Jesus Christ

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Despite the discussion in this thread, and the existence of a god or gods notwithstanding, a brief anthropological view of history reveals a certain pattern; that one interminable link exists between all dominant cultures (empires) and their idealogues-they, in the specific form originally induced, always fall.

Now, this does not necessitate a complete abandoning of the positive moral aspects of any one creed, society, or religion. As we see in the case of Greek-to-Roman polytheistic tradition, and Greek/Roman-to-Western European democratic exchange, the continuum dialogue of human history retains qualities while abandoning others. In the dialectic thus far, very few elements have retained a certain degree of permanence needed to exhibit inter-millennial use.

One of the most immediate factors which has caused Judeo-Christian values to pervade is their propensity to engrain themselves within the dominant economic values of the time. More than any other religion, Judaism and Christianity (Protestantism, in particular) stress productive normative values, masked as 'good works'. Whether motives ulterior or not, Christians have been stressed to be 'fruitful and multiply' an idealogue which has been consistently conflated with methods of capital and commodity exchange. But, that too, like any other facet of existence has an impermanence which is unavoidable. The greatest illusion is one of continuity, especially as it pertains to social relations.
    Hands down the best reply to any question ive seen in a long time. Well constructed and good points.

2. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Too tired to reply with anything that logistically contribute at this point, but do know I have my "piece" to share in the morning.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Too tired to reply with anything that logistically contribute at this point, but do know I have my "piece" to share in the morning.
    lol. I look forward to reading it. (no sarcasm intended)
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Most definitely. An interesting everyday-interaction 'peek', so to speak, into Pagan-Christian governance in the Roman Empire.

From Trajan to Pliny:

(Book 10, I believe).

Sounds familiar, no?
    much of Pliny paints a different view of the christians. In fact, they were just a "cult" to the Romans of the time. In fact no different than the Egyptian magic cults like the cult of Isis etc..... Funny how a few events change the way things work out.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    much of Pliny paints a different view of the christians. In fact, they were just a "cult" to the Romans of the time. In fact no different than the Egyptian magic cults like the cult of Isis etc..... Funny how a few events change the way things work out.
    Well, any 'upstart' religion is viewed as such, both contemporarily and in antiquity. The fine line between 'cult' and 'religion' status is almost always state or economic endorsement. (see: Supremacy rulings in England in 16th century granting King divinity inheritance and the headship of the Church of England [engrained newly emerging Protestantism as official state religion)].
  6. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%

Mmmk,

All I have to say is this. We can sit here and argue about history and whose religion is better and why...and proving this and that. But here is what you cannot argue with me about even for a second. And that is my experience and what I know to be true. I accepted Jesus into my life about 4 years ago, I was on the "down and outs" and really had nowhere to go and no one left to turn to for answers. So I thought I am going to give this a try. Well that is the best decision I have ever made. I began to search Him out in prayer and in the Word (Bible) for all my anwers, and they were ALL there and more.

My point is this...in my opinion it is not about a religion at all. It is about a relationship and no one on this board or anywhere else in the world can convince that I don't have an actual ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ. He has proven Himself to me WAY too many times over and over again. Every time I humble myself and pray He meets my need.

This is the thing that kills me about most Christians, they spend all their time fighting with other people and trying to convince them of something that THEY WILL NEVER CONVINCE ME OF THEM. People have been fighting over "who is right and who is wrong" for hundreds of years. And this is still going on today in this thread as we speak.

So I do my best to stay out of debates and arguments and spend my time trying my best to be more and more like Christ and walk the way He walked the earth (see the Gospels). That is what it is all about in my opinion, giving love to people who need it, lending a hand to people in need. Mullet see this ---> Not because it is a "work", but because I truly want to and desire to help people. Do you have to be a Christian to have this desire? No. But when you are a Christian I would hope that is one desire you would have

Just so all of you know, I am no cook. My brain functions perfectly and I am totally normal. I have NO judgement for anyone else beliefs and I am your friend just as much as any Christian friend I have.

