Rampage Jackson Arrested 4 Hit & Run

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Rampage Jackson Arrested 4 Hit & Run


    Rampage Jackson was arrested today for a hit & run, while driving in Newport Beach, California. I didn't actually see Rampage or his truck, but I did see a number of police cars whizzing around near the freeway entrance today. It's a shame, this comes at a bad time right after his loss to Forest, I hope it doesn't send him down a bad path.


    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Arrested - MMA on Tap

    Former UFC champion Rampage Jackson arrested - International Herald Tribune

    Cops Say Jackson Went On Rampage - TMZ.com


  2. I just saw this too. He's not going to be fighting for a while. What a jackass.................

  3. wow....that sucks to be him.
    •   
       


  4. Just saw that! Crazy!

  5. Retarded Man. What a waiste! He had alot going for him. Now it's back to the concrete jungle.

  6. Yeah, what was this all about?

    All he did was hit some fools car... but decided not to pull over... hit more *hit... and get jacked up by police.

    Then Dana flies to OC to post bail.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Yeah, what was this all about?

    All he did was hit some fools car... but decided not to pull over... hit more *hit... and get jacked up by police.

    Then Dana flies to OC to post bail.

    Sounds more like somebody was injured, because hes charged with felony hit and run.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Sounds more like somebody was injured, because hes charged with felony hit and run.

    Yeah, it says he was on the way to training, but I think he may have been intoxicated because he drove over the center dividers, he drove the wrong way down one way streets, and finally he drove up onto the sidewalk causing pedestrians to dive out of the way. So there is a good chance someone could have gotten hurt here.

    I have some friends that live down in Balboa, close to me here in Newport Beach, and they witnessed some of this first had. He was ordered out at gunpoint and appeared to be talking / mumbling to himself.

    Sucks for his kids / family

  9. I know he did it to himself, but damn it sucks for Rampage to be in this situation. He could have had a rematch for the belt, but now title contention is far away.

    Hopefully all is well and no one got hurt, but I hope he pulls through this, whatever it was that caused him to do this BS. Whether it be alcohol, drugs, or something personal.

  10. bad few days for page.
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  11. He'll be fine. Dana has the cash to get him a good lawyer and it is in his best interest to keep an asset like Rampage as active as possible. I can almost guarantee that most of the charges will be dropped and/or reduced to just a fine, probation, and some community service.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Sounds more like somebody was injured, because hes charged with felony hit and run.
    Its been confirmed that there have been no human injuries.

  13. Hit and Run in california is an automatic felony.

  14. Just for car accidends? Or also for fat college girls.

    Please advise.

  15. The hilarious part is he was in his truck with his pictures of his mug all over it....

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He'll be fine. Dana has the cash to get him a good lawyer and it is in his best interest to keep an asset like Rampage as active as possible. I can almost guarantee that most of the charges will be dropped and/or reduced to just a fine, probation, and some community service.
    You may be right but he should get a lot worse than community service and some fines if that is the case. Especially if they find that he was intoxicated.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Jaynandez View Post
    You may be right but he should get a lot worse than community service and some fines if that is the case. Especially if they find that he was intoxicated.
    If he was intoxicated - that likely would have come out by now... At least by alcohol.

  18. It was the steroids !!11!1

  19. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    If he was intoxicated - that likely would have come out by now... At least by alcohol.
    Yeah but why would you take off, hit three other vehicles, have one of your tires blow out and keep driving on just a rim before you stop? He had to be trying to hide something. Maybe he forgot to renew his insurance. Yeah that's probably it.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jaynandez View Post
    You may be right but he should get a lot worse than community service and some fines if that is the case. Especially if they find that he was intoxicated.
    Uhhh, Southern California + celebrity = lots and lots of grace. Now if he were hot & blond, they would have already released him and given him a check for his troubles. He might still get his hand slapped, but I tend to agree with Rodja's evaluation. Southern California celebrity culture on top of Dana's willingness to protect his investment, i don't see this as big of a problem as some. Dana might toss people out of TUF reality show without a flinch, but they're not making him millions of dollars.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Uhhh, Southern California + celebrity = lots and lots of grace. Now if he were hot & blond, they would have already released him and given him a check for his troubles. He might still get his hand slapped, but I tend to agree with Rodja's evaluation. Southern California celebrity culture on top of Dana's willingness to protect his investment, i don't see this as big of a problem as some. Dana might toss people out of TUF reality show without a flinch, but they're not making him millions of dollars.
    And even the drunk fools on TUF will get brought back if they get good ratings!!

