Heeellppp

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
I'm struggling to bulk and put on weight I'm 167lbs 5'8 13 % body fat I been in the gym for a little over a year now and started at 145lbs Im not sure if that's good or not I just need tips I mean Im in the gym everyday I eat we'll high protein diet but I'm also a diabetic I bulked all winter but did get anywhere I jus need advice on how to get bigger I'm stuck at 167 i heard heavy weight and low reps I heard muscle confusion I've heard all kinds of stuff can somebody jus break it down for me

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
eat MOARRRRRRRRR

its really that simple. i hope your not cutting out carbs. you definately need those my friend

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Lots of calories. Heavy weights that get heavier each week. No need to switch up exercises often. Just stick to the tried and true ones and confuse your muscles by increasing the weights.

Every day? What is your training split?

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
Training split? I hit the basics man thats what I heard I need for bulk all my benches been hittin my squat hard , dead lift, pull ups idk I feel like I'm just storing calories and ain't getting anywhere I'm frustrated I want lbs idk if I'm just impatient or what I'm been takin in like 2500-3000 calories a day and idk jus feelin bloated and no I stay on those carbs

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I'm struggling to bulk and put on weight I'm 167lbs 5'8 13 % body fat I been in the gym for a little over a year now and started at 145lbs Im not sure if that's good or not I just need tips I mean Im in the gym everyday I eat we'll high protein diet but I'm also a diabetic I bulked all winter but did get anywhere I jus need advice on how to get bigger I'm stuck at 167 i heard heavy weight and low reps I heard muscle confusion I've heard all kinds of stuff can somebody jus break it down for me
22 lbs in a year is fantastic with or without steroids bro. If anything up your caloric intake to I'd say 3500 a day. Check out PHAT training and I'm not sure what kind of sups a diabetic can take but if you can do creatine and glutamine I'd recommend those both

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
What's your plan? You say your in the gym what do you do each day? I get that your hitting the essentials but which days are you doing what? Are you getting stronger?

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
M-chest&bi's
T-legs
W-shoulders& tri's
T-back
F-cardio

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
I cycled tes 400 fa month and struggled with circulation an decided it was a dumbass choice for a type 1 diabetic

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
So this PHAT **** ? Basically hittin my muscles twice a week & alternate between low reps of heavy weight and light weight high reps like a burn out ? Should I hit both same same or use a day for heavy and a day for pump ?

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
& up my calories in a clean way or just eat like a fat kid ? I've heard different things for bulking , my metabolism is somewhat fast

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
& up my calories in a clean way or just eat like a fat kid ? I've heard different things for bulking , my metabolism is somewhat fast
Google the training. Keep it fairly clean for diet. I wouldn't eat only chicken fish and brown rice to bulk or 6 Big Macs a day. Use your discretion. Keep the simple 1g protien 2g carbs and .3g fats per lb of body weight.

Honestly though bro. Like I said 22 lbs in a year Is damn good I wish I could do that . You're doing something close to right on your own!

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
It came fast when I buckled down with the diabetes n started eating more i just think I have been at a platue the last few months I get frustrated I see these cats my height walkin around at 180-190 and I wuna be there so bad, I'm just impatient

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's a marathon not a sprint. The mist important facet of diet and training is consistency. I was 5'8 and 165 for a while. It the weight that held me the longest, but I kept learning and kept going, and recently hit 205! Consistency and calories!

I'm not a huge fan of PHAT. I think you could do a simple 3 day 5x5. It would cut down on your energy expenditure allowing more cals your already eating be put towards recovery. If you absolutely need 5 days in the gym. I would still do a 3day 5x5. And add cardio and prehab the other 2 days.

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
Like 5 sets of 5 heavy weight ? And break my workout down into 3 days