Jesus Christ

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloodline of the Holy Grail by Sir Laurence Gardner = Utter ownage

Why is it that when people make a conscious decision to change their life and take steps to achieve their goals, they attribute their success to God? Are they afraid of being responsible for their own life? Is it that far fetched to believe that man is capable of altering his reality?

In Mark 11:24, Jesus Christ said, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” He was referring to creating reality, manifesting thoughts and ideas, the power of the mind and the power that man posesses.

Anyway, the whole thing bothers me. Religions just seem like massive cults of followers unwilling to entertain arguments that challenge or test their blind faith. Not to mention that Christians are by far some of the most unchristian people you will ever meet. A whole base supposedly devout followers of a hippy pacifist, who support wars and violence, and vehemently oppose government assistance programs to the impoverished. How hilarious is that?

Anyway, in short, the bible was written by men, not god. The end.
Well, on a methodological note, Christian values are innately antithetical to 'hippie' culture. As stated, their predisposition to promote the underlying ideals of the economic system of the time is what has made them so pervasive. From the inception of the hierarchal ministry structure of Christianity, and its adoption by the Roman Empire as the sanctioned religion, its values have consistently encourage and conflated themselves with economic models.

Christianity represents the 'best defense' from a
pastoral-materialist world view. The majority of religions/idealogues to that point had expressed man as a positive self-determination of an objective 'Nature'. Therefore, exchange with 'Nature' was seen as necessarily reciprocal for the alienation of man from the objective 'Nature' was an alienation oif man from himself. By positing the triad incorporeal God-Head as the creator of existence, and thereby creator of man, 'Nature' is not given the same credence in Christian theology and institution. Thereby also positing Man as the subjective representation, in conscious form, of the objective value of 'God'. This allows for both exploitation of Nature and its justification (God's way).

Aside from that, I don't find any advantage in generalizing Christians. We all adhere to certain ideologies and normative values, but I think it unfair to 'lump' individuals under collective categories. I have met many Christians, B-Fidday included, who are open to the historicity of their faith, and its basis in a material reality.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Mormons believe that Jesus was a created being: the elder brother of Lucifer (otherwise known as Satan, or the Devil).
Just had to address this. While I'm pretty much a semi-spiritual agnostic these days, it still bugs me how many misconceptions there are about mormon people that are propagated as absolute fact.

The above statement is totally false. The church addressed this publicly on their website lately (after an issue with Mike Hukabee inquiring about that / being offensive toward Mit Romney).

If you'd like an answer to this question, in short its "the term brother was used as people use brother to address each other in church, but Jesus is most definitely not literally Lucifers "brother"".

A better explanation can be found below.
http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/response/qa/brother_satan.htm

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, I think it was the drugs which gave me a push in the right direction intellectually. There has always been a fair amount of study devoted to perception expansion through altered states of consciousness. I mean, the Saskatchewan Group, Aldus Huxley and others did some interesting qualitative, substantive research on LSD's effects in research settings. I definitely believe certain expanses of the subconscious can only be 'unlocked', so to speak, through psychoactive substances.

...blah blah blah...

Point being, I am not sure why I am ranting about LSD.
This makes perfect sense; now I understand you better. I have a friend who was just blabbing to me about how great LSD was the other day. He kept blabbing about how if it weren't for LSD he wouldn't be where he is today. He's a looney nut-bag, just like you. But if he weren't so weird, I probably wouldn't enjoy his company as much.

Only major difference between he and you is that he believes LSD is doing the lords work when people use it responsibly.

:rofl:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This makes perfect sense; now I understand you better. I have a friend who was just blabbing to me about how great LSD was the other day. He kept blabbing about how if it weren't for LSD he wouldn't be where he is today. He's a looney nut-bag, just like you. But if he weren't so weird, I probably wouldn't enjoy his company as much.

Only major difference between he and you is that he believes LSD is doing the lords work when people use it responsibly.

You're fat and ugly? Well, mostly fat.

Hah, no for real I'm not sure how to respond to that.

If I hadn't just gotten a 170 I might be offended. But I did, so I'm not, and we're okay, Tubbie!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You're fat and ugly? Well, mostly fat.
My waist is about 36.5" right now... chubby for sure, not fat. You're just pissed because my waist is bigger than your chest and my lifts are still better than yours after almost 2yrs of hardly touching weights :rofl:

Hah, no for real I'm not sure how to respond to that.
Well, if you didn't adjust your online IQ test score by a factor of 2 maybe that wouldn't be so hard :D

J/K Much <3

I didn't say my friend was stupid, I just said he was a bit of a loon. In fact, I was pretty proud of him. Recently he got in the top 10 percentile nationally on the ACS Organic Chemistry exam. He'll be able to get into a pretty good Chem Ph.D program with that score. I was really glad for him b/c he was having a rough semester and that's exactly how he needed to finish it off.

P.S. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My waist is about 36.5" right now... chubby for sure, not fat. You're just pissed because my waist is bigger than your chest and my lifts are still better than yours after almost 2yrs of hardly touching weights :rofl:
Aww, well I DL a 545 off the floor and just pulled a 605 off the rack this morning. So I doubt that, fatty.

And 36.5" is fat dude. Last time I remember you aren't that tall, sorry bud. Btw, My dad has a 36.5" inch waist

(Kwyck: but does your Dad bench blah blah blah insert smart-ass smiley here to cover up insecurity about being fat)

I think you're just pissed because I'm still more ripped than you after getting crushed by a semi, and am still P4P stronger.

;)

Well, if you didn't adjust your online IQ test score by a factor of 2 maybe that wouldn't be so hard :D

J/K Much <3

I didn't say my friend was stupid, I just said he was a bit of a loon. In fact, I was pretty proud of him. Recently he got in the top 10 percentile nationally on the ACS Organic Chemistry exam. He'll be able to get into a pretty good Chem Ph.D program with that score. I was really glad for him b/c he was having a rough semester and that's exactly how he needed to finish it off.

P.S. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
lol..Nice burn, let's point you in the right direction. I know you're a little slow.

I was talking about the LSAT sweetheart, IQ tests are the epitomy of irrevelance in measuring intelligence. Someone with 'a background in both history and biology' should know something like that.

:rolleyes::nono:

You're a little bit of a joke, but I still love you.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Aww, well I DL a 545 off the floor and just pulled a 605 off the rack this morning. So I doubt that, fatty.
It doesn't count when you've got two people helping you :D 500s on the DL is like 2 months worth of DLing for me. That's actually my strongest lift naturally. Large back, long arms, short legs (and hairy... yes, I know I sound like a gorilla... yes I smell like one, too).

In all honesty, right now I can probably only pull around 4 plates at the moment so you're stronger than me there if you can actually lift that weight without helpers (which I doubt considering you're about 135lbs :D). But, I haven't deadlifted in almost 3 yrs and I"ve hardly touched a weight over the past two. LOL. I don't even know why I hang out on BB forums anymore.

And 36.5" is fat dude. Last time I remember you aren't that tall, sorry bud. Btw, My dad has a 36.5" inch waist
When a persons chest is 50" (the sum of your hips and shoulder measurements) with almost no training and they're beautiful they can afford a few extra inches of jiggly material. :thumbsup:

I think you're just pissed because I'm still more ripped than you after getting crushed by a semi, and am still P4P stronger.

;)
Shhhh... please refrain from telling the truth. Hasn't anyone ever told you that the truth hurts? e.g. You fugly. (Hurts, huh?)

lol..Nice burn, let's point you in the right direction. I know you're a little slow.
I know you are but what am I?!

I was talking about the LSAT sweetheart, IQ tests are the epitomy of irrevelance in measuring intelligence. Someone with 'a background in both history and biology' should know something like that.
In all seriousness on this one, I agree that IQ tests are not what they're cracked up to be and I wouldn't look at an IQ score as any relevant measure of a persons capability to overcome most obstacles life throws at them or excel in most areas of life in general, but I do disagree that they're irrelevant.

Also, I never proclaimed to be an historical expert :D In addition, IQ testing isn't commonly discussed in history or biology courses. So, I'm not quite sure your point was well made :lol:

And, again, in all seriousness congrats on the 170. Great LSAT score. I'm sure you'll make a fine lawyer.

I still love you.
ditto pumpkin

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interesting to see how this turned

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, well Kywkie-Poo gets pissed when you point out his 'jiggly material'.

He's uber-strong though..lol