• Poll closed .
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As some of you know, I have a fight coming up on May 3rd. I don't recall if I have said this yet, but this will be my last fight for a couple years as I am about to start grad school in the fall. My undergrad has been easy, but I doubt I'll be able to juggle training, school, and teaching.

Anywho, back to the task at hand. I am debating what I should use as my entrance music and I have come up with these 4 choices.
1. "Sandstorm"-Darude
http://klassikal.free.fr/Musics/DaRude - Sandstorm(Original) (1).mp3
2. "Paper Tigers"-Thrice
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
3. "Till I Collapse"-Eminem
http://www.vegashotboyz.com/TillICollapse.mp3
4. "Take the Night Off"-Sick of It All
http://www.sickofitall.com/soia-nightoff.mp3

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I went with Eminem. Sandstorm is a pretty old track and the others werent my style. Hip Hop/Rap is the way to go imo.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My friend already called Era, BTW.
He's fighting in the same event? Robdog? That is the ultimate entrance music, Enae Volare Mezzo. I guess it would be cheesy if you came out to Aleksander's entrance, Ameno?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Sandstorm's too generic sounding,
I hear it on diet pill commercials and those big chain gyms using it for their 'stop being a fat-ass for summer!' type promotions, etc. every year it seems like. If I were a fighter who might not be coming back to the ring for a while I wouldn't wanna go with something that sounded old & tired. There's lots of good hip-hop/rap tracks for fighting, I'd stay away from eminem given a choice. I know he's written serious stuff, but half the time he markets himself as a joke and when he is serious, it's so full of whiny angst I just can't pick up a truly hardcore vibe from him. I AM a metal head, but have been exposed to enough rap to know there's better out there for invoking deadly confidence. Take older Wu-Tang stuff for example.

How about 'Death Comes Ripping?' Glenn Danzig's original version from the Misfits and Cradle of Filth's cover version would both do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should also mention that "Sandstorm" is Wand's entrance music, which is why I am debating on using it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
"Hurt", by NIN or Cash's version? Emotional as hell, would fire you up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Hurt", by NIN or Cash's version? Emotional as hell, would fire you up.
Or make me want to off myself. I saw NIN live and I can't separate those images from the song. I have never felt a song live as I have that one.

I think Rob is going to use Ameno actually.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Between those four I would stick with Thrice, but I think it would be bad @ss to walk out to Hendrix VooDoo Chile IMO. Good Luck in your fight also.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Or make me want to off myself. I saw NIN live and I can't separate those images from the song. I have never felt a song live as I have that one.

I think Rob is going to use Ameno actually.
True that, bad mood + alcohol + "Hurt" = Kevorkian.

What weight does Rob fight at? Who's got better jits?:twisted:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True that, bad mood + alcohol + "Hurt" = Kevorkian.

What weight does Rob fight at? Who's got better jits?:twisted:
He'll be at 185; I have the better jits, but he's a better wrestler. Plus, the dude is a beast.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool, can't wait to see both of your fights.
ATM, there are 4 people from my gym on this card.

There is also a possibility of me getting a rematch with my first opponent. Kinda full circle for me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
ATM, there are 4 people from my gym on this card.

There is also a possibility of me getting a rematch with my first opponent. Kinda full circle for me.
Oooh, nice. That would be awesome to get that rematch, win or lose. From what I remember of the fight, it wasn't like he was on another level. Is their any way I can find that fight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I kind of like the vibe this song has as entrance music. Might not have enough energy for you though. Maybe start it off somewhere in the middle.

YouTube - When the Levee Breaks
You mean Zeppelin "When the Levee Breaks". You've been listening to too much rap if you don't know that one.

I really like Lateralus at about the 7 min mark or so. It's intense.

Otherwise, maybe Trace Adkins. :blink:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You mean Zeppelin "When the Levee Breaks". You've been listening to too much rap if you don't know that one.
Led Zeppelin is my favorite group of all time, by far. Just didn't feel like writing all that since I was gonna play the song.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Led Zeppelin is my favorite group of all time, by far. Just didn't feel like writing all that since I was gonna play the song.
:cheers: I understand the laziness. It sounded like you didn't know the song, though.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First choice- Thrice. **** gets me pumped. I posed to Silhouette at my show last March.

Second choice- SOIA.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First choice- Thrice. **** gets me pumped. I posed to Silhouette at my show last March.

