DYEGYE's kickin it old skool with Ancient Strength!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Chest and tris was great. Unfortunately due to waiting so long to update I forgot some of the weights and reps, so I'm only going to post what I remember:

Flat Bench (beat myself up, a lot of sets so I don't remember)
    DB Press 60x12 70x10 80x8 95x5
    DB Incline 50x12 60x10 70x8 80x4 70x5
    Cable Flyes 25x12 30x12 35x12 42.5x8 42.5x8 30x12
    Rope Tricep Pushdowns 30x15 42.5x12 50x10 65x8 42.5x15 42.5x15
    York Tricep Dip 225x15 245x15 255x15 255x15 255x15
    Dips 8 5 8
    Hanging leg raises 9 8 7 5 5

Took the ancient strength before my workout. Definitely felt like I was able to do more reps, even if I wasn't necessarily pushing a lot more weight. At this point in the log, I'd say it's safe to say that it's an excellent product, and one I would recommend to just about anyone. Like I said, I can usually tell with creatine if it's making a difference within the first week or two. Ancient Strength is a badass product.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

2. Good workout man! And I'm happy that ancient strength is working out great for you!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    At this point in the log, I'd say it's safe to say that it's an excellent product, and one I would recommend to just about anyone. Like I said, I can usually tell with creatine if it's making a difference within the first week or two. Ancient Strength is a badass product.
    That's saying a lot this early on!

And good clarification as far as knowing your body and if you can sense anything. This is something I need to work a little bit more on, and I need to get some Ancient Strength to try out, as well. I've used mono a lot and never "felt" anything from it at all (but I've got a kilo, so I always just toss 5g in my post shake).

4. Good DL's bro. Glad you like the AS!

5. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    Yeah, pulled that a month or two ago. I'm trying to get over 600 this year.
    Trust me when I tell you will want 700 after you get 600 lol.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Trust me when I tell you will want 700 after you get 600 lol.
    No doubt. And then 800, 900, 1000, and so on. It's a vicious circle.

About to destroy my legs. PWO meal was whole grain pasta with steak and tomato sauce. Just took my Ancient strength. I'm going to kts this workout. SQUATS!!!

7. Murder dem legs brudda!

8. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    No doubt. And then 800, 900, 1000, and so on. It's a vicious circle.

About to destroy my legs. PWO meal was whole grain pasta with steak and tomato sauce. Just took my Ancient strength. I'm going to kts this workout. SQUATS!!!

Thats the glory of it all...never be sastisfied. The minute you become satisfied with yourself, you lose the drive to get better

Good to hear Ancient Strength is doing its thing for you
    Recoverbro Elite

9. Did shoulders today. Don't really remember my numbers because of some stuff that happened after my workout- it was a really loooong day. So, I'll just write what the workout was:

DB shoulder press
    DB lateral raises
    DB rear delt raises
    DB front raises
    DB shrugs

Forgot to take my Ancient Strength pre workout, so I took it after the first set of shoulder presses. Definitely felt a little boost a few minutes later.

On the bright side, I had my first appointment with my first true PT client this evening. He's a young kid who's trying to get ready for football this fall, hopefully to play as a WR and DB. We worked on deadlifts for about 15 minutes and then I did a bunch of conditioning/ speed work with him. He could still barely talk when his mom came to pick him up. Hopefully he'll take it as good training and not be afraid to come back.

10. Sounds like you started that kid out right....I would say if he doesn't come back then he isn't cut out to play the position he wants to anyways
    Recoverbro Elite
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Sounds like you started that kid out right....I would say if he doesn't come back then he isn't cut out to play the position he wants to anyways
    No doubt.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Sounds like you started that kid out right....I would say if he doesn't come back then he isn't cut out to play the position he wants to anyways
    I hear that. I'm just hoping he realizes that. His mom has this idea that I'm going to give him a program for him to do and she's going to bring him back for check ups every few weeks. I'm trying to explain to her that I can't really build and work on a whole program in 1/2 hour (I gave him 45 minutes last night since it was his first appointment). What I'm hoping will happen is that he'll take what I'm teaching him and make good gains and want to come back. The fact of the matter is that last night I was outsprinting him, and I need to get him getting out in front of me if he wants to stand a chance. He also wants to gain a good bit of weight, which I can understand, but I think it will be largely effected by hormone levels at this point, as he's all of 120 lbs. Still I'm going to work with him on diet, and get him past the "I'm gonna get fat" fear.

I've got back and bis tonight, and I look forward to killin it.

