onlychevy6+Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright... I am 37 years old will be 38 in April. To be frank I went from being an athlete to a fat slob in a matter of 5 years and a few surgeries later. I will have one more to remove a hernia in the belly button but that will be held off until I lose alot of the fat.

My starting stats are 5'9" and weigh in at an obese 295.

To give you some background on myself. I was involved in the sports nutrition industry for many years. I played some professional sports. After I had my ACL replaced in 2001 while in camp. That is when things started to go south. About a years or so later i had gotten sick and ended up having a 1 1/2' of my large intestine removed. Then a couple of minor surgeries followed. After all of this I went from being at a playing weight of 195 with no more than 10% bodyfat to the pig you see today. I literally gave up. And got lost in my own self pitty. Yes i was told by dr.s it was against there advise not to work out for a year after my surgeries as they didn't want anything to tear internally. Did i like it no. But me not using my brain i continued to eat like i was still playing sports and training daily. Even though i was not. And the pounds started coming on quick. Before i realized how far out of shape i had gotten. It hit me real hard when it was getting tuff to do the fun things i used to do with my kids. Plus i have a brother in law whom made some significant changes in his life for the positive and that has partially gave me the motivation to want to get back to my old self. I have a long road ahead of me since most of my training will be done mostly at home as the closest gym to me is 25 miles away. I leave my house at 5:30 am everyday and get home around 6:30pm every night. Monday thru Friday. But with the right meal plan and routine anything is possible. I will have to watch how things are done as I do get kidney stones. And not your average small ones the last one i had was the size of a dollar piece that had to be surgically broken up and removed. I look forward to this challenge. I will post up some starting measurements as well as a picture of myself that i want to look like again. It was taken not too lone before my ACL was replaced.

Me at 185. 10 lbs she of my playing weight

As you can tell these are not professional pics. If it is hard to see the bottle in my hand is a 60 capsule bottle of Forged Burner

I know I am ashamed as well.

Neck 18.5
Shoulder 56.25
Chest 51.5
Waist 49
Abdomen 58
Hips 53
Thigh 27
Knee 17
Calf 17.25
Ankle 10.5
Arm 16.75
Forearm 12
Wrist 7.33

Bodyfat is 43.8%

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the competition. Good luck man.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def in for this one bro.welcome to the contest.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome brother. Kill it and you'll get there. Everyone has to start somewhere and keep everything in check and you will reach your goals.
Glad to see you in this :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent Stuff! It is time to KTS now brother! That means Kill That Sh*t!!!!! I didn't see this one in the other thread and don't think you have the post count to put up a link so I will link it for you there.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this big man (not for long though!). Very happy to hear you are making the right decision to get back into shape. I too was there before, got up to 235 at one point and have battled down to as low as 180 so anything is possible. You are welcome to join my log. If you are only able to work out at home something like P90X comes to mind as so many people find success with a program like that. I am sure Chris can give you some great guidance as well, he and I talk all the time about training plans.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
This is the perfect contest and attitude to have to fuel your motivation brother. Subbed!

Good luck man, I can't wait to see how this contest treats you!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man you can do this, I was 305 once and lost 70 lbs in 5 months and have done a contest since then, just last year. We'll be here to support you all the way.

Hey I would consider a modernized version of the warrior diet for your scenario... the changes I would add is lots of BCAA's and increase protein a bit. It's easy to stick to and gets fast results.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have to start somewhere. Best of luck and your journey will def be following along.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
First of all, before I even welcome you... DO NOT BE ASHAMED! I read your post above, and it resonated with me, and I appreciate your honesty and full disclosure. But, use that energy you have boiling over inside of you to potentiate RESULTS! Embarrassment is temporary, health and fitness is permanent, it's all up to you my friend!

Now... WELCOME :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the contest Onlychevy!

You came to the right place and the more importantly the RIGHT crew.

If you need anything hit me up.

Kill it man!!!!!!!!!

ps. im a chevy man too.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man. Way to dedicate yourself to a transformation. All the best and stay motivated :usa2:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
This thread is full of brothers who support you, just to let you know.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup and with Kleen in your corner, its just a matter of time as long as you keep with it.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Yeah buddy Kleen does know his stuff...

