Better Bars!!!!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. What size pan do you guys use?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Logifinner787 View Post
    What size pan do you guys use?
    Use whatever you have...I think i used a 7x7......
    •   

3. I use a rectangular glass brownie pan and put wax paper on the bottom, I think it's 7x11 or something like that. My wife would probably know better, I just grab a pan and cut it into 12 pieces (as equal as I can)
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

4. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I use a rectangular glass brownie pan and put wax paper on the bottom, I think it's 7x11 or something like that. My wife would probably know better, I just grab a pan and cut it into 12 pieces (as equal as I can)
    I am always surprised how fast the bars go... I can have those 12 bars ALL gone in two days... and then I realize I just obliterated my projected carb intake BIG TIME.
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I am always surprised how fast the bars go... I can have those 12 bars ALL gone in two days... and then I realize I just obliterated my projected carb intake BIG TIME.
    Wow, I'm the opposite. One batch has lasted me a few weeks. I use it more as a between meal snack, between lunch and dinner. I rotate between bars and other whole foods.

6. Haha ya Outstanding mine can go pretty fast sometimes too.

7. Luckily a bag of 12 bars will last me 4 weeks right now. I have one each weight training day and that's 3 times a week. My cardio and rest days I have low Cal's so I don't eat them then...as hard is it is not to!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

8. It's so hard to let those delicious bricks of protein sit in the fridge all cold and yummy, pieces of fruit wedged in between the honey and peanut butter laden morsels!

9. Quote Originally Posted by hurricane187 View Post
    i love these.. taste so good

I'm going to have to get up on these mofos
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

10. I wonder if you could switch the honey to stevia or truevia and keep it's taste.

edit: while keeping the same price!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    I wonder if you could switch the honey to stevia or truevia and keep it's taste.

edit: while keeping the same price!
    I've been using Truvia for a very long time, it's my favorite by FAR. I don't think this would work though, as Honey isn't being employed merely for it's sweetening property, but to hold the ingredients together. Even the honey 'substitutes' have tons of sugar alcohols, which are just as bad or perhaps even worse than regular honey in my opinion. I have not been able to find a viable replacement thus far to keep the carbohydrate count and glucose impact down, but perhaps something from Walden Farms would suffice, I doubt it though as their consistency is slightly thicker than water.

Anyway, I won't be able to have any Better Protein Bars for a few months, since I'm on my prep for the next few months.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I've been using Truvia for a very long time, it's my favorite by FAR. I don't think this would work though, as Honey isn't being employed merely for it's sweetening property, but to hold the ingredients together. Even the honey 'substitutes' have tons of sugar alcohols, which are just as bad or perhaps even worse than regular honey in my opinion. I have not been able to find a viable replacement thus far to keep the carbohydrate count and glucose impact down, but perhaps something from Walden Farms would suffice, I doubt it though as their consistency is slightly thicker than water.

Anyway, I won't be able to have any Better Protein Bars for a few months, since I'm on my prep for the next few months.
    yeah, I normally use 2/3's the honey and they always fall apart. I dont mind, keep them in a bag anyways, better bars are powerchews are the two best snacks at work.

Pretty sure my buddy who sits next to me much's the chews a lot too. Seem to be disappearing faster than i eat them

13. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post

Walden farms makes a lot of low or zero calorie options that I'm sure would be a good idea to try out. I know their zero Cal maple syrup is awesome. Whenever I need my bars to be lower Cal, that is probably the route I will try out.
    Recoverbro Elite

14. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Walden farms makes a lot of low or zero calorie options that I'm sure would be a good idea to try out. I know their zero Cal maple syrup is awesome. Whenever I need my bars to be lower Cal, that is probably the route I will try out.
    The maple syrup is the only good thing they make....everything else tastes like $hit so I wouldn't use anything else besides that. Just a heads up if you haven't tried anything else in there line

15. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    The maple syrup is the only good thing they make....everything else tastes like $hit so I wouldn't use anything else besides that. Just a heads up if you haven't tried anything else in there line
    I like some of their salad dressings, jellies, and dips. I bought their BBQ Sauce to try out too.

Some of their stuff is nasty indeed. Just got to try some of them out to see what you can tolerate for 0 calories on a cut!

The Maple Syrup is by far the best though, I just bought a case!

16. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I hear you on that, they have some good options that become attractive as an athlete gets deeper and deeper into contest prep, haha. However like I mention above in the post you quoted, their product consistency is water thin, yucky.

17. Might have to look up their syrup because I love the Better Bars but I gain weight by looking at food. So it makes it tough to eat them knowing how many calories I am ingesting. Helps appeal to the people who are cutting and still love the Better Bars.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Might have to look up their syrup because I love the Better Bars but I gain weight by looking at food. So it makes it tough to eat them knowing how many calories I am ingesting. Helps appeal to the people who are cutting and still love the Better Bars.
    I believe I'm going to try that with a half batch on my next bag. Get some Walden farms zero Cal maple syrup and see how it turns out. If it sucks then I know not to do it again and I only mess up half a bag...lol
    Recoverbro Elite

19. Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

I'm stashing away a bunch of BPB for a winter bulk I have planned

20. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will pass on that idea...lol
    Recoverbro Elite

21. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

They should have been called BULK protein bars! LOVE EM.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    They should have been called BULK protein bars! LOVE EM.
    They work easy for my during big eating days on IF too. I eat one a day on workout days and its a quick easy 400 Cal's with protein!!
    Recoverbro Elite

23. Definitely great for a bulk.. No more drinking gainer shakes. Just eat a few of these

I also like them for breakfast with some oatmeal & whey for a pre workout meal.

24. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Definitely great for a bulk.. No more drinking gainer shakes. Just eat a few of these

Instead of adding in PB, oats, and carbs to make a gainer shake you can get it in a great tasting better protein bar!!
    Recoverbro Elite

25. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Instead of adding in PB, oats, and carbs to make a gainer shake you can get it in a great tasting better protein bar!!
    Ya and there so light. Doesn't fill me up and bloat me up at all so it's perfect for pre workout

26. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Definitely great for a bulk.. No more drinking gainer shakes. Just eat a few of these

This is something I never directly thought of, using them exclusively for a bulk and replacing shakes with the bars - I would go for the Better Protein Bars EVERY time!

27. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    This is something I never directly thought of, using them exclusively for a bulk and replacing shakes with the bars - I would go for the Better Protein Bars EVERY time!
    For sure man... I enjoy these more than a shake ANY day.

28. I just finished off my batch of better bars....sad to seem them go!

29. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I just finished off my batch of better bars....sad to seem them go!
    Just got done making a fresh batch!! Letting them chill in the fridge right now
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Titan Bars vs Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Bars
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
  2. Pro or Bars
    By killfat in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
  3. All MRs and Bars?
    By MentalTwitch in forum Weight Loss