Don't ask me questions because I am not here to debate. I have said my piece and now I am done. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    That is what it is all about in my opinion, giving love to people who need it, lending a hand to people in need. Mullet see this ---> Not because it is a "work", but because I truly want to and desire to help people. Do you have to be a Christian to have this desire? No. But when you are a Christian I would hope that is one desire you
    I stated that as a reason why contemporary Christian and liberal-democratic capitalist values have been so consistently conflated with eachother. Not the impetus for Christians being generous.
  8. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%

I stated that as a reason why contemporary Christian and liberal-democratic capitalist values have been so consistently conflated with eachother. Not the impetus for Christians being generous.
    Ok, my misunderstanding. And I agree.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

Mullet is ****ing the thesaurus again... takes me longer to get through one of his paragraphs than War and Peace. lol

Love ya babes

Main Entry: im·pe·tus
    Pronunciation: \ˈim-pə-təs\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin, assault, impetus, from impetere to attack, from in- + petere to go to, seek — more at feather
    Date: 1641
    1 a (1): a driving force : impulse (2): incentive, stimulus b: stimulation or encouragement resulting in increased activity
    2: the property possessed by a moving body in virtue of its mass and its motion —used of bodies moving suddenly or violently to indicate the origin and intensity of the motion
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

I went to public school b!tch
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Haha, I went to public school and dropped out from grades 10-12.

=P
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

Way to boost my ego Mullet, lol.
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Seriously, I think it was the drugs which gave me a push in the right direction intellectually. There has always been a fair amount of study devoted to perception expansion through altered states of consciousness. I mean, the Saskatchewan Group, Aldus Huxley and others did some interesting qualitative, substantive research on LSD's effects in research settings. I definitely believe certain expanses of the subconscious can only be 'unlocked', so to speak, through psychoactive substances.

One thing I truly wish was that modern society embraced these types of substances more openly. There is very little evidence that the sub-culture related to psychoactive drugs contributes in any real way to secondary illicit activity; and, even less of a correlation to violent crimes. Don't get me wrong, I am all far harsher penalties for addictive, physically-harmful substances such as Meth, Coke/Crack, Heroin (and other barbituates), but the actual compound LSD (once fully synthesized) has no physiological effects (once synthesized in parentheses because Ergot poisoning can cause adverse physical reactions).

I feel that these kinds of experiences de-alienate man from his natural settings, and even from one another. We have framed our realities in such a way that we have bastardized ourself from nature and framed our interaction as a fragmented action-reaction circuit, that all interaction must have a 'purpose'. These are values which have engrained, and to a degree perpetuated, our certain 'consumer-driven' lifestyle. This kind of lifestyle is the cause for a myriad of issues which are too numerous to list here.

Point being, I am not sure why I am ranting about LSD.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

You are freaking out.... maaan.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

LOL!

The snosberries taste like snosberries.
  16. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.71%

Nice post BJ. You too Mullet. Jay ... not so much. jk
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

lmao! Butthead
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Nice post BJ. You too Mullet. Jay ... not so much. jk

This conversation is rather riveting, please do carry on dear fellows

19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

Bloodline of the Holy Grail by Sir Laurence Gardner = Utter ownage

Why is it that when people make a conscious decision to change their life and take steps to achieve their goals, they attribute their success to God? Are they afraid of being responsible for their own life? Is it that far fetched to believe that man is capable of altering his reality?

In Mark 11:24, Jesus Christ said, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” He was referring to creating reality, manifesting thoughts and ideas, the power of the mind and the power that man posesses.

Anyway, the whole thing bothers me. Religions just seem like massive cults of followers unwilling to entertain arguments that challenge or test their blind faith. Not to mention that Christians are by far some of the most unchristian people you will ever meet. A whole base supposedly devout followers of a hippy pacifist, who support wars and violence, and vehemently oppose government assistance programs to the impoverished. How hilarious is that?

Anyway, in short, the bible was written by men, not god. The end.
  20. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by In Hulk View Post

Why is it that when people make a conscious decision to change their life and take steps to achieve their goals, they attribute their success to God? Are they afraid of being responsible for their own life? Is it that far fetched to believe that man is capable of altering his reality?

In Mark 11:24, Jesus Christ said, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” He was referring to creating reality, manifesting thoughts and ideas, the power of the mind and the power that man posesses.

