Forrest vs Page (spoiler)

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.1%

Forrest vs Page (spoiler)

I knew it. Page fought like ****. Damn this feels good.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

TUF CHAMPION > PRIDE BELT HOLDER!

3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

dec was questionable.

From a damage standpoint page won. From a leg kicks standpoint forrest won.

Forrest had better ground game but didnt get a sub or barely any GNP.

Page did way more damage than forrest IMO. Cage control was a draw.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    dec was questionable.

From a damage standpoint page won. From a leg kicks standpoint forrest won.

Forrest had better ground game but didnt get a sub or barely any GNP.

Page did way more damage than forrest IMO. Cage control was a draw.
    Here come the excuses......
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.38%

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Here come the excuses......

Obviously it wasn't a dominant win, and it went to dec.

So I'm assuming you've already done your sherdog trolling for the night?
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Obviously it wasn't a dominant win, and it went to dec.

So I'm assuming you've already done your sherdog trolling for the night?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.24%

Dude I would have to say I dont think your making excuses as Cnorris implies, the fight was a good one and a close one. I agree with your damage assesment (Page inflicted more) although Forrest could make a case as he almost chopped page down at the knee, however in cage control I dont see it as tied, Forrest was center in the ring for most of the fight and that whole FULL MOUNT thing didnt help pages case much either..... just sayin man
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.32%

I didn't think Forrest did enough to win. 2nd round he got 10-8. He lost every other round standing up. Rampage was giving it to him, connecting on some clean combos. All Griffin had was leg kicks and the 2nd round, enough to set up Chuck vs Griffin, and Wand vs Rampage 3.... Liddell is champ again, and Dana is happy!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I didn't think Forrest did enough to win. 2nd round he got 10-8. He lost every other round standing up. Rampage was giving it to him, connecting on some clean combos. All Griffin had was leg kicks and the 2nd round, enough to set up Chuck vs Griffin, and Wand vs Rampage 3.... Liddell is champ again, and Dana is happy!
    If Page could not knock Forest Gump out...I seriously doubt that the Pillsbury dough boy...Chuck can...If Forest Gump uses the same gameplan on Pillsbury doughboy and we have similar judging Forest will retain his title.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think it was a close decision and could have gone either way. No disrespect to Forrest, he is now the champ, and that is that. However, if Page won the decision, the argument for it being close would have been the same
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.38%

It's not like it bothered me that Forrest won. I don't think I've ever stated that Page is my favorite fighter, but I just wasn't that sure of the decision. Everytime Page threw a combo I was wondering when forrest was going to get KO'd, and it almost happened a few times. Everytime Forrest threw a combo, I wasn't worried for Page at all. Even on the ground, it was very weak attempts. How can you have mount for 4 minutes and do nothing? You almost gotta take a point away for that...
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I thought it was a pretty obvious decision. There was only one round that I wasn't sure who won, but from my pov it didn't matter b/c I gave Forrest a 10-8 round (and he won more rounds)...JMO though.

Keep in mind that each round is scored independently and the fight as a whole is not collectively scored. More damage could have been done by a fighter in one round than what his opponent did to him the rest of the fight...BUT if said opponent does slightly more damage in each of those other rounds then he still wins said rounds despite having received more damage overall.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir though. I really thought the decision was solid even though I was pulling for Rampage.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.64%

I was rooting for Griffin as the underdog but I thought for sure the Rampage was going to win. I agree with CryingEmo, everytime Griffin got hit, I was like, oh sh*t, he's gonna get knocked out. Griffin is resilient b@stard; he took tons of punishment and was able to still push foward. As far as the win goes, I think it could of gone either way but I had a feeling Griffin was going to win. Imo, it seems like the fan favorites tend to get leniency with the judges. Not sure if this is the case; just my observation. Anyways, regardless of this, I am glad Forrest pulled off the win.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think if it were judged with more scrutiny, Page would have won on technicality. He threw more "connecting" damage. Forrest definitely pressed the fight more and threw more out there, but most of it was blocked and/or evaded, the only thing that caused damage were those leg kicks and he had that second round mount.

