1st Contest, plz help.

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    This being my first run at making my own diet, I wanted everything to be about equal. I had some fat to start with on this prep. I want to keep fats low, and stick to natural occurring fats. Only actual fat i'm consuming is almond butter, and my cooking oils (oil and coco) when I cook. Right now my carbs at about 8oz/ per meal. I do this because it meets my daily macros, and plus I don't get as fatigue in the gym. I don't know for sure if eating that much is good or bad, but I feel it's working for me. I'll be 17 weeks out this Saturday. I plan to have my diet high in carbs for about 7 weeks, then i'll cut 1/4 or half my carb intake. I've planned for my last 6 weeks of prep to be nothing but fish and eggs for my protein source, and oats/ brown rice for 1 serving each a day, and the rest of my meals to be eaten with greens. How's that?
    prior to prep you might try some weeks of keto to dry out a bit and then carb load right before to plump up. Also, throw in some extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil for fats. EVOO has lots of monounsaturated fats to keep your hormone levels going and EVCO does really well for energy during Keto due to its high MCT content.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

2. I've heard of both Keto, and Carb loading, I don't know much about either. I'll do some research on it today. How long should keto and carb loading last?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    I've heard of both Keto, and Carb loading, I don't know much about either. I'll do some research on it today. How long should keto and carb loading last?
    Eh, as long as you like really. A good thing to remember is that carbs will always make you carry water. I think it's about 3gH2O/1g carbs (here's an article with some references from Lyle McDonald http://www.justinowings.com/understa...d-glycogen-de/ best I could find quickly)

So when you deplete glycogen by going Keto, you can dry out a lot. you will also burn more energy from fat in a keto state. Then when you carb load for a couple of days you'll pump back up with glycogen but subcutaneous water storage will be minimized (in my experience) which will leave you pumped and vascular but not puffy looking which is just what you want for your competition.

Right now I'm doing 5 days wil less than 50g carbs (all from leafy veggies for bulk), and 2 days of about 200-300g carbs each.

4. Wow that sounds intense, so intense that i'll probably give it a shot. I always love a challenge! "If it's easy, your aren't working hard enough". So do you go 5 days low carb, then 2 day high I take it?

5. 1.Pick a plan and stick to it.
    2.Take weekly pictures identical to the one's you have posted. This will allow you to post them here and get honest feedback from those who have been there done that and have no vested interest in your feelings.
    3.I agree with tossing the scale, it matters not.
    4.Do not reduce cals too much too quickly and do not increase cardio to the max from the beginning as you need to be able to adjust something when you hit walls.
    5.This kind of goes with 1 but once you decide on a plan or a person to listen to try not to gather information that may contradict what you are doing. Doubting your prep can be as detrimental as out right not following it. You end up changing the plan and all things can go to hell in a handbasket.
    6.If it were me I would steer clear of BSN and any other company that has a large amount of ingredients in their products. I am not saying they are inherently bad it's just in prep you want to have as FEW AS POSSIBLE VARIABLES influencing your condition. With 20+ ingredients per product it can be hard to nail down what is doing what to your condition. Stick to products with one or two ingredients and proteins that are very basic, ie not loaded with carbs and fat like Syntha 6(not normally a big deal but this is contest prep where little things can be the difference between 1st2nd or 4th 5th.)
    7. With all the money your proposed stack would cost you could hire someone who has coached people in the past. Ask to see pictures of their results.
    8.Have fun, good luck, your starting at a good condition IMO and your legs will give some guys a reason to take pause. I wish you luck!

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Wow that sounds intense, so intense that i'll probably give it a shot. I always love a challenge! "If it's easy, your aren't working hard enough". So do you go 5 days low carb, then 2 day high I take it?
    exactly!

