Better Bars!!!!

SouthernLord

SouthernLord

Awards
I can't stop eating these things. They are very habit forming haha

I made a batch of the chocolate raspberry bars yesterday. They are sooooo good. I did tweak the recipe though to lower the gycemic load. In place of honey I used smuckers sugar free chocolate syrup and extra splenda. I might add some sugar free raspberry preserves to the next batch.

Anyone else tinker with different recipes? These things things are pretty versatile.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I made a batch of the chocolate raspberry bars yesterday. They are sooooo good. I did tweak the recipe though to lower the gycemic load. In place of honey I used smuckers sugar free chocolate syrup and extra splenda. I might add some sugar free raspberry preserves to the next batch.

Anyone else tinker with different recipes? These things things are pretty versatile.
The chocolate raspberry is the shiiiit!! Ive only tried it with honey but they are soooo good like that!! :yumyum:

I'm going to give the sour apple a shot next!! ;)

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I've made the choc rasp too, I used 2/3 the honey rec"d and they are very good. I can't imagine eating normal protein bars ever again after these. After eating most of them, (I've tried tons) I would be in the bathroom 20-30min later. These never give my stomach a problem.

Perfect for eating at work, fast and on the go

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered my first bag of chocolate banana...can't wait!!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

They make my head nearly explode with delicious goodness. I almost DON'T like them, because I know the carb content is kind of high, and they are SOOOOOOOOO good. When they get cold in the fridge, and then you cut into one, and eat it with a glass of mine, OH MY! :)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried the butterscotch and loved them.I had ideas to add more flaxseed oil and some extra flavorless protein powder,peanut butter and NTBM power butter and honey.I haven't tried this combo yet as I wanted to try these with just the basic addons for my first time I have to admit I was very impressed.l'm pretty picky about protein bars so these had a high fence to climb and they made it over the fence.Now I have 2 favorite types of bars these bars and the 500 calorie bars I forget their name however as I haven't had them in awhile.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I didn't get to order it this month or N2shampoo. Spent all my money on HCGenerate

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried the butterscotch and loved them.I had ideas to add more flaxseed oil and some extra flavorless protein powder,peanut butter and NTBM power butter and honey.I haven't tried this combo yet as I wanted to try these with just the basic addons for my first time I have to admit I was very impressed.l'm pretty picky about protein bars so these had a high fence to climb and they made it over the fence.Now I have 2 favorite types of bars these bars and the 500 calorie bars I forget their name however as I haven't had them in awhile.
The butterscotch is on my next to try list...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got a batch of chocolate raspberry chilling in the freezer, and a bag of chocolate peanut banana sitting on the shelf. Really looking forward to that.

I used agave nectar in the chocolate raspberry, I may try Walden Farms calorie free syrup on the next batch. We'll see how it all goes, lots of things to try, I think I'll keep experimenting and splitting batches...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got a batch of chocolate raspberry chilling in the freezer, and a bag of chocolate peanut banana sitting on the shelf. Really looking forward to that.

I used agave nectar in the chocolate raspberry, I may try Walden Farms calorie free syrup on the next batch. We'll see how it all goes, lots of things to try, I think I'll keep experimenting and splitting batches...
Let us know how the syrup goes man. I'd be curious to know on that

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let us know how the syrup goes man. I'd be curious to know on that
I may do half and half with Agave Nectar or Honey, just for the consistency...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Still nomming on my chocolate raspberry bars made with agave nectar. These bars last a LONG time!
I love the bars density... it is seriously like a dessert. Many times I've eaten them with a fork and knife. no joking! :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the bars density... it is seriously like a dessert. Many times I've eaten them with a fork and knife. no joking! :)
I haven't had to go that far, but I added extra PowerButter so they're a little more gooey. I like to put them in the freezer, so that consistency was best for me.

It's great that you can adjust the recipes to fit your preferences for taste, consistency and nutrition!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't had to go that far, but I added extra PowerButter so they're a little more gooey. I like to put them in the freezer, so that consistency was best for me.

It's great that you can adjust the recipes to fit your preferences for taste, consistency and nutrition!
Exactly... I friggin love BPB.. Just got my order in of Sour Apple, Chocolate Rasp and Original :food:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly... I friggin love BPB.. Just got my order in of Sour Apple, Chocolate Rasp and Original :food:

I just got some too, and I'm stocking up to throw them bad boys in when I start my cycle to add in the exta cals!! Oh yeh!!::banana:

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still nomming on my chocolate raspberry bars made with agave nectar. These bars last a LONG time!
haha all good ;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I FINALLY got my chocolate bananna better bars....going to bake them up tonight and get my review up!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I FINALLY got my chocolate bananna better bars....going to bake them up tonight and get my review up!!
Looking forward to hearing how they go for you, since that's going to be my next batch! :banana::banana::banana:

