Sheriff Joe

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  1. Sheriff Joe


    You all remember Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona , who painted the jail
    cells pink and made the inmates wear pink prison garb. Well.........

    SHERIFF JOE IS AT IT AGAIN!

    Oh, there's MUCH more to know about Sheriff Joe!

    Maricopa County was spending approx. $18 million dollars a year on
    stray animals, like cats and dogs. Sheriff Joe offered to take the
    department over, and the County Supervisors said okay.

    The animal shelters are now all staffed and operated by prisoners. They
    feed and care for the strays. Every animal in his care is taken out and
    walked twice daily. He now has prisoners who are experts in animal
    nutrition and behavior. They give great classes for anyone who'd like
    to adopt an animal. He has literally taken stray dogs off the street,
    given them to the care of prisoners, and had them place in dog shows.


    The best part? His budget for the entire department is now under $3
    million. Teresa and I adopted a Weimaraner from a Maricopa County
    shelter two years ago. He was neutered, and current on all shots, in
    great health, and even had a microchip inserted the day we got him.
    Cost us $78.

    The prisoners get the benefit of about $0.28 an hour for working, but
    most would work for free, just to be out of their cells for the day.
    Most of his budget is for utilities, building maintenance, etc. He pays
    the prisoners out of the fees collected for adopted animals.

    I have long wondered when the rest of the country would take a look at
    the way he runs the jail system, and copy some of his ideas. He has a
    huge farm, donated to the county years ago, where inmates can work, and
    they grow most of their own fresh vegetables and food, doing all the
    work and harvesting by hand.

    He has a pretty good sized hog farm, which provides meat, and
    fertilizer. It fertilizes the Christmas tree nursery, where prisoners
    work, and you can buy a living Christmas tree for $6 - $8 for the
    Holidays, and plant it later. We have six trees in our yard from the
    Prison.

    Yup, he was reelected last year with 83% of the vote.
    Now he's in trouble with the ACLU again. He painted all his buses and
    vehicles with a mural, that has a special hotline phone number painted
    on it, where you can call and report suspected illegal aliens.
    Immigrations and Customs Enforcement wasn't doing enough in his eyes,
    so he had 40 deputies trained specifically for enforcing immigration
    laws, started up his hotline, and bought 4 new buses just for hauling
    folks back to the border. He's kind of a 'Git-R Dun' kind of Sheriff.

    TO THOSE OF YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH JOE ARPAIO

    HE IS THE MARICOPA ARIZONA COUNTY SHERIFF

    AND HE KEEPS GETTING ELECTED OVER AND OVER
    THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY:

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio (In Arizona ) who created the ' Tent City Jail':
    He has jail meals down to 40 cents a serving and charges the inmates
    for them.

    He stopped smoking and porno magazines in
    the jails. Took away their weights & Cut off all but 'G' movies.

    He started chain gangs so the inmates could do free work on county and
    city projects.

    Then He Started Chain Gangs For Women So He Wouldn't Get
    Sued For Discrimination.

    He took away cable TV Until he found out there was A Federal Court
    Order that Required Cable TV For Jails So He Hooked Up The Cable TV
    Again. Only Let In The Disney Channel And The Weather Channel.

    When asked why the weather channel He Replied, So They Will Know How
    Hot It's Gonna Be While They Are Working ON My Chain Gangs.

    He Cut Off Coffee Since It Has Zero Nutritional Value.

    When the inmates complained, he told them, "This Isn't The
    Ritz/Carlton...... If You Don't Like It, Don't Come Back.'


    More On The Arizona Sheriff:

    With Temperatures Being Even Hotter Than Usual In Phoenix (116 Degrees
    Just Set A New Record), the Associated Press Reports:
    About 2,000 Inmates Living In A Barbed-Wire-Surrounded Tent Encampment
    At The Maricopa County Jail Have Been Given Permission To Strip Down To
    Their Government-Issued
    Pink Boxer Shorts.

    On Wednesday, hundreds of men wearing boxers were either curled up on
    their bunk beds or chatted in the tents, which reached
    138 Degrees Inside The Week Before.

    Many Were Also Swathed In Wet, Pink Towels As Sweat Collected On Their
    Chests And Dripped Down To Their PINK SOCKS.

    'It Feels Like We
    Are In A Furnace,' Said James Zanzot, An Inmate Who
    Has Lived In The TENTS for 1 year. 'It's Inhumane.'

    Joe Arpaio, the tough-guy sheriff who created the tent city and long
    ago started m aking his prisoners wear pink, and eat bologna
    sandwiches, is not one bit sympathetic. He said Wednesday that he told
    all of the inmates: 'It's 120 Degrees In Iraq And Our Soldiers Are
    Living In Tents Too, And They Have To Wear Full Battle Gear,
    But They Didn't Commit Any Crimes, So Shut Your Mouths!'