13. Love back days... Bust out some Ancient Tbar rows

14. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Love back days... Bust out some Ancient Tbar rows
    Tbar's are my favorite back exercise. Love em!!
    Recoverbro Elite

15. Didn't hit any T-bars tonight, but I did the following:

Bent over rows 135x12 155x10 175x8 195x6 135x10
    Iso Lat Pulldown (I used to love this machine but I really didn't feel it as much today, just felt like it was torquing my bad shoulder)
    Cable Lat Pulldown
    Seated Cable Rows (hit a new PR- did the full stack for 5 reps! A little bit of a "full body" row, but I really felt that I was properly isolating and stretching my back)
    ****insons
    Straight bar curls
    Iso plate curls
    DB Hammer curls
    #45 plate hammer curls

Safe to say my back and arms are toasted. Probably going to do some deadlifts tomorrow- hitting the gym bright and early- probably around 6ish. I know it's terrible for recovery, but I'm pulling an all nighter tonight because I have a test in the morning and I need to study all night- it's the only way I seem to be able to do well because I'm basically teaching myself a large portion of the material.

16. Nice workout there...looks like you killed it good
    Recoverbro Elite

17. Made it in this morning before class and hit my deads. I didn't do the downsets, but I did the singles progression my buddy showed me. For running on no sleep, I hit 525. Still under my max, but at that hour of the day I was happy with it. Not 100% sure I locked it out though. Regardless, it felt good to move some weight. After that I did 3x10x225 for straight leg deadlifts and then 8x225 and called it a workout. Have bootcamp again tomorrow and I need to be ready. Everything hurts though so I don't think I'm slacking in any of my workouts haha.

18. Strong deadlift bro. Catchin up to tom

19. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Strong deadlift bro. Catchin up to tom
    I can only hope. I'm going to for sure attempt at least to go past my max by a little bit next week and hit like 565 or something. Bust out the nose tork and I'll be good to go. I don't know how my schedule is going to work out though because I have two days of conferences and then I'm going to spend next Saturday at the Europa bodybuilding show in Orlando. I'll have to find a gym to work out at while I'm up there or I'm going to go

20. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Strong deadlift bro. Catchin up to tom
    *changes to gym clothes, lugs gym bag to car and drives to the gym. 20 sets of deadlifts and 2 puke buckets later return home. The quest for 700 continues!*

21. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    *changes to gym clothes, lugs gym bag to car and drives to the gym. 20 sets of deadlifts and 2 puke buckets later return home. The quest for 700 continues!*
    DEDICATION

22. Nice DLs bro. That weight is beastly
    Recoverbro Elite

23. Well, good news guys... There is a Gold's Gym 10 minutes from where I'll be staying this coming weekend. And they're open 24 hours monday-saturday which means I can hit it every day that I'm out of town... Sweeeeeet.

24. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    Well, good news guys... There is a Gold's Gym 10 minutes from where I'll be staying this coming weekend. And they're open 24 hours monday-saturday which means I can hit it every day that I'm out of town... Sweeeeeet.
    That's great news! I usually get stuck with not a gym in sight when traveling or on vacation so you lucked out
    Recoverbro Elite

25. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That's great news! I usually get stuck with not a gym in sight when traveling or on vacation so you lucked out
    I'm hoping that I'll maybe even bump into some pros b/c of the show, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely because I know most guys don't work out for the last couple days beforehand. Still, there is that off chance.

26. Great news bud! Kill it!

27. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    I'm hoping that I'll maybe even bump into some pros b/c of the show, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely because I know most guys don't work out for the last couple days beforehand. Still, there is that off chance.
    That would be cool to see a pro in the gym...you never know
    Recoverbro Elite

28. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That would be cool to see a pro in the gym...you never know
    I know for sure I'll meet a lot of them on Saturday... I'm going to spend a lot of the show hanging out with our rep for Europa, and I know he always meets EVERYONE... There is a funny pic on fb from last year of this girl that I used to work with standing with Stan Efferding and another guy I can't remember... It's only funny because it brings their height into perspective.

29. Killed it on chest/tris tonight.

BB Bench 135x8 185x5 225x5 255x3 275x1 295x1 245x5 225x8 185x10 135x15x2 (5 full 5 pulse 5 full)
    DB incline 50x12 60x10 70x8 80x5
    Cable flyes 35x12 35x12 42.5x8 42.5x8 25x12
    Rope Tricep pushdown 30x15 50x12 65x8 65x8 50x10 30x12
    York Tricep Dip 255x15x4
    DB low incline 50x12 60x10 70x8x2

Then I was bs'ing and decided to work in with my buddy on flat DB press- hit the 100's for 5, not bad for being burnt out with chest. Also had powerful forearm pumps at one point to the point that I had to stop my workout for a while so that I could move/ grip stuff.

30. 285 for 10? sick, that's a max way over 315
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 09:26 PM
  2. Brutal Alchemy Ancient Strength?
    By MacWanted in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 10:36 PM