7. Thanks pushinweightw! I appreciate the compliment of the legs. And I agree with what you were saying about the supps and cardio. Starting off my prep like I said I had a good some of fat, so my first instinct was lots of cardio. I was doing cardio 15-40min a day. Earlier this week I noticed that I was doing it too much to start off. I stop doing cardio until next week, which i will do 3 sessions Mon-Wed-Fri for 15min each on stairmaster. As far as scales go weight isn't a big worry, I just like to know where i'm at, my goal still stands at 170. But there is a quote i've heard that I like "Don't worry about the scales, go by how you feel and look like in the pics and mirrors" something like that. As far as supps I completely through out my idea of buying all bsn products let alone that many supps. I got some advice on some different more better supps from cswalczakny, I decided i'm giving them a shot, i'm buying them this weekend, and I should get them in the mail within a week or two. Thanks again for some feedback, and advice guys!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Thanks pushinweightw! I appreciate the compliment of the legs. And I agree with what you were saying about the supps and cardio. Starting off my prep like I said I had a good some of fat, so my first instinct was lots of cardio. I was doing cardio 15-40min a day. Earlier this week I noticed that I was doing it too much to start off. I stop doing cardio until next week, which i will do 3 sessions Mon-Wed-Fri for 15min each on stairmaster. As far as scales go weight isn't a big worry, I just like to know where i'm at, my goal still stands at 170. But there is a quote i've heard that I like "Don't worry about the scales, go by how you feel and look like in the pics and mirrors" something like that. As far as supps I completely through out my idea of buying all bsn products let alone that many supps. I got some advice on some different more better supps from cswalczakny, I decided i'm giving them a shot, i'm buying them this weekend, and I should get them in the mail within a week or two. Thanks again for some feedback, and advice guys!
    We have a promo going on right now too if you want to try to win a bottle of something!

Formutech Nutrition pick and choose logging promotion

9. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    My lift tonight went pretty well, I felt stronger in some exercises so I went a bit heavier. The test of training in the evening compared to the morning was alright, I still like mornings better, I feel I have more energy. I didn't train with a pre w/o since I'm out this weekend i'm getting some. I did some posing after and I could use some help with that. Does anyone know any good exercise to improve the side chest pose? I feel as if my chest is thick in the middle but not as thick on the top. I do incline db, and high crossovers for the upper pecs. I recently did switch my first exercise to a flat bench. I think next week I'm going to take it out and replace it with another incline movement. Opinions?

When using a pre workout, I like one that focuses more on pumps then energy. I like sustained energy for the workout, but I dont like the tweaking feeling, it makes me sick.

Change the first exerscise to an incline chest movement. If you feel that your weak point make sure to focus your training around it. I like to start with incline dumbell press. I also do 3 sets of incline bench on delt day as my last exerscise. I make sure to get a hard long flex when doing dumbells and on the excentric movement I am very slow as to put the weight on the muscle for a longer period of time. From time to time, I see people cutting themself short by not going all the way down with dumbells and staying a few inches above their chest. Make sure the movements are complete.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor

10. First exercise for my chest workout has been changed, next week I will test it see how it goes. Thanks! cswalczakny I put my info down for that thread.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    First exercise for my chest workout has been changed, next week I will test it see how it goes. Thanks! cswalczakny I put my info down for that thread.
    Cool!

12. Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    1.Pick a plan and stick to it.
    2.Take weekly pictures identical to the one's you have posted. This will allow you to post them here and get honest feedback from those who have been there done that and have no vested interest in your feelings.
    3.I agree with tossing the scale, it matters not.
    4.Do not reduce cals too much too quickly and do not increase cardio to the max from the beginning as you need to be able to adjust something when you hit walls.
    5.This kind of goes with 1 but once you decide on a plan or a person to listen to try not to gather information that may contradict what you are doing. Doubting your prep can be as detrimental as out right not following it. You end up changing the plan and all things can go to hell in a handbasket.
    6.If it were me I would steer clear of BSN and any other company that has a large amount of ingredients in their products. I am not saying they are inherently bad it's just in prep you want to have as FEW AS POSSIBLE VARIABLES influencing your condition. With 20+ ingredients per product it can be hard to nail down what is doing what to your condition. Stick to products with one or two ingredients and proteins that are very basic, ie not loaded with carbs and fat like Syntha 6(not normally a big deal but this is contest prep where little things can be the difference between 1st2nd or 4th 5th.)
    7. With all the money your proposed stack would cost you could hire someone who has coached people in the past. Ask to see pictures of their results.
    8.Have fun, good luck, your starting at a good condition IMO and your legs will give some guys a reason to take pause. I wish you luck!