Second choice- SOIA.
Paper Tigers has been my flavor of the week. Thrice is an incredible band.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
:cheers: I understand the laziness. It sounded like you didn't know the song, though.
Yeah, you're right, I actually thought that as I was writing it, but was still too lazy to write it. I've been a huge Zeppelin fan since I was about 12. It's amazing how much good music they delivered. IMO no band comes even close to them. They're the Fedor of music. If Bonham wouldn't have died, man.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Right here. I gassed so badly and it pisses me off to this day.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=391969
At that pace I would've gassed in 45 secs. You were expending so much more energy than him, a little bit spastic, probably nerves. Wasn't that your first pro fight? I couldn't tell because of the camera angle, were a lot of those shots landing hard at the end when he had you mounted? I don't know man, I hope you get that rematch, you can beat that guy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At that pace I would've gassed in 45 secs. You were expending so much more energy than him, a little bit spastic, probably nerves. Wasn't that your first pro fight? I couldn't tell because of the camera angle, were a lot of those shots landing hard at the end when he had you mounted? I don't know man, I hope you get that rematch, you can beat that guy.
They weren't hard at all. If you'll notice, I sat right up. I didn't focus on my conditioning nearly as much as I should have and I had that whole break-up with the GF BS on my mind. Definitely not the idela circumstances for my debut. I still should have locked that omoplata, though...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
They weren't hard at all. If you'll notice, I sat right up. I didn't focus on my conditioning nearly as much as I should have and I had that whole break-up with the GF BS on my mind. Definitely not the idela circumstances for my debut. I still should have locked that omoplata, though...
When I omoplata wrestler buddies of mine, I always have trouble scooting my legs out to be able to sit forward and put pressure on the shoulder, but sometimes I just take their wrist and crank it up, almost like an uppercut motion.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I omoplata wrestler buddies of mine, I always have trouble scooting my legs out to be able to sit forward and put pressure on the shoulder, but sometimes I just take their wrist and crank it up, almost like an uppercut motion.
I let go of the wrist and he escaped. I also should have gone for a suplex when he turned his back to me. I could've Randleman'd him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I let go of the wrist and he escaped. I also should have gone for a suplex when he turned his back to me. I could've Randleman'd him.
Seems like you're better at everything than that guy. I think you might be able to overwhelm him early in a rematch.

You don't see omoplata's that much in MMA. Can you finish an omoplata if you aren't on both knees but instead still kind of on your ass with your legs folded underneath/to the side(on a decently skilled fighter of course). Sorry, I know my descriptions are hard to understand, but I'm not exactly a jiu jitsu wiz so it's hard for me to explain.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, are you allowed to take any stims pre-fight. Like RPM, adrenaline, etc. I know ephedrine is banned in the UFC, but I'm curious how far it goes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like you're better at everything than that guy. I think you might be able to overwhelm him early in a rematch.

You don't see omoplata's that much in MMA. Can you finish an omoplata if you aren't on both knees but instead still kind of on your ass with your legs folded underneath/to the side(on a decently skilled fighter of course). Sorry, I know my descriptions are hard to understand, but I'm not exactly a jiu jitsu wiz so it's hard for me to explain.
No, but you can if you can get your inside knee/hip to the ground.

Jas, I can take stims before-hand (I took RPM before my fight in November). I have an albuterol inhaler and I use that as well.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with Eminem. Angry music always gets me fired up.

Sandstorm is to "underage disco" type music. Might as well play DJ Sammy.

and goodluck Rodja!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
listen to them all before the fight and whichever you are feeling the most just run with that. do you have to give it in advance?

I was going to say sandstorm but that is like someone said a lil generic and i dont think itll do the job. Id probably go with the eminem out of those 4.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor!

Can't remember who sings it, but it pumps me up in the gym!

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
I always wanted to come out to Zepplin's No Quarter.. maybe Blind by Korn
Right here. I gassed so badly and it pisses me off to this day.

Local | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
Sick flexibility man, I thought it was going to be over when you had the omoplata almost locked in. There is some legitimately good information in bravo's mastering the rubber guard when it comes to that position- not the usual gimmicky stuff.

Hope to hear of a rematch victory :duel:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I always wanted to come out to Zepplin's No Quarter.. maybe Blind by Korn

Sick flexibility man, I thought it was going to be over when you had the omoplata almost locked in. There is some legitimately good information in bravo's mastering the rubber guard when it comes to that position- not the usual gimmicky stuff.

Hope to hear of a rematch victory :duel:
No Quarter would be nice, that's a crazy song. So many Zeppelin songs would make for nice entrance music. I remember Babalu used to come out to Kashmir, since the 90's when he was fighting in BVT.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kashmir or No Quarter would be dope.

Otherwise,
"I wanna sex you up" - Color Me Bad

Do the Bartman - ?

Hiroshimaing - Jas

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap, that takes me back to my childhood. I used to have The Simpsons Sing the Blues on cassette.