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
try the power chews, they taste like sweet tarts

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, I have my tub sitting next to me, nomming away without worrying about insulin. Aw yeah, late night aminos!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use a rectangular glass brownie pan and put wax paper on the bottom, I think it's 7x11 or something like that. My wife would probably know better, I just grab a pan and cut it into 12 pieces (as equal as I can) :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I use a rectangular glass brownie pan and put wax paper on the bottom, I think it's 7x11 or something like that. My wife would probably know better, I just grab a pan and cut it into 12 pieces (as equal as I can) :)
I am always surprised how fast the bars go... I can have those 12 bars ALL gone in two days... and then I realize I just obliterated my projected carb intake BIG TIME.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am always surprised how fast the bars go... I can have those 12 bars ALL gone in two days... and then I realize I just obliterated my projected carb intake BIG TIME.
Wow, I'm the opposite. One batch has lasted me a few weeks. I use it more as a between meal snack, between lunch and dinner. I rotate between bars and other whole foods.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha ya Outstanding mine can go pretty fast sometimes too. :food:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Luckily a bag of 12 bars will last me 4 weeks right now. I have one each weight training day and that's 3 times a week. My cardio and rest days I have low Cal's so I don't eat them then...as hard is it is not to!!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It's so hard to let those delicious bricks of protein sit in the fridge all cold and yummy, pieces of fruit wedged in between the honey and peanut butter laden morsels!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I wonder if you could switch the honey to stevia or truevia and keep it's taste.

edit: while keeping the same price!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if you could switch the honey to stevia or truevia and keep it's taste.

edit: while keeping the same price!
I've been using Truvia for a very long time, it's my favorite by FAR. I don't think this would work though, as Honey isn't being employed merely for it's sweetening property, but to hold the ingredients together. Even the honey 'substitutes' have tons of sugar alcohols, which are just as bad or perhaps even worse than regular honey in my opinion. I have not been able to find a viable replacement thus far to keep the carbohydrate count and glucose impact down, but perhaps something from Walden Farms would suffice, I doubt it though as their consistency is slightly thicker than water.

Anyway, I won't be able to have any Better Protein Bars for a few months, since I'm on my prep for the next few months.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Truvia for a very long time, it's my favorite by FAR. I don't think this would work though, as Honey isn't being employed merely for it's sweetening property, but to hold the ingredients together. Even the honey 'substitutes' have tons of sugar alcohols, which are just as bad or perhaps even worse than regular honey in my opinion. I have not been able to find a viable replacement thus far to keep the carbohydrate count and glucose impact down, but perhaps something from Walden Farms would suffice, I doubt it though as their consistency is slightly thicker than water.

Anyway, I won't be able to have any Better Protein Bars for a few months, since I'm on my prep for the next few months.
yeah, I normally use 2/3's the honey and they always fall apart. I dont mind, keep them in a bag anyways, better bars are powerchews are the two best snacks at work.

Pretty sure my buddy who sits next to me much's the chews a lot too. Seem to be disappearing faster than i eat them

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Walden farms makes a lot of low or zero calorie options that I'm sure would be a good idea to try out. I know their zero Cal maple syrup is awesome. Whenever I need my bars to be lower Cal, that is probably the route I will try out.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Walden farms makes a lot of low or zero calorie options that I'm sure would be a good idea to try out. I know their zero Cal maple syrup is awesome. Whenever I need my bars to be lower Cal, that is probably the route I will try out.
The maple syrup is the only good thing they make....everything else tastes like $hit so I wouldn't use anything else besides that. Just a heads up if you haven't tried anything else in there line

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The maple syrup is the only good thing they make....everything else tastes like $hit so I wouldn't use anything else besides that. Just a heads up if you haven't tried anything else in there line
I like some of their salad dressings, jellies, and dips. I bought their BBQ Sauce to try out too.

Some of their stuff is nasty indeed. Just got to try some of them out to see what you can tolerate for 0 calories on a cut!

The Maple Syrup is by far the best though, I just bought a case!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on that, they have some good options that become attractive as an athlete gets deeper and deeper into contest prep, haha. However like I mention above in the post you quoted, their product consistency is water thin, yucky.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might have to look up their syrup because I love the Better Bars but I gain weight by looking at food. So it makes it tough to eat them knowing how many calories I am ingesting. Helps appeal to the people who are cutting and still love the Better Bars.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might have to look up their syrup because I love the Better Bars but I gain weight by looking at food. So it makes it tough to eat them knowing how many calories I am ingesting. Helps appeal to the people who are cutting and still love the Better Bars.
I believe I'm going to try that with a half batch on my next bag. Get some Walden farms zero Cal maple syrup and see how it turns out. If it sucks then I know not to do it again and I only mess up half a bag...lol

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

I'm stashing away a bunch of BPB for a winter bulk I have planned ;)