Very nice list here!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

13. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Thanks pushinweightw! I appreciate the compliment of the legs. And I agree with what you were saying about the supps and cardio. Starting off my prep like I said I had a good some of fat, so my first instinct was lots of cardio. I was doing cardio 15-40min a day. Earlier this week I noticed that I was doing it too much to start off. I stop doing cardio until next week, which i will do 3 sessions Mon-Wed-Fri for 15min each on stairmaster. As far as scales go weight isn't a big worry, I just like to know where i'm at, my goal still stands at 170. But there is a quote i've heard that I like "Don't worry about the scales, go by how you feel and look like in the pics and mirrors" something like that. As far as supps I completely through out my idea of buying all bsn products let alone that many supps. I got some advice on some different more better supps from cswalczakny, I decided i'm giving them a shot, i'm buying them this weekend, and I should get them in the mail within a week or two. Thanks again for some feedback, and advice guys!

So let us in, what did you decide to go with? You know we love hearing peoples stacks around here.

14. This will be my stack:
    Lean Efx.
    Volatile.
    Endurance.
    Natural Efx.
    Orange Triad.
    Orange OxiMega.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    This will be my stack:
    Lean Efx.
    Volatile.
    Endurance.
    Natural Efx.
    Orange Triad.
    Orange OxiMega.
    let me know what you think of the OxiMega. I'm a big orange triad fan and keep meaning to pick up oxymega but just never have

16. Cool. Good luck.

17. Will do! I'm thinking about getting rush delivery lol.

18. Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    Cool. Good luck.
    Thanks brother!

19. That is a very nice combination.

Let us know how you like endurance, I think it's the best BCAA out.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor

20. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    That is a very nice combination.

Let us know how you like endurance, I think it's the best BCAA out.
    absolutely! Love me some Endurance

21. Workouts today went amazing. I killed my legs, I'm even more excited for when I get my new stack.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Workouts today went amazing. I killed my legs, I'm even more excited for when I get my new stack.
    What's your leg day look like?

23. Who makes endurance?
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

24. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Who makes endurance?
    Formutech Nutrition

25. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Who makes endurance?
    We do! Probably the best tasting bcaa I've ever had and the addition of beta-alanine is a really nice touch.

Check it out: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/f...-405-gram.html

26. Here was my daily log for yesterday 12/6.
    Wake-Up: 3 Hgh up, 4 sample fat burner pills.
    Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 whole. 1c oats. 1 green tea.
    Meal 2: 8oz chicken breast, ~8oz yams.
    Meal 3: 2tbs almond butter, 4 celery sticks.
    Meal 4: 8oz tilapia, 1c quinoa.
    Meal 5: 8oz chicken breast, ~8oz yams.
    Meal 6: 8oz tilapia, 1c quinoa.

I lifted early in the day approximately 2hrs after meal 1. I lifted legs. Quads in the AM, Hamis in the PM right before work. 6hrs apart.
    Quads:
    Leg Ext. 3x25 (Warm-up)
    Squat 4x8-12
    Front Squat 4x8-12
    Hack Squat 4x8-12
    Leg Press 4x8-12
    Leg Ext. 4x8-12

Hamis/Glutes/Hips/Calves:
    Db Stiff Deadlifts 3x8-12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x8-12
    Seated Single Leg Curl 3x8-12
    Hip Add. 3x12
    Hip Abd. 3x12
    Glute Machine 3x12
    Standing Calves on Smith Machine 5x15-25
    Seated Calve 5x15-15
    Tibia Machine 5x15-25.

Legs were toasted, they felt great! Today was arms, ****ty day compared to yesterday. I shouldn't of lifted but had to be there for my partner/ friend. I usually wake up around 5:15 to get ready for the day, but wheneve I lift with my friend I get up at 4:30 so I can eat, and lift at 6. I overslept til 5:30 so I had no meals in me before the workout, No pre-workout either. But I had to prove to myself that even if i'm not ready or not I still must put an effort. Every set I wanted to give up but I thought to myself then, "If I quit now, what's the chance of me being disappointed and walking away from this prep." I thought hard, and dug deep for any aggression/ drive I had. I pushed through it, and completed the workout. My weights weren't what I had planned to do, I still used moderate weight about 75% of what I usually do and focused on the stretch and contraction of each exercise. One thing that kept me going was that If I cant bring it physically, I have to bring it mentally. I gotta put my mind to it. If I don't have both the physical or mental ability then I now I shouldn't lift. But Mentally I didn't wanna give up!

