1st Contest, plz help.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I am SO glad I don't like any of that stuff. I have slowly moved from liking very few sweets to basically liking none. There are only a handful that I would even think of eating. Great problem to have. LOL.

Kudos for staying on track during the holidays. I dieted once during thanksgiving and Christmas and it was hard, but not nearly as bad as one would think.
    Thanks! I'm kinda getting that feeling of the sweets. Like I want them but it just doesnt sound as good anymore.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Quick Question: So I've been having them same meals for a while, and I getting leaner don't get me wrong. But when I do Lat Spread my Abs are just flat you can see the lines and everything they just don't pop out. Then when I do a front double bi, they pop out. I know I still have a bit of fat to shred, would that be the problem?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Quick Question: So I've been having them same meals for a while, and I getting leaner don't get me wrong. But when I do Lat Spread my Abs are just flat you can see the lines and everything they just don't pop out. Then when I do a front double bi, they pop out. I know I still have a bit of fat to shred, would that be the problem?
    Probably not diet related unless you've had way more carbs than usual or have done something else leading to more water retention. Have you been eating lots of salt or not drinking enough water?
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Probably not diet related unless you've had way more carbs than usual or have done something else leading to more water retention. Have you been eating lots of salt or not drinking enough water?
    I have been eating a 1/2c more greens each meal, could that be it? I also have 2 servings of tobasco with my egg whites, and 2 more with my chicken. I drink about 2-4 gals daily.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

I have been eating a 1/2c more greens each meal, could that be it? I also have 2 servings of tobasco with my egg whites, and 2 more with my chicken. I drink about 2-4 gals daily.
    The greens won't do that. Worst they'll do is make you gassy lol. The tobasco is high in salt but at 2-4 gallons id say you're good. Just got to be that last bit of fat there and maybe your hyper critical mind playing with you. You're in prep mode so I'm sure any little deficiency looks like a glaring imperfection to you.

Just keep doing what you're doing. The #1 thing you did really well was give yourself plenty of time to get to where you want to be.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

The greens won't do that. Worst they'll do is make you gassy lol. The tobasco is high in salt but at 2-4 gallons id say you're good. Just got to be that last bit of fat there and maybe your hyper critical mind playing with you. You're in prep mode so I'm sure any little deficiency looks like a glaring imperfection to you.

Just keep doing what you're doing. The #1 thing you did really well was give yourself plenty of time to get to where you want to be.
    Thanks, I kept getting crap for starting my prep at 19 weeks. I just ignored them, they don't know my body and that
    s just how much time I believe I needed to get in the best condition. I still keep everything the same. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the two bottles of tabasco, should I continue using? I will cut them out If I have too, to be honest I really don't need them.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Thanks, I kept getting crap for starting my prep at 19 weeks. I just ignored them, they don't know my body and that
    s just how much time I believe I needed to get in the best condition. I still keep everything the same. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the two bottles of tabasco, should I continue using? I will cut them out If I have too, to be honest I really don't need them.
    Keep the hot sauce man! A dash or two of hot sauce isn't going to hurt you. Who was giving you crap about starting prep 19 weeks out? We'll see what they say when you place higher than any of them.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

There was a guy who worked at my job and he competed last year in the same comp. He placed 1st in teens 2nd in novice both him and another coworker gave me crap for starting early. But come April 6th there gonna see why I did start early, that was to win. I'll be competing against him in the novice division. I will beat him.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

There was a guy who worked at my job and he competed last year in the same comp. He placed 1st in teens 2nd in novice both him and another coworker gave me crap for starting early. But come April 6th there gonna see why I did start early, that was to win. I'll be competing against him in the novice division. I will beat him.
    Yes you will
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Tonight I'll post an update for my last 2 days. Meals and workouts to be included. I'm excited to lift today. Arms!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Sorry for no recent updates but I have progress pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Tonight I gave my body a highish Carb meal or two. My last meal had 8oz chicken 12 Brussels sprouts and a medium sweet potato. The meal before that had 4oz mushrooms with about 2 cups spinach, and half a cup of brown rice. With 4oz tilapia.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Really taking shape now. Amazing wheels bro!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    Really taking shape now. Amazing wheels bro!
    Thanks brother! I hit legs hardcore today it was sweet.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Looking great my man! Quads look crazy good, back and shoulders looking great too. Posing is solid. Just need to tan up a little and you're almost ready for prime time!
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

You shouldn't worry about seeing your abs on those poses anyways. You should be doing a vacuum o. Your front double biceps pose, it'll make you look A LOT wider. Same goes for lat spread, the air will expand your ribcage and force your lats out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Agreed wheels are looking good!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Thumbs up

Thanks brother! I hit legs hardcore today it was sweet.
    I love it! Attack those legs cause few have the balls!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

I love it! Attack those legs cause few have the balls!
    Truth! So many guys complain about leg day. Its what separates the dudebros from the men. Lol
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Cool

Truth! So many guys complain about leg day. Its what separates the dudebros from the men. Lol
    Hell yes! I had a MAJOR back injury years ago and my doc told me hard leg training was out for good. LOL...give me a scoop of Prodigy or one Thermadex and see if you can stop me doc!!!!!!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Hell yes! I had a MAJOR back injury years ago and my doc told me hard leg training was out for good. LOL...give me a scoop of Prodigy or one Thermadex and see if you can stop me doc!!!!!!
    Don't you love when they use words like "never" or "can't" just so you can prove them all wrong?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Oh and btw, you're a fukin BEAST Eric
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Don't you love when they use words like "never" or "can't" just so you can prove them all wrong?
    I was told by 4 docs- you need surgery and serious bodybuilding is no longer a possibility. One year later I competed in the NGA Pro Universe!!! Gotta love it!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Oh and btw, you're a fukin BEAST Eric
    Thank you brother!!!!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

I was told by 4 docs- you need surgery and serious bodybuilding is no longer a possibility. One year later I competed in the NGA Pro Universe!!! Gotta love it!
    That's great, man. Adversity breeds success with character. You're probably a better bodybuilder now than you would have been if you hadn't been injured. That type of adversity is what drives an average man to become extraordinary.