Kleen... Is there any safe way to make my **** bigger bro? :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be interested in following your progress even when this contest is over. It's a fantastic, motivating start, but you should keep on the road until you're fully satisfied.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want to thank everyone who is already showing Jeff (OnlyChevy) some support. Those of you who didn't recieve a PM from me asking for support, this is my Brother In Law and any and all support to him in his efforts are truly appreciated by me.

I am calling on all of you brothers in iron to help keep him motivated. I know he is definitely ready for this and I am impressed at his willingness to get in on this and put his before pics up as much as I know it was very hard for him to do. Let's all bust his azz and keep him going until the gym becomes a desire again instead of a chore.

DW, Great suggestion on the Warrior Diet. I am going to see what type of diet he can stick to but that one may be very good for him. Although he may do better with something that has a concrete layout. Seems a lot of novices do better on a very structured diet while learning the correct way around the kitchen.

Thoughts on forms of resistance, if anyone else has other ideas please throw em up he has limited equipment right now. Below are some of the suggestion I came up with.

Heavy resistance bands and possibly some lengths of used marine chain. He has a Dip / Chin station at home he can use. Lives near a lake so he has a nice place to walk around to get some cardio in. Bunch of school books, rocks, or a sand bag in a backpack for some resistance for walking and or squatting/lunging. Make a slosh pipe out of some 6 inch PVC pipe and fill half full of water and start walking with it on your shoulders or pressed over your head. Create a harness of some sort to pull any heavy object behind you and drag for intervals. Lots of stuff you can do brother hit me and these other guys up with ANY questions.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At this point & time, its all about the exercises that exert the most calories, while at the same time, realistic to perform. Bodyweight squats, static lunges, up/downs, mountain climbers, dead lifts with water gallons in each hand, thrusters (front squat into an over-head press with a water gallon), Kettlbell Swings, but with a water gallon, anything compound, complex. Circuit style would be optimal, but it takes a little bit of time to build up the stamina for circuits.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you all for the push and kind words. I wil be using the p90x workout. As well as some other training. Cardio wise.. I will post up my diet thoughts and you all can add your suggestions.. There are somethings I cat eat due to me getting kidney stones. Si I have ti be careul as far as that is concerned. Thanks again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At this point & time, its all about the exercises that exert the most calories, while at the same time, realistic to perform. Bodyweight squats, static lunges, up/downs, mountain climbers, dead lifts with water gallons in each hand, thrusters (front squat into an over-head press with a water gallon), Kettlbell Swings, but with a water gallon, anything compound, complex. Circuit style would be optimal, but it takes a little bit of time to build up the stamina for circuits.
NICE POST VOLC!!!! I love the idea of using the gallon jug as a kettle bell. One gallon of water is about 8 lbs and 1 gallon of sand is about 12-13 lbs. Either would be a great option. I would go so far as to say using a 3-5 gallon water jug to really increase resistance will be great as he improves. You can buy a 5 gallon jug for a water cooler for 5-7 dollars and they are about 40-45 lbs full of water and about 65 lbs full of sand. He or anyone could make some huge gains like that. I actually used to fill both my water bottles up and walk up and down my driveway. Didn't even think about that until you saying this could be used for a kettle bell.

I think I am definitely going to find him a good kettle bell type conditioning program for some of his conditioning work.

He does have some cash that he can pick up some things so it isn't unrealistic he may just pick up a kettle bell when he is ready.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I recommend using a diet tracker like fitday to track your calorie intake, and measure your macro breakdown. Regardless of the supplements you take or the workouts you choose, diet will play the biggest role. Diet manipulation is a lot easier when you have a tool that helps you keep track of what you are eating.. With a clean diet at a caloric deficit, the weight will start dropping at a very fast pace at first. Progress will start to slow after a while and you can tweak your diet according to what is working for you.

After such a long hiatus, any of the workouts that these knuckleheads have suggested are going to kick your butt! In a good way of course. Compound movements use a lot more calories, and build a lot more strength. The dips and chins are wonderful tools because they work on your relative strength. I have very low relative strength on my back compared to the front of my body. For example, you may find yourself not being able to do one chin up. But you give it your max effort. You go back next time and you try again. Maybe a couple of inches higher. It's all progress. Going from none to 3 or 4 is making great strides in the area of relative strength, and is hitting more than one muscle since it is a compound movement.