    Way To Go, Sheriff!

    Maybe if all prisons were like this one there would be a lot less crime
    and/or repeat offenders. Criminals should be punished for their crimes
    - not live in luxury until it's time for their parole, only to go out
    and commit another crime so they can get back in to live on taxpayers
    money and enjoy things taxpayers can't afford to have for themselves.


    I'm a "liberal" who's all for this this guy

    :bruce3:

  2. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    This guy's a power-hungry psychotic. He does everything he can to abuse the prisoners, and many are in for things like simple posession of drugs. He even had random searches set up along the highways to catch more people with drugs so he could jail them until he was informed that it's unconstitutional.
    •   
       


  3. I am a firm believer that jail should not be comfortable. I am not saying to treat them inhumane, but don't make it more comfortable than out of jail. How the hell you gonna rob or kill someone, then go to jail and come out with a PhD? Why should you commit a crime then have cable TV? I heard of people committing crimes just to go to jail so they can get thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. What kind of shigiddy is that?
    The only catch 22 is that some are falsely imprisoned, so it would be sad to get that treatment when you are innocent.

  4. The bottom line for me is jail is not for vacation. If you go once, you should not want to go back. Rehabilitation is a important factor in learning a better way to live but you should have to truly earn perks.

    :bruce3:
  5. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    I'm an Arizona resident. Anyone who complains about Joe is either an illegals, a convict, an illegal convict or a civil rights activist. He gets re-elected every year because we want him there. If you don't like the way he runs his jail don't break the law.

    There were guys who would sneaking into tent city on work release crews to get food and shelter...during those same hot summers.
    •   
       

  6. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I'm an Arizona resident. Anyone who complains about Joe is either an illegals, a convict, an illegal convict or a civil rights activist. He gets re-elected every year because we want him there.
    Maybe you aren't breaking any laws right now but this is the type of attitude that leads to a police state. Unconstitutional searches should concern everyone, even if you have nothing to hide.
  7. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Where was the part about unlawful search and seizure?

    I've been in his jail multiple times. No one is suffering inhumane conditions. Please.
  8. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Where was the part about unlawful search and seizure?

    I've been in his jail multiple times. No one is suffering inhumane conditions. Please.
    The fact that he set up drug searches on all cars for no reason on all the major highways going into and out of his county until the ACLU stopped him. I'd say imprisonment for that is inhumane treatment, do you really think some kid carrying weed should be raped for that?
  9. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    The fact that he set up drug searches on all cars for no reason on all the major highways going into and out of his county until the ACLU stopped him. I'd say imprisonment for that is inhumane treatment, do you really think some kid carrying weed should be raped for that?
    What are you talking about - major highways into his county. I'm in his county!

    Raped?
  10. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Raped?
    American prisons? There was a case within the last couple years where a young guy (under 25 for sure, forget exact age) in jail for posession of weed only was given a deadly disease from that.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    The fact that he set up drug searches on all cars for no reason on all the major highways going into and out of his county until the ACLU stopped him. I'd say imprisonment for that is inhumane treatment, do you really think some kid carrying weed should be raped for that?
    How is that different from alcohol checkpoints? He's protecting his community. Maybe those kids will think twice about carrying weed. Call him what you will, he sounds like a very 'outside the box' thinker, pardon the tent city pun.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  12. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    American prisons? There was a case within the last couple years where a young guy (under 25 for sure, forget exact age) in jail for posession of weed only was given a deadly disease from that.
    What are you talking about dude?
  13. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    What are you talking about dude?
    Rape.
  14. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    What rape? Where and when? What car searches? Where and when?
  15. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    What rape? Where and when? What car searches? Where and when?
    Of course all I can find while searching for "joe arpaio checkpoints" is people talking about how they support them rather than any actual news on them. He put an expansion in the prison JUST to house the people he busted at his checkpoints. They were not impaired driving or dog sniff checkpoints, it was "Hey get out of your car because we feel like searching your ****"

    I can't find the rape case I was referring to either but here are 24 of them in a nice PDF: http://www.spr.org/pdf/StoriesFromInside032207.pdf

    If you think my dislike of the drug war is somehow irrelevant, then you are wrong because that's how this guy is filling his prison. It's not full of muderers and rapists. If you think it doesn't affect you, you're most likely wrong. There is a steroid forum here, if something you want or your PCT is scheduled, YOU could be in there. Personally I don't use steroids or any scheduled substances but I think people should be free to.
  16. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    I should add that I am an ACLU member but I don't have a problem with most of the stuff they fight, chain gangs, lack of tv/cigs/coffee, and tent cities are fine with me but save them for the REAL criminals.
  17. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    So let me get this straight. Drug offenders should not go to jail. People who go to jail get raped. Joe Arpaio is a rapist.