I was rooting for Rampage 200%, but I have to admit Forrest seemed to carry a larger arsenal. Its weird how Rampage went from primarily a wrestler who tackles, slams and GNP's, to strictly a boxer. His defensive head, torso movement and a feel for the counter strikes were like a professional boxer, but he seemed like he completely abandoned his wrestling.

I was disappointed, but Forrest earned it.
  15. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%

Slamming Forrest while he had a triangle on Page was badass.

I think this decision was also obvious (I was rooting for Page), Forrest won this and won it pretty decisively imo. Page got some good punches in, but Forrest almost broke Page's leg in half with those leg kicks. Just because scar tissue gets opened up and you see a lot of blood doesn't mean more damage. I promise you Rampage feels a LOT worse today after that fight than Forrest from a "damage" standpoint.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Here are the judges scorecards:
    Adalaide Byrd who scored it 48-46, gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2 and 3 with 2 as 10-8

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46 with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson.

some judges are blind
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.32%

I know Rampage feels robbed. Honestly, Forrest cleaned that second round with the mount, but other than that it was a little exchange game that Rampage connected on and landed combos.

Are they counting that triangle attempt?

Almeida was robbed. Lytle should have been stopped, how much more blood are they wanting?

Disappointing night.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Here are the judges scorecards:
    Adalaide Byrd who scored it 48-46, gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2 and 3 with 2 as 10-8

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46 with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson.

some judges are blind
    Yeah, Nelson's judging was decent. Byrd's doesn't make sense to me. If you give round 5 to Page, then you have to give 3 to Page because they were very similar rounds with Page doing everything a little better in the 3rd than the 5th. Also, with the knockdown in the first I think Rampage wins. He also visibly wobbled him 2 other times.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I know Rampage feels robbed. Honestly, Forrest cleaned that second round with the mount, but other than that it was a little exchange game that Rampage connected on and landed combos.

Are they counting that triangle attempt?

Almeida was robbed. Lytle should have been stopped, how much more blood are they wanting?

Disappointing night.
    I thought Cote won honestly, although it was a ****ty fight. Patrick really should have gone for it in the third. That round was horrid.

I was surprised the Lytle fight wasn't stopped after the second too. His cuts looked nasty and were right over the eye. Glad to see Kos getting better and inflicting some damage on the ground. I don't like him, but he has talent and is really one of the few hopes to challenge GSP in a rematch.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I was rooting for Rampage 200%, but I have to admit Forrest seemed to carry a larger arsenal. Its weird how Rampage went from primarily a wrestler who tackles, slams and GNP's, to strictly a boxer. His defensive head, torso movement and a feel for the counter strikes were like a professional boxer, but he seemed like he completely abandoned his wrestling.
    His trainer, Ibarra, used to be a boxing trainer.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.32%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I thought Cote won honestly, although it was a ****ty fight. Patrick really should have gone for it in the third. That round was horrid.

I was surprised the Lytle fight wasn't stopped after the second too. His cuts looked nasty and were right over the eye. Glad to see Kos getting better and inflicting some damage on the ground. I don't like him, but he has talent and is really one of the few hopes to challenge GSP in a rematch.
    Kos trains in the same Muay Thai camp I trained at a few months ago in Fresno. He's extremely focused but something of a douche outside of the ring.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, Nelson's judging was decent. Byrd's doesn't make sense to me. If you give round 5 to Page, then you have to give 3 to Page because they were very similar rounds with Page doing everything a little better in the 3rd than the 5th. Also, with the knockdown in the first I think Rampage wins. He also visibly wobbled him 2 other times.
    the more I think about it the more I think Page won. Although it was very close. Some of these judges are just damn blind. However, for the UFC this sets up a huge $$$ fight with Forrest and Liddell, which I am sure they would love, as Liddell/Page 3 offered nothing.

Man, now I have to root for Rashad to be Chuck

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bizarre Forrest Interview
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. forrest griffin