Stick with it man, Like volcom said I'd be happy to watch and help with this long after the contest is over. This contest is the beginning (or better yet a continuation) of a lifestyle which you used to embrace. There will be days that are harder then others, and probably obstacles. It won't be easy. But stand strong and don't look back. Your overall sense of wellbeing and long term health are your investments and every day your stock will climb. Again, good luck!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW, Great suggestion on the Warrior Diet. I am going to see what type of diet he can stick to but that one may be very good for him. Although he may do better with something that has a concrete layout. Seems a lot of novices do better on a very structured diet while learning the correct way around the kitchen.
Ease of application is why I suggested this plan and it fits in easily with any lifestyle but is particularly good for people is his situation. The controlled fasting and heavy evening meal are less damaging when body fat is very high. He can get more fancy later but with this he can hit the ground running and make the adjustments as he goes...

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GL man! This is such a great opp for you to get back in shape and possibly win some big $$ along with it! :D

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro you got a huge team rooting for you on this one. Out of everyone I hope you win and it would be my pleasure to hand you my money if you do... ON behalf of Team Kill that Sh*t I thank you for joining the comp and giving it your all bro

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm ready to see a big transformation... just stay at it man. It will get tough, painful, long, and hard at times but keep plugging at it day and night huffin, puffin, sweatin, liftin, eating right and you will see the results you seek!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As you can see man, there are a lot of us behind you. Anything you need, we will be here watching to help. I do agree with what SC said above about using some form of calorie tracker like fitday to see how many calories you are taking in. I use it each and every day.

I think we will all feel like winners if you make some life changing progress from this man.

All the best of luck to you...;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you all for any and all input. Today was day one with P90X, Core Synergistics. Wow i forgot what it was like to sweat during a workout.

Here is my diet plan, It has been a while since i designed a meal and workout plan.

Proposed Workout days meal plan. Approx 2000 calories a day

Meal 1

1 5-6" banana
2 egg whites scrambled
1 whole egg scrambled with egg whites
1/4 cup of oatmeal (oats only)
2 tbsp honey (used in oatmeal)
1 tbsp of Benecol lite (Used in oatmeal)
16 oz of water

Meal 2

1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1 meal replacement type bar (body for life etc... No Chocolate)
4 1/2 (2.5 inch) graham crackers
4 tsp peanut butter (smooth)
16 oz of water

Meal 3

3oz Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast or Venison
1 cup brown rice
3 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
16oz of water

Meal 4

2 oz of lean deli style meat
1 1/2 cups of green beans
2 tbsp Flaxseed oil
16oz of water

Meal 5

6 cups of romaine lettuce
4 oz of chicken
16oz of water

Now i usually eat more venison than any other meat. So when i don't eat chicken it will most likely be venison. Yes i hunt.

Now for non workout days (maybe Sundays) Approx 1700 calories

Meal 1

3 oz of Grapes
1 oz of deli meat (Turkey)
1 egg scrambled with meat
1 english muffin
1 tbsp benecol light
1 tbsp of honey
16oz of water

Meal 2

11oz cantaloupe
2 oz of tuna
6 Low sodium saltine crackers
1/4 cup of low fat granola
2 tbsp of flax seed oil
16oz of water

Meal 3

3 oz grilled fish
1 wheat tortilla
1/3 cup brown rice
3 cups of romaine lettuce
16oz water

Meal 4

2 oz of venison
4 tsp of peanut butter
16oz of water

Meal 5

4 oz of fish or chicken
16 oz of water

I am not much of a soda drinker I don't drink coffee, Mostly water and or lemonade. I normally consume a gallon of fluid daily.

Also keep in mind I am taking ISS super pack of vitamins daily. And will be taking Forged Burner to start, I also want to try adderllin. If i can't get some of that i will be taking possibly some PowerFull from Usp labs? I am not a rich guy and am up to hearing what stacks others might recommend.

Please feel free to critique my meal plan thoughts.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Your workout days' protein content could use a big boost... especially at meal one! :) You'll be glad you did.