  22. This is how I see it: With all the top 10 fighters booked for bouts, and Wanderlei Silva fighting in December, he's left to fight: Jardine, Shogun, or Rampage. Wand vs Rampage 3 = big money.

    I hope he pulls it together, whatever the case. I don't want to miss that fight!

  23. Trying to figure out why he has to have his pic on the truck. You would think he would want less attention. Instead he is in a 12ft tall cromed out truck with his pic on it.

    It kinda supprised me because it seemed that he was fairly well grounded...for an MMA figter. :-)

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    Trying to figure out why he has to have his pic on the truck. You would think he would want less attention. Instead he is in a 12ft tall cromed out truck with his pic on it.

    It kinda supprised me because it seemed that he was fairly well grounded...for an MMA figter. :-)
    The truck was a gift from his sponsor Toyo tires I believe.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He'll be fine. Dana has the cash to get him a good lawyer and it is in his best interest to keep an asset like Rampage as active as possible. I can almost guarantee that most of the charges will be dropped and/or reduced to just a fine, probation, and some community service.
    'You know it's sad but true. Sad but TRuuuUUUUE!'

  26. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Uhhh, Southern California + celebrity = lots and lots of grace. Now if he were hot & blond, they would have already released him and given him a check for his troubles. He might still get his hand slapped, but I tend to agree with Rodja's evaluation. Southern California celebrity culture on top of Dana's willingness to protect his investment, i don't see this as big of a problem as some. Dana might toss people out of TUF reality show without a flinch, but they're not making him millions of dollars.

    Hey Volcom, looking gooood, which one is you in your avatar, the guy on the left or the right.

  27. Rampage was arrested again last night and taken to psych hospital. WTF this guy's losing it.

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    Sources say last night an Irvine police car was waved down by people near the place Rampage was staying who said he was acting weird. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

    We’re told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation.

    Cops won’t officially confirm if it’s a psychiatric hold.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Rampage was arrested again last night and taken to psych hospital. WTF this guy's losing it.

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    Sources say last night an Irvine police car was waved down by people near the place Rampage was staying who said he was acting weird. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

    Were told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation.

    Cops wont officially confirm if its a psychiatric hold.
    WTF?! Damn best of luck to him, obviously something is up.

  29. Maybe further contemplation of his controversial loss by questionable decision finally got to him and he's snapping. Perhaps being Champ meant more to him then he knew. Oooorrrr he's just having a bad couple of days. He's one of my favorite personalities, I'd hate to see him go. It's the media and that dang Britney Spears thats making our kids and Pro MMA fighters act the way they are today.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Maybe further contemplation of his controversial loss by questionable decision finally got to him and he's snapping. Perhaps being Champ meant more to him then he knew. Oooorrrr he's just having a bad couple of days. He's one of my favorite personalities, I'd hate to see him go. It's the media and that dang Britney Spears thats making our kids and Pro MMA fighters act the way they are today.
    I agree that Rampage was a good face of the sport. He is a bad ass fighter, funny as hell and can self depricating. I loved his comment after the Forest fight when he said Forest whipped his ass. I hope he can get things straight and back to normal because he can't go 8 months without fighting again and get back on top. Not to mention he seems like a good person and fairly well grounded.

    I remember one of the first times I say him interviewed on a Pride fight. He said what he liked most was that he got paid to slam a MFer and whip his ass without having to go to jail.

  31. Rumor has it that he got arrested again today in Irving, Ca for being a danger to himself and others, and was admitted to a psych ward for examination.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    I agree that Rampage was a good face of the sport. He is a bad ass fighter, funny as hell and can self depricating. I loved his comment after the Forest fight when he said Forest whipped his ass. I hope he can get things straight and back to normal because he can't go 8 months without fighting again and get back on top. Not to mention he seems like a good person and fairly well grounded.

    I remember one of the first times I say him interviewed on a Pride fight. He said what he liked most was that he got paid to slam a MFer and whip his ass without having to go to jail.
    After his win over Ninja Rua he tried giving Ninja the trophy and acknowledged that he thought he lost the fight. That really shows a lot of character so I'd imagine losing the way he did (I believe it was a bullsh*t decision) took it's toll on him.