Anyway, the whole thing bothers me. Religions just seem like massive cults of followers unwilling to entertain arguments that challenge or test their blind faith. Not to mention that Christians are by far some of the most unchristian people you will ever meet. A whole base supposedly devout followers of a hippy pacifist, who support wars and violence, and vehemently oppose government assistance programs to the impoverished. How hilarious is that?

KJV - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

RSV - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

YLT - Because of this I say to you, all whatever -- praying -- ye do ask, believe that ye receive, and it shall be to you.

NAS - "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be [granted] you.

You possess nothing that wasn't granted to you. You may believe you willed something into being but the very will you possess was granted to you.
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Quote Originally Posted by In Hulk View Post

Well, on a methodological note, Christian values are innately antithetical to 'hippie' culture. As stated, their predisposition to promote the underlying ideals of the economic system of the time is what has made them so pervasive. From the inception of the hierarchal ministry structure of Christianity, and its adoption by the Roman Empire as the sanctioned religion, its values have consistently encourage and conflated themselves with economic models.

Christianity represents the 'best defense' from a
    pastoral-materialist world view. The majority of religions/idealogues to that point had expressed man as a positive self-determination of an objective 'Nature'. Therefore, exchange with 'Nature' was seen as necessarily reciprocal for the alienation of man from the objective 'Nature' was an alienation oif man from himself. By positing the triad incorporeal God-Head as the creator of existence, and thereby creator of man, 'Nature' is not given the same credence in Christian theology and institution. Thereby also positing Man as the subjective representation, in conscious form, of the objective value of 'God'. This allows for both exploitation of Nature and its justification (God's way).

Aside from that, I don't find any advantage in generalizing Christians. We all adhere to certain ideologies and normative values, but I think it unfair to 'lump' individuals under collective categories. I have met many Christians, B-Fidday included, who are open to the historicity of their faith, and its basis in a material reality.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Mormons believe that Jesus was a created being: the elder brother of Lucifer (otherwise known as Satan, or the Devil).
    Just had to address this. While I'm pretty much a semi-spiritual agnostic these days, it still bugs me how many misconceptions there are about mormon people that are propagated as absolute fact.

The above statement is totally false. The church addressed this publicly on their website lately (after an issue with Mike Hukabee inquiring about that / being offensive toward Mit Romney).

If you'd like an answer to this question, in short its "the term brother was used as people use brother to address each other in church, but Jesus is most definitely not literally Lucifers "brother"".

A better explanation can be found below.
    http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/r...ther_satan.htm
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.97%

Seriously, I think it was the drugs which gave me a push in the right direction intellectually. There has always been a fair amount of study devoted to perception expansion through altered states of consciousness. I mean, the Saskatchewan Group, Aldus Huxley and others did some interesting qualitative, substantive research on LSD's effects in research settings. I definitely believe certain expanses of the subconscious can only be 'unlocked', so to speak, through psychoactive substances.

...blah blah blah...

Point being, I am not sure why I am ranting about LSD.
    This makes perfect sense; now I understand you better. I have a friend who was just blabbing to me about how great LSD was the other day. He kept blabbing about how if it weren't for LSD he wouldn't be where he is today. He's a looney nut-bag, just like you. But if he weren't so weird, I probably wouldn't enjoy his company as much.

Only major difference between he and you is that he believes LSD is doing the lords work when people use it responsibly.

24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    This makes perfect sense; now I understand you better. I have a friend who was just blabbing to me about how great LSD was the other day. He kept blabbing about how if it weren't for LSD he wouldn't be where he is today. He's a looney nut-bag, just like you. But if he weren't so weird, I probably wouldn't enjoy his company as much.

Only major difference between he and you is that he believes LSD is doing the lords work when people use it responsibly.

You're fat and ugly? Well, mostly fat.

Hah, no for real I'm not sure how to respond to that.

If I hadn't just gotten a 170 I might be offended. But I did, so I'm not, and we're okay, Tubbie!

25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.97%

You're fat and ugly? Well, mostly fat.
    My waist is about 36.5" right now... chubby for sure, not fat. You're just pissed because my waist is bigger than your chest and my lifts are still better than yours after almost 2yrs of hardly touching weights

Hah, no for real I'm not sure how to respond to that.
    Well, if you didn't adjust your online IQ test score by a factor of 2 maybe that wouldn't be so hard

J/K Much <3

I didn't say my friend was stupid, I just said he was a bit of a loon. In fact, I was pretty proud of him. Recently he got in the top 10 percentile nationally on the ACS Organic Chemistry exam. He'll be able to get into a pretty good Chem Ph.D program with that score. I was really glad for him b/c he was having a rough semester and that's exactly how he needed to finish it off.