Island_Girl

Island_Girl

Awards
Hi there! Wishing you the best on your journey to a rock hard body again! I'll be checking in to see how you're doing. I'm a friend of Kleen's.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tons of support up in here, but i'll wave my terrible towel for you my man, you got this

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll have a great experience!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay without totally revamping your diet I change things up by adding more protein and moved a few things around. Also you were starting your cut quite low in cals for your body weight. What I did should bring you closer to 2500 on lift days and 2000 on off days. This will allow you enough nutrition tofeed the muscles so not a lot of atrophy or cortisol related muscle wasting. We don't want you to lose 50 lbs but 25 of it be muscle then you are just a smaller version of you but with same body fat percentage. Not the goal you are trying to accomplish.

I think you would do really well on the Scivation New American Diet, if you want to read up on it it is only a 34 page ebook and you can download for free at www.scivationbooks.com. Also as DW mentioned the Warrior diet is very easy to run. I am not sure what a big feast like that would do for your intestinal issue though. If not a problem that is a low maintenance way to begin the diet that is also quite effective.

Either way you will see my changes in red below. Like I said I see you did a lot of work and not going to revamp the entire thing but made some changes that needed to be made. Also since increasing protein you should try to increase your water intake a little more than a typical person due to the kidney stones issue.

Hope this helps Brother!

Thank you all for any and all input. Today was day one with P90X, Core Synergistics. Wow i forgot what it was like to sweat during a workout.

Here is my diet plan, It has been a while since i designed a meal and workout plan.

Proposed Workout days meal plan. Approx 2000 calories a day

Meal 1

1 5-6" banana
4 egg whites, & 2 whole egg scrambled, 2 peices of Fat Free Cheese melted over eggs or made into omelet.
1/4 cup of oatmeal (oats only)
2 tbsp honey (used in oatmeal)
1 tbsp of Benecol lite (Used in oatmeal)
16 oz of water

Meal 2

1/2 cup grapefruit juice
1 meal replacement type bar (body for life etc... No Chocolate)
4 1/2 (2.5 inch) graham crackers
4 tsp peanut butter (smooth)
16 oz of water

Meal 3

5 oz Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast or Venison
1 cup brown rice
3 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
16oz of water

Meal 4

4 oz of lean deli style meat
1 tbsp Flaxseed oil
16oz of water

Meal 5

6 cups of romaine lettuce
5 oz of chicken16oz of water

Now i usually eat more venison than any other meat. So when i don't eat chicken it will most likely be venison. Yes i hunt.

Now for non workout days (maybe Sundays) Approx 1700 calories

Meal 1

3 oz of Grapes
4 oz of deli meat (Turkey)
1 whole egg 2 egg whites scrambled with meat
1 english muffin
1 tbsp benecol light
1 tbsp of honey
16oz of water

Meal 2

11oz cantaloupe
1 can of tuna6 Low sodium saltine crackers
1/4 cup of low fat granola
2 tbsp of flax seed oil
16oz of water

Meal 3

5 oz grilled fish
1/2 cup brown rice and no wheat tortilla, or Wheat tortilla and not rice
16oz water

Meal 4

4 oz of venison1 1/2 cups of green beans
4 tsp of peanut butter
16oz of water

Meal 5

5 oz of fish or chicken16 oz of water

I am not much of a soda drinker I don't drink coffee, Mostly water and or lemonade. I normally consume a gallon of fluid daily.

Also keep in mind I am taking ISS super pack of vitamins daily. And will be taking Forged Burner to start, I also want to try adderllin. If i can't get some of that i will be taking possibly some PowerFull from Usp labs? I am not a rich guy and am up to hearing what stacks others might recommend.

Please feel free to critique my meal plan thoughts.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Also one thing I suggest is maybe sometimes swapping out the lettuce for fresh baby spinach. It's high in potassium and helps to keep you hydrated. SInce Kleen mentioned the water intake due to kidney issues, keeping a healthy electrolyte balance is a good thing to touch on.