    Do I have you straight?
  18. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    So let me get this straight. Drug offenders should not go to jail. People who go to jail get raped. Joe Arpaio is a rapist.

    Do I have you straight?
    You're trying to make me sound like some kind of radical like that guy who's always posting stuff from prisonplanet. I never said he was a rapist, but if you think prison rape doesn't happen then you're nuts. Your tag says NP rep, I don't know if that means you work for them but if you do then you are saying the very people you make your living from (steroid users) should be imprisoned?

  19. By definition if you break the law (no matter how insipid the law may be) you are in trouble, ignorance of that law will not get you off. I also think the punishment should fit the severity of the crime. I agree that some of the things this sheriff may go after are petty but, you know what you're in for should you get caught. Therefore if you can't wait till you get to another county to smoke or obtain weed, you get what you asked for, period.

    :bruce3:

    btw, GO STEELERS
  20. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Just because the laws exist doesn't mean we have to agree with all of them. Legislation has NOTHING to do with morality. Supporting someone who imprisons people that haven't harmed and won't harm others is a terrible thing. My problem with this guy is that's who he's targeting. He's not helping society, just moving it towards a police state. I love the IDEA of "The land of the free." The problem is we don't live there and we move farther from it every day.
  21. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    There is a steroid forum here, if something you want or your PCT is scheduled, YOU could be in there. Personally I don't use steroids or any scheduled substances but I think people should be free to.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    You're trying to make me sound like some kind of radical like that guy who's always posting stuff from prisonplanet. I never said he was a rapist, but if you think prison rape doesn't happen then you're nuts. Your tag says NP rep, I don't know if that means you work for them but if you do then you are saying the very people you make your living from (steroid users) should be imprisoned?
    Listen dude. I don't know you nor you me.

    You have some nerve making statements like the above. The discussion in here is not illegal. No sponsor nor retailer here sells or endorses anything illegal.

    The people I work for own a legal on-line retail supplement store.

    You are out of line. Big time. Please refrian from making statements of this nature again.

  22. YouTube - American Drug War: The Last White Hope (Trailer)

    You should see this movie if you haven't. I'm not necessarily against his methods, but I also don't believe most of the people in jail should be there. Drug users have no business in jail, they should go to rehab just like alcoholics. If they commit crimes while under then influence, then that's a separate situation.

    The Drug War failed...
  23. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Joe Arpaio does not put people in jail. The judicial system puts people in jail.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Just because the laws exist doesn't mean we have to agree with all of them. Legislation has NOTHING to do with morality. Supporting someone who imprisons people that haven't harmed and won't harm others is a terrible thing. My problem with this guy is that's who he's targeting. He's not helping society, just moving it towards a police state. I love the IDEA of "The land of the free." The problem is we don't live there and we move farther from it every day.
    Everything is relative and NOTHING is or ever was as free as you might think. That being said unlike many other countries, we have the right to speak up in dissent and if enough people speak up, things may change. I'm not saying that what this guy is doing is perfect but society has to draw a line in the sand at some point, things have totally gotten out of hand. For me my line would be with violent criminals, that's where we agree.

    I have my own thoughts on weed as well relative to how it's judged and looked at but, obviously in that county it's as simple as this, know the rules, don't break them, then there's no problem and you won't end up with a cell mate.

    :bruce3:

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    By definition if you break the law (no matter how insipid the law may be) you are in trouble, ignorance of that law will not get you off. I also think the punishment should fit the severity of the crime. I agree that some of the things this sheriff may go after are petty but, you know what you're in for should you get caught. Therefore if you can't wait till you get to another county to smoke or obtain weed, you get what you asked for, period.

    :bruce3:

    btw, GO STEELERS
    Oh really?

    So Jim Crow Laws were right then ? Since they were upheld by the supreme court and just like today, every "decent" (read: white) person agreed that it was the right thing to do back then.....

    Therefor, if you tried to marry, hell even f**K interracially, what, 40 years ago? you got what you asked for, PERIOD. They can take all their laws and shove em up their gay a$$e$.

    I wonder if Whites ever became the minority and every colored person voted for "Jim Crow Laws" Fair, but equal.....right? They wouldn't have a problem with it, because....they got what they asked for, PERIOD. And they must follow all laws, Right?

    I could f**king care less what people I don't know, never will and never will see think they know how I should live my life, f**k em all, victimless "crimes" are not crimes, ofcourse that's wrong they say, until it comes to them, their families, friends and bribers.......

    Ain't nothing honest, good, fair or just about the f**king legal system, anyone who thinks that needs to wake the f**k up.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
  2. if you like the GI Joe spoofs this is funny...
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 05:17 AM
  3. Trader Joe's multi vitamins (great deal)
    By CosmosM3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:11 AM
Log in
Log in