Today's Lift:
    Arms:
    Close Grip Bench 4x8-12
    Rope Pushdown 3x8-12
    Rope Ext. 3x8-12
    Reverse Pulldown 3x8-12

Ez Bar Curl 3x8-12
    Hammer Curl 3x8-12
    Machine Preacher 4x8-12
    Incline Curls 3x8-12

Meals for today are same as yesterday.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Here was my daily log for yesterday 12/6.
    Wake-Up: 3 Hgh up, 4 sample fat burner pills.
    Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 whole. 1c oats. 1 green tea.
    Meal 2: 8oz chicken breast, ~8oz yams.
    Meal 3: 2tbs almond butter, 4 celery sticks.
    Meal 4: 8oz tilapia, 1c quinoa.
    Meal 5: 8oz chicken breast, ~8oz yams.
    Meal 6: 8oz tilapia, 1c quinoa.

I lifted early in the day approximately 2hrs after meal 1. I lifted legs. Quads in the AM, Hamis in the PM right before work. 6hrs apart.
    Quads:
    Leg Ext. 3x25 (Warm-up)
    Squat 4x8-12
    Front Squat 4x8-12
    Hack Squat 4x8-12
    Leg Press 4x8-12
    Leg Ext. 4x8-12

Hamis/Glutes/Hips/Calves:
    Db Stiff Deadlifts 3x8-12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x8-12
    Seated Single Leg Curl 3x8-12
    Hip Add. 3x12
    Hip Abd. 3x12
    Glute Machine 3x12
    Standing Calves on Smith Machine 5x15-25
    Seated Calve 5x15-15
    Tibia Machine 5x15-25.

Legs were toasted, they felt great! Today was arms, ****ty day compared to yesterday. I shouldn't of lifted but had to be there for my partner/ friend. I usually wake up around 5:15 to get ready for the day, but wheneve I lift with my friend I get up at 4:30 so I can eat, and lift at 6. I overslept til 5:30 so I had no meals in me before the workout, No pre-workout either. But I had to prove to myself that even if i'm not ready or not I still must put an effort. Every set I wanted to give up but I thought to myself then, "If I quit now, what's the chance of me being disappointed and walking away from this prep." I thought hard, and dug deep for any aggression/ drive I had. I pushed through it, and completed the workout. My weights weren't what I had planned to do, I still used moderate weight about 75% of what I usually do and focused on the stretch and contraction of each exercise. One thing that kept me going was that If I cant bring it physically, I have to bring it mentally. I gotta put my mind to it. If I don't have both the physical or mental ability then I now I shouldn't lift. But Mentally I didn't wanna give up!

Today's Lift:
    Arms:
    Close Grip Bench 4x8-12
    Rope Pushdown 3x8-12
    Rope Ext. 3x8-12
    Reverse Pulldown 3x8-12

Ez Bar Curl 3x8-12
    Hammer Curl 3x8-12
    Machine Preacher 4x8-12
    Incline Curls 3x8-12

Meals for today are same as yesterday.
    really well rounded leg day man, I like the program. I quit the leg extensions because of knee issues and added more volume to my squats and threw in sumo deadlifts for more quad work. You just can't get focus on the quads like you do with extensions though.

28. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    really well rounded leg day man, I like the program. I quit the leg extensions because of knee issues and added more volume to my squats and threw in sumo deadlifts for more quad work. You just can't get focus on the quads like you do with extensions though.
    Thanks! Next week I'm thinking about adding in some drop sets. What did you do to knees that's holding you back from leg ext. ?

29. Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Thanks! Next week I'm thinking about adding in some drop sets. What did you do to knees that's holding you back from leg ext. ?
    I've got some arthritis and it gets aggravaed pretty bad by extensions.

30. Damn that sucks man! I wish you the best of luck trying to workout with that problem.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Plz Help with Superdrol
    By Napilion in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
  3. Terrible School Weightroom PLZ HELP
    By Rebel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:43 PM