please critique my supplement support

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
Okay, I'm getting back to the weights for the fist time since April. And at that point, it was a very limited workout. The old weight bench with plastic sand filled weights. I just got another gym membership, so now I'll be able to punish myself on a daily basis. I've done a ph cycle before but didn't like the killer head aches post cycle, so I thought this time I'd keep it simple with some protein, creatine, and some aminos. My stack is 95% nutraplanet with the remainders being from wallyworld. Okay, here goes. Again feel free to critique and say what you feel. I've got thick skin, so don't be shy.

Wakeup: 25g. whey protein
2100mg or 3/4tsp nutraplanet citrulline malate
3-5g arginine
1000mg vitamin C
1500mg or 1/2tsp nutraplanet L Carnitine

Preworkout: (1hr. prior to gym)
1800mg or 1/2tsp nutraplanet Beta-Alanine
4800mg or 2tsp nutraplanet CEE
3500mg or 1.25tsp nutra Arginine ethyl ester
1000mg. vitamin C
4.5g or 1tsp body fortress glutamine
2 25mg. DHEA capsules.

Preworkout (20min. before gym)
25g. whey protein

Postworkout: 25g. whey protein
one scoop (70cc) nutraplanet waxy maize.
3000mg or 1.25tsp nutra creatine gluconate
2100mg. or 3/4tsp. nutra Citrulline malate.
3500mg. or 1.25tsp nutra Arginine ethyl ester.
1800mg. or 1/2tsp nutra Beta-Alanine.
1500mg. or 1/2tsp nutra L-Carnitine.
4.5g or 1tsp Body Fortress Glutamine.
1000mg. vitamin C
3tabs. body fortress amino 3000.

With Dinner: 1500mg. or 1/2tsp nutra L-Carnitine

Before bed: 2100mg. or 3/4tsp nutra Citrulline Malate
3-5g. L Arginine capsules (now brand)
1000mg vitamin C
1 cup cottage cheese 26g protein sometimes
more if I'm hungry.

I also take Now brand Adam multi 3X a day and 1000mg. fish oil 3X a day. I think this is everything. I also think it's a crap load. But, I've got it all pretty organized, so it's not too hard to remember. I'm hoping this will help with muscle size and recovery. I'm thinking with this stack and some proper nutrition, I could compete in the Olympia within a year or two. Yeah, right, just joking there. Come on everyone.....critique away.

Dave

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for the price, I'd throw in some bulk pslin & take it pre/intra/& post workout.. I'd link the thread but can't remember exactly where it is.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
First off, I'd take that 25g of protein, maybe boost it to around 40g and take it 60-90 minutes before the gym instead of 20 minutes before.

I'd take your pre-workout supps ~30min. before you start working out as opposed to an hour before the gym. Bump the Beta Alanine up to about 2.5g.

And, I've had people recommend me to drop the Arginine, Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate from my post workout shake, but I haven't seen any evidence either which way. So, that's your call. But you're taking a low enough dose of BA post-workout that it should factor just fine into your daily intake (doses upwards of about 6g/day have shown effective.)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'd add the Cit Mal to during-working instead of pre-bed.

Also I'm not sure what you pre-WO nutrition looks like, but make sure you fuel your body well for the gym; consider adding some WMS to that pre-WO shake.

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
I'd add the Cit Mal to during-working instead of pre-bed.

Also I'm not sure what you pre-WO nutrition looks like, but make sure you fuel your body well for the gym; consider adding some WMS to that pre-WO shake.
I think I can do the Cit Mal switch no prob. Pre workout nutrition is shaky at best. It's healty, but the times are inconsistent. I work 3rd shift and supervise. That being said, I don't always get to get my breaks in at scheduled intervals. I try to get two cans of tuna in me at around 5:00am, then I usually take my preworkout shake at 7:30am, then I'm in the gym at around 9:00am. One other supp. I forgot to mention is the cissus I just got. How much should I take, and how often? Also, what would you recommend on non workout days? Thanks for the help.

Dave

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I think I can do the Cit Mal switch no prob. Pre workout nutrition is shaky at best. It's healty, but the times are inconsistent. I work 3rd shift and supervise. That being said, I don't always get to get my breaks in at scheduled intervals. I try to get two cans of tuna in me at around 5:00am, then I usually take my preworkout shake at 7:30am, then I'm in the gym at around 9:00am. One other supp. I forgot to mention is the cissus I just got. How much should I take, and how often? Also, what would you recommend on non workout days? Thanks for the help.

Dave
Which cissus do you have? If it's Supercissus RX, they have dosing instructions
Directions:

As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 10 minutes prior to breakfast and 1 capsule 10 minutes prior to the last meal of the day. Super Cissus Rx promotes healthy tendons, ligaments, cartilage and joints.

Myotropic use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 4-5 times daily 10 minutes prior to eating. The myotropic effect of Super Cissus Rx should be felt within 8-12 days marked by an increase in strength, recovery, and blood flow to the muscle (Cissus Pump). Cissus Rx should be used for a MINIMUM of thirty days to allow for full recovery and muscle growth potential.
You can use a similar dosing protocol for the NP 50% cissus caps, although I would do only 3/day with those.

On off days I would drop stims/Arginine etc and obviously the pre-WO shake, and just keep you Vitamins & BetaAlanine & Creatine (at a slightly lower dose if you want).

toosmall

toosmall

Awards

You can use a similar dosing protocol for the NP 50% cissus caps, although I would do only 3/day with those.

On off days I would drop stims/Arginine etc and obviously the pre-WO shake, and just keep you Vitamins & BetaAlanine & Creatine (at a slightly lower dose if you want).
I've got the bulk cissus powder 100g. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

Dave

toosmall

toosmall

Awards

Drop the Arginine all together? My workout days will be Mon., Tues., Thurs., & Fri. I plan on doing cardio all those days plus Wednesdays. Possibly weekends, but I plan on using those days to wrench on my bike.

Dave