Shishony Pony

Awards
Hey Jeff, I applaud you for dropping the chains that are holding you back, and taking some giant leaps forward into your personal recovery. I will be here for ya, let me know if you need anything. Forged Burner, is the shiz. I love it. Kleen is a great guy and he's helped me out a lot and I know he'll do the same for you. I too am doing a transformation contest, but on Elitefitness.com. I wish you the absolute best Jeff.

outkastjoe

Awards
Good luck on your transformation stay motivated. This is a win win for everyone here.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen's recommendations here are great. You probably know this, but the man knows his sh*t, and you are already a step ahead of anyone else out there in your situation...You have him in your corner!! Take advantage of it and KILL SOME SH*T!!!!

Shishony Pony

Awards
Also one thing I suggest is maybe sometimes swapping out the lettuce for fresh baby spinach. It's high in potassium and helps to keep you hydrated. SInce Kleen mentioned the water intake due to kidney issues, keeping a healthy electrolyte balance is a good thing to touch on.
I use Spinach almost exclusively. It does exactly what the Southern Man says.

Asparagus is good shiz too. I'm sure Kleen's got you doing fasted cardio as well right? If not it's good stuff too. I know you have the Hernia problem so that sucks, but maybe swimming might be a good thing if it doesn't aggravate that condition more?... Good luck dude.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the the changes in the meal plan. As far as the comments wow talk about great support. It is nice to be able to read the words of everyone. By the way day 2 down on P90X today was Cardio X.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use Spinach almost exclusively. It does exactly what the Southern Man says.

Asparagus is good shiz too. I'm sure Kleen's got you doing fasted cardio as well right? If not it's good stuff too. I know you have the Hernia problem so that sucks, but maybe swimming might be a good thing if it doesn't aggravate that condition more?... Good luck dude.
I would love for him to do fasted cardio but he has to leave for work pretty early so not sure how feasible that is for him. Jeff you would definitely drop fat faster if you could get up about 30 min earlier and do some type of cardio or interval training.

I think I may go in on some Bulk BCAA's and L Glutamine peptides with him if he is interested. It is time for me to get more for myself. I need it to really take advantage of the Gear I will be adding in soon, and I don't think straight amino acids are as likely to cause kidney stones as some other forms of protein.

Shishony Pony

Awards
I would love for him to do fasted cardio but he has to leave for work pretty early so not sure how feasible that is for him. Jeff you would definitely drop fat faster if you could get up about 30 min earlier and do some type of cardio or interval training.

I think I may go in on some Bulk BCAA's and L Glutamine peptides with him if he is interested. It is time for me to get more for myself. I need it to really take advantage of the Gear I will be adding in soon, and I don't think straight amino acids are as likely to cause kidney stones as some other forms of protein.
Yeah at least three mornings a week and he would see some awesome changes!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My goal right now is to finish the first week workouts with the p90x. Then the second week I plan on getting in some morning cardio. As for today it was my 3rd day on training. Today was shoulders and arms as well as ab ripper. Let me tell you this. My body is sore. But that to me is good. Cause that tells me I am actually getting a workout. Today was hard since I have this gut. Lol...

This week was about me actually following through with training. And getting my diet figured out.

Ok I just jumped on the scale. Monday I was 295. Tonight after my workout and having a small meal I am now 292.6 and it is only day three. My goal for now is to achieve a 3-5 lbs a week.

And I havent even started the supplements yet other than vitamins.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man! Job well done when you get sore. And also good job on already droppin them lbs!

Shishony Pony

Awards
My goal right now is to finish the first week workouts with the p90x. Then the second week I plan on getting in some morning cardio. As for today it was my 3rd day on training. Today was shoulders and arms as well as ab ripper. Let me tell you this. My body is sore. But that to me is good. Cause that tells me I am actually getting a workout. Today was hard since I have this gut. Lol...

This week was about me actually following through with training. And getting my diet figured out.

Ok I just jumped on the scale. Monday I was 295. Tonight after my workout and having a small meal I am now 292.6 and it is only day three. My goal for now is to achieve a 3-5 lbs a week.

And I havent even started the supplements yet other than vitamins.
Nice job bro, keep up the good work! Are you using bands or free weights for the workouts? I actually found better results with the resistance bands. I think just cause of the stress on the negative phase that you don't really get with free weights when you're semi fatigued. A little less harsh on the joints.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the big work, guy! Congrats on those first few lbs! You are getting off to a great start, it's all downhill from here