at fault.

I'll call Chrysler. Guess what... :)

It still is not the fault of the dealer who is powerless to manufacture Chryslers.
Horses for courses.

The bare bones remains the same, im backing out now though as the big bad 'Reds' are appearing and we all know what happens soon after.

Which one of you is Bobo btw, im hoping its not Cosmo, because if it is, you turned into a right.......:eek:mfg:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Horses for courses.

The bare bones remains the same, im backing out now though as the big bad 'Reds' are appearing and we all know what happens soon after.

Which one of you is Bobo btw, im hoping its not Cosmo, because if it is, you turned into a right.......:eek:mfg:
Yes, we ban those who disagree with our manufacturer argument because we've all turned into ....... Seriously, if you want to insult me over this at least come up with something that I can laugh at.

Watch out for the reds and their economic arguments.

Wow. I have to tell Sam I was insulted because he couldn't keep certain items in stock. Actually, that will get a laugh.

Hey B5150, you can't keep Epistane in. You turned into a right ahole....

Closed: And going into the General Chat section to call me this and that lends me to believe that you have some anger issues. To create a thread to call me a c unt over this issue suggests you need a hug and someone to talk to. :lol: Take some time off, kthxbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.