    You've got to take into consideration that the Pride belt meant a lot to him too. He said he just got it after working so hard for it and lost it.

    No way the UFC was giving him a title shot, Chuck vs Forrest=big $$$. Rampage vs Wandy 3 = Big $$$. Hell i'm sure they'd want to hype up a Shogun vs Rampage 2 before he ever saw a title shot.

    I'd be depressed as sh*t if I was in his situation too.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Sounds more like somebody was injured, because hes charged with felony hit and run.
    You are correct sir.

    "Though authorities had originally stated that no one had been injured, the OC Register reported that a pregnant Huntington Beach woman was hospitalized after her car was sideswiped on the freeway."

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/jac...aluation-13712

  34. Quote Originally Posted by BigCasino View Post
    You are correct sir.

    "Though authorities had originally stated that no one had been injured, the OC Register reported that a pregnant Huntington Beach woman was hospitalized after her car was sideswiped on the freeway."

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/jac...aluation-13712
    Moneh moneh moneh muuhneh... MUHNEEY! But seriously I hope she is alright and doesn't sue.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Moneh moneh moneh muuhneh... MUHNEEY! But seriously I hope she is alright and doesn't sue.
    doesnt sue? shyyt thats guarante money in the bank right there.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    After his win over Ninja Rua he tried giving Ninja the trophy and acknowledged that he thought he lost the fight. That really shows a lot of character so I'd imagine losing the way he did (I believe it was a bullsh*t decision) took it's toll on him.

    You've got to take into consideration that the Pride belt meant a lot to him too. He said he just got it after working so hard for it and lost it.

    No way the UFC was giving him a title shot, Chuck vs Forrest=big $$$. Rampage vs Wandy 3 = Big $$$. Hell i'm sure they'd want to hype up a Shogun vs Rampage 2 before he ever saw a title shot.

    I'd be depressed as sh*t if I was in his situation too.
    I know it would be a long shot, but if Silva destroys Irvin at light heavy and he wants to stay in that division they will hand him a title shot. The thing I love about Silva is he fights 4 times a year vs some champs that are once a year.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    I know it would be a long shot, but if Silva destroys Irvin at light heavy and he wants to stay in that division they will hand him a title shot. The thing I love about Silva is he fights 4 times a year vs some champs that are once a year.
    Anderson isn't staying in the 205 div. He said that belt belongs to Machida.

    Oh yeah and the fact that Anderson fights 4 times a year is awesome IMO. That's probably too many times a year, but lots of love for him doing that, being the champion and all.
    Last edited by Condition1; 07-17-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: forgot to mention.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Oh yeah and the fact that Anderson fights 4 times a year is awesome IMO. That's probably too many times a year, but lots of love for him doing that, being the champion and all.
    Yeah, but when you take no damage in your fights, you can do that.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Rampage was arrested again last night and taken to psych hospital. WTF this guy's losing it.

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    Sources say last night an Irvine police car was waved down by people near the place Rampage was staying who said he was acting weird. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

    Were told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation.

    Cops wont officially confirm if its a psychiatric hold.
    i think you are misleading ppl. jackson did not get arrested again. the article states that a patrol car was going through jackson's neighborhood and the family decided to flag the officer.
    jackson is going through a mental breakdown and ppl should understand that this is something serious. jackson was not dui or had any illegal substances in his car. yes what he did was wrong and he definitely could have hurt ppl, but this is deeper than just somebody breaking the law.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by DaTruthMMA View Post
    i think you are misleading ppl. jackson did not get arrested again. the article states that a patrol car was going through jackson's neighborhood and the family decided to flag the officer.
    jackson is going through a mental breakdown and ppl should understand that this is something serious. jackson was not dui or had any illegal substances in his car. yes what he did was wrong and he definitely could have hurt ppl, but this is deeper than just somebody breaking the law.
    Do you think Rampage's melt down has anything to do with Jaunito retiring? He did go on record and say that he would retire if Forrest beat Page, but I haven't heard if he is actually going to be true to his word or not.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rampage Jackson's wannabe CKD log
    By rampage jackson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
  2. Rampage Arrested after car pursuit
    By holyintellect in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
  3. Havoc Recomp - Rampage Jackson
    By rampage jackson in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 11:38 AM
  4. rampage jackson interview
    By Beelzebub in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
  5. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Log in
Log in