Cutting

teenlifter

teenlifter

Awards
I've been trying to lose weight and cut down. I've lowered my calories and I do low paced cardio but I've gained 3 to 4 pound the last few weeks. And when I lower them to much I lose weight and muscle size drastically, like 5 or 6 pounds in a week. If I could have some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Switch up the cardio plan.

Take out the liss and try some hiit session two or three times a week with your current cals.

It's almost impossible to lose fat without losing some muscle so keep that in mind as well.

brendan1991

brendan1991

Awards
Make sure you don't cut your calories drastically low, that's going to impact the amount of muscle you lose compared to fat.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've been trying to lose weight and cut down. I've lowered my calories and I do low paced cardio but I've gained 3 to 4 pound the last few weeks. And when I lower them to much I lose weight and muscle size drastically, like 5 or 6 pounds in a week. If I could have some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
You can't lose 5lb of muscle and fat in a week so a large amount of this is probably water and glycogen. What does your diet look like? If you're cutting carbs when you drop your cals lower, this would explain the rapid loss for example.

Natty4Life

Natty4Life

Awards
True, lower your calories slowly and add in the HIIT. HIIT is proven to maintain metabolism if not even raise it and even burns more calories during and after each session. Keep lifting heavy to help maintain strength as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 33
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1