P.S. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    My waist is about 36.5" right now... chubby for sure, not fat. You're just pissed because my waist is bigger than your chest and my lifts are still better than yours after almost 2yrs of hardly touching weights
    Aww, well I DL a 545 off the floor and just pulled a 605 off the rack this morning. So I doubt that, fatty.

And 36.5" is fat dude. Last time I remember you aren't that tall, sorry bud. Btw, My dad has a 36.5" inch waist

(Kwyck: but does your Dad bench blah blah blah insert smart-ass smiley here to cover up insecurity about being fat)

I think you're just pissed because I'm still more ripped than you after getting crushed by a semi, and am still P4P stronger.

Well, if you didn't adjust your online IQ test score by a factor of 2 maybe that wouldn't be so hard

J/K Much <3

I didn't say my friend was stupid, I just said he was a bit of a loon. In fact, I was pretty proud of him. Recently he got in the top 10 percentile nationally on the ACS Organic Chemistry exam. He'll be able to get into a pretty good Chem Ph.D program with that score. I was really glad for him b/c he was having a rough semester and that's exactly how he needed to finish it off.

P.S. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
    lol..Nice burn, let's point you in the right direction. I know you're a little slow.

I was talking about the LSAT sweetheart, IQ tests are the epitomy of irrevelance in measuring intelligence. Someone with 'a background in both history and biology' should know something like that.

You're a little bit of a joke, but I still love you.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.97%

Aww, well I DL a 545 off the floor and just pulled a 605 off the rack this morning. So I doubt that, fatty.
    It doesn't count when you've got two people helping you 500s on the DL is like 2 months worth of DLing for me. That's actually my strongest lift naturally. Large back, long arms, short legs (and hairy... yes, I know I sound like a gorilla... yes I smell like one, too).

In all honesty, right now I can probably only pull around 4 plates at the moment so you're stronger than me there if you can actually lift that weight without helpers (which I doubt considering you're about 135lbs ). But, I haven't deadlifted in almost 3 yrs and I"ve hardly touched a weight over the past two. LOL. I don't even know why I hang out on BB forums anymore.

And 36.5" is fat dude. Last time I remember you aren't that tall, sorry bud. Btw, My dad has a 36.5" inch waist
    When a persons chest is 50" (the sum of your hips and shoulder measurements) with almost no training and they're beautiful they can afford a few extra inches of jiggly material.

I think you're just pissed because I'm still more ripped than you after getting crushed by a semi, and am still P4P stronger.

Shhhh... please refrain from telling the truth. Hasn't anyone ever told you that the truth hurts? e.g. You fugly. (Hurts, huh?)

lol..Nice burn, let's point you in the right direction. I know you're a little slow.
    I know you are but what am I?!

I was talking about the LSAT sweetheart, IQ tests are the epitomy of irrevelance in measuring intelligence. Someone with 'a background in both history and biology' should know something like that.
    In all seriousness on this one, I agree that IQ tests are not what they're cracked up to be and I wouldn't look at an IQ score as any relevant measure of a persons capability to overcome most obstacles life throws at them or excel in most areas of life in general, but I do disagree that they're irrelevant.

Also, I never proclaimed to be an historical expert In addition, IQ testing isn't commonly discussed in history or biology courses. So, I'm not quite sure your point was well made

And, again, in all seriousness congrats on the 170. Great LSAT score. I'm sure you'll make a fine lawyer.

I still love you.
    ditto pumpkin
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

interesting to see how this turned
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.68%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    interesting to see how this turned
    I was thinking the same thing!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%

Haha, well Kywkie-Poo gets pissed when you point out his 'jiggly material'.

He's uber-strong though..lol
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

My jigglies is what makes me purdey

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jesus Was No Leftist
    By bpmartyr in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 03:24 AM
  2. Jesus Tomb Found?
    By CNizz in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
  3. "Jesus Says" Avatar
    By Viking22 in forum General Chat