Pqq

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I herd pqq increase ngf. What other supplements will increase bdnf?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bump. Also would this be a better alternative to things like peak atp, elev atp, or any of those that are suppose to help atp production .

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never heard of pqq. Links to reading material I can learn from on this?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
http://maypro.com/products?type=pbi
An organic molecule naturally occurring in the food supply, PQQ is the first new vitamin discovered since 1948. It supports the health and proliferation of mitochondria, which generate the energy cells need to function efficiently.* Because the degradation of mitochondria is a key contributing factor to physiological aging in humans, PQQ may:

Slow the aging process*
Increase energy levels*
Improve cognitive function*[1],[2]
Alleviate occasional stress and sleeplessness*[3]
Double-blind, placebo-controlled human studies have found PQQ improves spatial awareness, short-term memory and concentration.*

BioPQQ has been used in all of the human clinical studies on PQQ published to date and is the only natural NDI-accepted PQQ on the market. In 2013, BioPQQ won the Engredea Editors’ Choice Award for Ingredient with the Best Science.

Mechanism of Action
Research has shown PQQ:

Affects cell-signaling pathways involved in cell growth, differentiation and survival*[4]
Protects existing mitochondria from damage*[5]
Helps generate new mitochondria*[6],[7]
Protect nerve cells*[8]
Safety
PQQ is a safe, naturally occurring essential nutrient found in foods such as kiwi, green peppers, potatoes, tofu and green tea. BioPQQ has been the subject of numerous safety studies, including acute toxicity and genotoxicity studies, in both humans and animals.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it would be better To take something that increases atp vs actual oral atp.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lions mane
Yep.

The PQQ on paper looks too good to be true. Unfortunately it is. Highly disappointed with my testing. The cost-benefit ratio is absurd.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If we're talking rats and stuff:

Noopept
Taking into account the fact that pharmacological activity of Noopept is realized after both acute and chronic treatment, we studied the effect of single and long-term treatment (28 days) with this drug. Expression of the studied neurotropic factors in the cerebral cortex was below the control after single administration of Noopept, while chronic administration caused a slight increase in BDNF expression. In the hippocampus, expression of mRNA for both neurotrophins increased after acute administration of Noopept. Chronic treatment with Noopept was not followed by the development of tolerance, but even potentiated the neurotrophic effect. These changes probably play a role in neuronal restoration. We showed that the nootropic drug increases expression of neurotrophic factors in the hippocampus. Our results are consistent with the hypothesis that neurotrophin synthesis in the hippocampus determines cognitive function, particularly in consolidation and delayed memory retrieval.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19240853

Bacopa:
The data presented herein suggest that selective increases in BDNF in specific brain regions, namely the hippocampus and frontal cortex, may be involved in the mechanism by which BM is effective as an anti-depressive therapeutic agent.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4124189/

I am not aware of any human studies on Noopept or bacopa that tested NGF or BDNF, but there are human studies on both of them showing some cognitive benefits, so I figured I'd mention them here.

As previously mentioned, lion's mane is another good option. It's been shown to improve cognition in subjects with mild cognitive impairment, as well as reduce depression and anxiety in women. I don't think either of the studies actually measured NGF or BDNF in any way, but did mention them:
Although the way
to complete prevention of Alzheimer’s disease is also
unknown, the data obtained in this study suggest that
continuous intake of foods which promote NGF synthesis
may be one of the effective ways to prevent or
alleviate Alzheimer’s disease. Yamabu****ake is a rare
food which contains components promoting NGF synthesis.
Furthermore, among various foods, mushrooms
are known to be low in calories and rich in fiber, and
they are safe for patients with diabetes, hyperlipemia
and arteriosclerosis, mostly elderly people.
Consequently, Yamabu****ake can be regarded as
a useful food for the prevention of dementia without
any adverse effects. This effect may be attributed to
promoting NGF by hericenones, but further studies are
needed to clarify the mechanism.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18844328

Hopefully this post makes some sense, I didn't really go back and check it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I've posted about seeing brain fog after cessation of noopept, but I cannot be certain it was from that and plan to add in again for personal testing. The one main thing that I do like about it is that it definitely works for mental clarity and it works very fast. I like when supplements, especially for brain hacking, are acute in effect.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I've posted about seeing brain fog after cessation of noopept, but I cannot be certain it was from that and plan to add in again for personal testing. The one main thing that I do like about it is that it definitely works for mental clarity and it works very fast. I like when supplements, especially for brain hacking, are acute in effect.
I can take a half dose (5mg) of noopept with good results, but a full dose me even foggier.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like bio pqq. I just started taking it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any good Lions Mane supplement recommendations?
Of you want the ultimate comprehensive formula with lions mane, the Nerve Restore is the best you can buy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 9
Kronic Nootropics 0
freqfly Supplements 67