In my opinion anyway. Lol
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Crazy legs ! ha Keeep doin work man, lookin great !
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Nice progress man!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Aggie you still around man?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

Aggie you still around man?
    Yeah man! I'm back, and still here. Just been having problems accessing internet at my place/ phone. I'm on now so update momentarily.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.

It's been a while since my last update, but i'm still here, no worries. I'm still going strong and pushing myself to the limit. Diet has stayed the same, and I've been sticking to it. I have tried having some refeeds, I managed to have 2, separated of course. I had one 3 weeks ago, then one 2 weeks ago. I stop then because I have some plans starting tomorrow (12 weeks out). Those refeeds weren't really much though. I ate the same meal that had the same macros i've been doing, but I just added a medium sweet potato, nothing else. So I don't know if you would consider that a refeed or not, but I did. Training has been great, but I has also had some ups and downs. I've had times again where I lacked the motivation but then others when I just blew through the weights and killed it. I've been managing those bad days by a saying I heard: "There are about 31 days per month, one of more might be bad ones, but don't make it feel like the end of the world, try your hardest to make a good one". The other day I slept in and I didn't want to get up, but I told myself GET YOUR ASS UP YOU GOTTA WIN THIS THING. I want to win my Teens and Novice division, and I want to make to the overall finals of the show. I'm going to bust my butt, and put anything negative to the side and go at it hard in my diet and training. Dieting used to be tough, but cooking every 4 days has become such a routine that its planted in my head. I encounter junk food everyday by my roomate/ peers but I look at it and sometimes I think it's gross. I started working on my posing last night, and it's hard! But practice makes perfect. I'm not really working on my routine just yet, I want to get my relaxed/ mandatories down first. I'm going to keep practicing til I feel I'm fully conditioned and can hold each pose for a 1min or more. I'm winning this comp. I will be victorious! "Train Hard, Train Fast, Win!"

Tomorrow the start of the 12 weeks I'm cutting 1/2c of oats from carbs. I have Delts/Arms/Abs tomorrow, I will destroy this workout!
    Here's what my diet has been like the past few days/ weeks. Many of you who have been following this thread have seen this. Today is the last day of this diet before the change tomorrow. Also noting today is also the last day of my Natty EFX bottle...So sad, but with or without I'm not going to let up.

Meals:
    1. 12 egg whites, 4oz onion, 4oz mushroom, 1.5c oats, 1 green tea.
    2. 8oz tilapia, 1/2c brown rice, 1.5c broccoli.
    3. 4oz tilapia, 1/2c brown rice, 1.5c broccoli.
    4. 4oz chicken breast, 2c broccoli.
    5. 4oz chicken breast, 2c broccoli.
    6. 2tbs almond butter

I've been eating my meals every two hours and I usually have my last meal no later than 7. But recently I've been trying to eat my meals every 2.5-3hrs. On occasion I might be running out time to fit my meals all in before 7, so sometimes I just combine meals 4/5 into one, or meal 6 split up into meal 4/5. I haven't been eating anything else. What you see, is how it is for me. Also my egg whites/tilapia are cooked with a few drops of EV Olive Oil. I use no added sodium whatsoever, and have noticed some changes from I used to eat hot sauce. I'm drinking around 1-3 gals of water daily. Last thing I also started doing cardio after every lifting session.

My Current Supps:
    Orange Triad-1 serving
    C-100- 1 serving
    White Flood- 1 serving
    Post-workout blend I made(Gluatmine/Creatine Mono/ Recoup) 1 serving. I take this after lifting.
    Endurance- 1 serving. I take this after my cardio sessions.
    Natty EFX- 2 servings.

I'm slowly running out of each of these supps, but I'm not really planning on buying anymore due to budget issues. I have also started buying stuff for my bulk after. I've been thinking about bulking too much to the point I get distracted from focusing on this comp. Lol. Lastly I have a question: What do you guys think about eating after the comp? I have read around but I want your opinions. I plan to only have 3 cheat meals: China One Buffet, Pop Tarts, and Mongolian BBQ. Tell me what y'all think.

Here's my most recent workout:
    Back:
    Deads 4x10-12
    BO Rows 4x10-12
    Seat. Rows with separate handles 4x10-12
    WG Pulldowns 4x10-12
    CG Pulldowns 4x10-12
    T-Bar Rows 4x10-12

Abs:
    Lying Leg Raise 15 reps
    Rev. Crunch 30 Reps
    Crunch 30 reps
    Ab Pulldown 15 reps
    Broom Twists 50 each side

I do all these exercise for one circuit no rest.

Calves:
    Seat. Calf 5x15-20
    Leg Press Calf 5x15-20
    Stand Calf 5x15-20
    Tibia Machine 5x15-20

Cardio:
    20min on stepmill at a moderate pace (Lvl 8).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Plz Help with Superdrol
    By Napilion in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
  3. Terrible School Weightroom PLZ HELP
    By Rebel in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 12:43 PM