Rumored undercard fights for Fedor/Sylvia

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:D:D:D
Just yesterday sherdog released that Fedor will be facing Tim Sylvia over the summer. DreamFighters.com has learned through some sources, and also on the Savage Dog Show, that they have added some fights to the fight card. Here are the rumored bouts:

Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

Andrei Arlovski Vs. Ben Rothwell

Babalu Vs. Mike Whitehead

Pedro Rizzo Vs. Josh Barnett

Alexander Emelienenko vs. TBA

These are however rumors, and from limited sources, but we will bring you confirmation once it happens.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Aleksander can't fight in the US from what I've heard because of his prison record in Russia (and the tattoo on his back).

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aleksander can't fight in the US from what I've heard because of his prison record in Russia (and the tattoo on his back).
I'm not sure if that's true. It might be hard to get a Visa though. And CSAC probably wouldn't license him but other commissions will. There are several fighters with prison histories that have fought stateside. Hopefully he can fight here though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even w/o Aleks, that is a sick card. Someone cue up some Era because it's Enae Volare Mezzo time...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rothwell might beat Arlovski, but I doubt it. Rothwell is poor mans Barnett, IMO, maybe homeless.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
There is no way this is what the card will be. It's someone's christmas list.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There is no way this is what the card will be. It's someone's christmas list.
It aint that good, especially considering Aleksander isn't likely to fight here. I agree though, too good to be true.

MMABoxing

Awards
thats a great card. cant wait for the Affliction card

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Other undercard fights:

Godzilla versus King Kong
Igor Volchcyn versus Bruce Lee

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually a compliment to barnett

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually a compliment to barnett
Ah, you just kinda made it seem like his age was a bad thing. If anything, it's because Rizzo is older and almost punch-drunk. When they fought, Rizzo was a machine and Barnett was just coming into his own.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Barnett/Rizzo has been confirmed by Rizzo according to sherdog. I can't wait for this event, even if the rest of the card doesn't pan out it's still huge in my book.

Most have already begun the Sylvia isn't a threat ither talk. Who does Fedor have to fight for it to be legit? The only better fights for him at this point are probably Couture and Barnett. So he's arguably fighting the 3rd biggest threat available that he hasn't already beaten. I really hope he fights Couture after he beats Sylvia so people will just shut the fvck up.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Barnett/Rizzo has been confirmed by Rizzo according to sherdog. I can't wait for this event, even if the rest of the card doesn't pan out it's still huge in my book.

Most have already begun the Sylvia isn't a threat ither talk. Who does Fedor have to fight for it to be legit? The only better fights for him at this point are probably Couture and Barnett. So he's arguably fighting the 3rd biggest threat available that he hasn't already beaten. I really hope he fights Couture after he beats Sylvia so people will just shut the fvck up.
I agree, but you forgot Sergei. I think he would be a tougher fight for Fedor than Randy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I agree, but you forgot Sergei. I think he would be a tougher fight for Fedor than Randy.
I agree, Sergei would be a tougher test for Fedor. I'd like to shut the mouths of all the Randy worshippers before he's too old to fight Fedor. Then Sergei/Barnett/up and comers, maybe even Lesnar in a few years, to shut CNorris' mouth.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I agree, Sergei would be a tougher test for Fedor. I'd like to shut the mouths of all the Randy worshippers before he's too old to fight Fedor. Then Sergei/Barnett/up and comers, maybe even Lesnar in a few years, to shut CNorris' mouth.
Same here, Im definitely not anti-Randy, but Fedor needs to beat that ass just to shut everyone up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
AA-Rothwell confirmed.

http://www.mmahq.com/2008/05/12/andre-arlovski-vs-ben-rothwell-at-affliction-banned/

Affliction just announced today that Andre Arlovski and Ben Rothwell will fight each other at Affliction: Banned on July 19.

The “Banned” fight card will be the first show promoted by Affliction and has one of the best fight cards of the year. Both Rothwell and Arlovski are under contract with Adrenaline MMA but are fighting with permission on the Affliction card. Since the inaugural Adrenaline event is just a month earlier, both fighters will not be available for the Adrenaline show. The Adrenaline website does say both fighters are still scheduled to compete on the second Adrenaline fight card on September 6.

Here is the current fight card for the Affliction: Banned event:

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Card is looking good. Hopefully theyll somehow manage to keep Alex on the card. Sucks that its not in Dallas anymore, cuz I was gonna go. :frustrate

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Wow, this is impressive. I wonder what the odds will be on Rothwell/Arlovski, if Arlovski is heavily favored I may have to hit up Bodog.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Card is looking good. Hopefully theyll somehow manage to keep Alex on the card. Sucks that its not in Dallas anymore, cuz I was gonna go. :frustrate
Me, too. It was gonna be an awesome bday present.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
****ed my back up again yesterday. Needed to take the day off.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, deadlifting Twinkle. Makes sense...

Did you get the sh!t ironed out with Boggie?
Somewhat. Still dont know how much I trust someone who didnt know a lhwt class existed. Or someone named Bogey for that matter.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somewhat. Still dont know how much I trust someone who didnt know a lhwt class existed. Or someone named Bogey for that matter.
True, but there'll be 3 others from the gym there. I'm gonna corner Devon at the XFC event.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Maybe Bogey is only familiar with "Iron Ring" where their is no WW or LHW.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Aleksander Emelianenko (Pictures) will fight Paul Buentello (Pictures) at Affliction's debut event July 19 in Anaheim, Calif., the promotion announced Tuesday.

Emelianenko, the younger brother of Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures), has won four straight bouts. He holds a record of 13-3, with wins over Sergei Kharitonov (Pictures), Assuerio Silva (Pictures) and Pawel Nastula (Pictures).

Buentello, 25-10, had also won four straight before Alistair Overeem (Pictures) defeated him in Strikeforce last November.

Affliction also announced the signing of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (Pictures). The brother of UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures), Rogerio is 13-3 in MMA. He fought most recently in February, stopping Todd Gouwenberg (Pictures) in the second round of a Hardcore Championship Fighting bout in Canada.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aleksander Emelianenko (Pictures) will fight Paul Buentello (Pictures) at Affliction's debut event July 19 in Anaheim, Calif., the promotion announced Tuesday.

Emelianenko, the younger brother of Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures), has won four straight bouts. He holds a record of 13-3, with wins over Sergei Kharitonov (Pictures), Assuerio Silva (Pictures) and Pawel Nastula (Pictures).

Buentello, 25-10, had also won four straight before Alistair Overeem (Pictures) defeated him in Strikeforce last November.

Affliction also announced the signing of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (Pictures). The brother of UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures), Rogerio is 13-3 in MMA. He fought most recently in February, stopping Todd Gouwenberg (Pictures) in the second round of a Hardcore Championship Fighting bout in Canada.
About time Lil Nog got picked up by a big promotion. IDK why the UFC didn't go after him, especially with all of the uncertainty in LHW division.