Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • It has hit bottom

1 7.69%

2 15.38%

6 46.15%

3 23.08%

1 7.69%

another day another 500 points down (pool)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I don't think anyone doubts the wisdom of investing in a down market. The question is how much further down will it go. If it goes to 5000, investing now, would cost you a lot of potential profit.

I've heard a lot of people say, gradually buy all the way down. I don't have the liquid money to do that strategy. I can buy once, maybe twice, so I have to try to figure out where the bottom is.
    the fact is even if it goes down to 5k and you bough just down index at 8k, no big deal if you are planning on holding it for a while. Its only people who have to pull out short term that will be hurt. Right now the upside potential (over time) is larger than the downside. Remember that not too long after 9/11 we hit near 7500 on the downward side, and we were back up to just over 14k during the last year. So the odds of us going much below 6k are pretty slim, but the odds of us being over 12k in the next 7-10 years are pretty high.

The real winner to buy this week is GPM. Its GM's 6.25% yield bonds, original pricing $25, maturity of 2033. Right now trades at $5 a share. So you get $1.56 in interest a year from GM, plus the odds of the US Govt allowing GM to go into bankruptcy is about 0, particularly if they purchase chrysler too.... So in 3 years you make your money all back, and should still be able to resell it at that point for a profit besides

2. Geese, when i did my pick of 7k the down was at 9500 back in early October... its hard to phantom that its broke through the 7k and approaching the 6k mark and just yesterday someone was predicting a dow bottom range within the 4k mark. I'm starting to think wall street will soon disappear!
    •   

3. I'm 100% confident that the market will fluctuate.

4. I think once this rally breaks and we get bad news we'll retest new lows and get around 5500.
  5. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    another day another 500 points down on the market with no end in sight... soon we'll be talking about a great depression from the stock market point of view, and I will have to work an extra 10 years before retire to make up for what I've lost.

how low can the DOW go!
    Be cool
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I think once this rally breaks and we get bad news we'll retest new lows and get around 5500.
    You are right.

7. Quote Originally Posted by charlesmcgee View Post
    I'm 100% confident that the market will fluctuate.
    Wish you Best of luck

8. Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    If I had a bank account full of extra cash right now, I can promise you I would invest every bit of it in the stock market.

Think about it, 2 things can happen.
    1. The stock market goes up and down and up and down etc. etc. etc like it usually does, but in the end it recovers and goes up, and WAY UP (It has to, look were the DOW is at now) - RESULT - YOU CASH OUT WITH LOTS OF $$$

2. Stock market crashes, it's one or the other really, so say the stock market crashes, though I find it unlikely - RESULT - YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU INVESTED, but WAIT, the stock market just crashed, the US doller is now worth nothing, so everyone that DIDN'T invest also lost their money.
    Thank you for your post.and your strait thinking.For stock marketing everyone should think like you.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Another day, another 'new DMAA'
    By Cheranine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
  2. Another day, another cycle
    By Chico222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM