View Poll Results: Which Track

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Sandstorm

    1 10.00%
  • Paper Tigers

    4 40.00%
  • Till Collapse

    5 50.00%
  • Take the Night Off

    0 0%

A little help from my fellow AM'ers

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    A little help from my fellow AM'ers


    As some of you know, I have a fight coming up on May 3rd. I don't recall if I have said this yet, but this will be my last fight for a couple years as I am about to start grad school in the fall. My undergrad has been easy, but I doubt I'll be able to juggle training, school, and teaching.

    Anywho, back to the task at hand. I am debating what I should use as my entrance music and I have come up with these 4 choices.
    1. "Sandstorm"-Darude
    http://klassikal.free.fr/Musics/DaRu...ginal) (1).mp3
    2. "Paper Tigers"-Thrice
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    3. "Till I Collapse"-Eminem
    http://www.vegashotboyz.com/TillICollapse.mp3
    4. "Take the Night Off"-Sick of It All
    http://www.sickofitall.com/soia-nightoff.mp3
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  2. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Board Sponsor
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    I went with Eminem. Sandstorm is a pretty old track and the others werent my style. Hip Hop/Rap is the way to go imo.
  3. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    I gotta go with Sandstorm, but let me think about it a little. I'll provide you with a few more options whether you like it or not.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I gotta go with Sandstorm, but let me think about it a little. I'll provide you with a few more options whether you like it or not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLzGvDKN_U
    My friend already called Era, BTW.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0
  6. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My friend already called Era, BTW.
    He's fighting in the same event? Robdog? That is the ultimate entrance music, Enae Volare Mezzo. I guess it would be cheesy if you came out to Aleksander's entrance, Ameno?
  7. Registered User
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Answers
    0

    Sandstorm's too generic sounding,
    I hear it on diet pill commercials and those big chain gyms using it for their 'stop being a fat-ass for summer!' type promotions, etc. every year it seems like. If I were a fighter who might not be coming back to the ring for a while I wouldn't wanna go with something that sounded old & tired. There's lots of good hip-hop/rap tracks for fighting, I'd stay away from eminem given a choice. I know he's written serious stuff, but half the time he markets himself as a joke and when he is serious, it's so full of whiny angst I just can't pick up a truly hardcore vibe from him. I AM a metal head, but have been exposed to enough rap to know there's better out there for invoking deadly confidence. Take older Wu-Tang stuff for example.

    How about 'Death Comes Ripping?' Glenn Danzig's original version from the Misfits and Cradle of Filth's cover version would both do.
  8. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    You are fighting in Texas, right? This is more of a joke, but...
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    I should also mention that "Sandstorm" is Wand's entrance music, which is why I am debating on using it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    "Hurt", by NIN or Cash's version? Emotional as hell, would fire you up.
  11. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I should also mention that "Sandstorm" is Wand's entrance music, which is why I am debating on using it.
    haha, you don't say.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    "Hurt", by NIN or Cash's version? Emotional as hell, would fire you up.
    Or make me want to off myself. I saw NIN live and I can't separate those images from the song. I have never felt a song live as I have that one.

    I think Rob is going to use Ameno actually.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,008
    Answers
    0

    Between those four I would stick with Thrice, but I think it would be bad @ss to walk out to Hendrix VooDoo Chile IMO. Good Luck in your fight also.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  14. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Or make me want to off myself. I saw NIN live and I can't separate those images from the song. I have never felt a song live as I have that one.

    I think Rob is going to use Ameno actually.
    True that, bad mood + alcohol + "Hurt" = Kevorkian.

    What weight does Rob fight at? Who's got better jits?
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Between those four I would stick with Thrice, but I think it would be bad @ss to walk out to Hendrix VooDoo Chile IMO. Good Luck in your fight also.
    I'm not a bid Hendrix fan.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    True that, bad mood + alcohol + "Hurt" = Kevorkian.

    What weight does Rob fight at? Who's got better jits?
    He'll be at 185; I have the better jits, but he's a better wrestler. Plus, the dude is a beast.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He'll be at 185; I have the better jits, but he's a better wrestler. Plus, the dude is a beast.
    Cool, can't wait to see both of your fights.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Cool, can't wait to see both of your fights.
    ATM, there are 4 people from my gym on this card.

    There is also a possibility of me getting a rematch with my first opponent. Kinda full circle for me.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    I kind of like the vibe this song has as entrance music. Might not have enough energy for you though. Maybe start it off somewhere in the middle.

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  20. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    ATM, there are 4 people from my gym on this card.

    There is also a possibility of me getting a rematch with my first opponent. Kinda full circle for me.
    Oooh, nice. That would be awesome to get that rematch, win or lose. From what I remember of the fight, it wasn't like he was on another level. Is their any way I can find that fight?
  21. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I kind of like the vibe this song has as entrance music. Might not have enough energy for you though. Maybe start it off somewhere in the middle.

    YouTube - When the Levee Breaks
    You mean Zeppelin "When the Levee Breaks". You've been listening to too much rap if you don't know that one.

    I really like Lateralus at about the 7 min mark or so. It's intense.



    Otherwise, maybe Trace Adkins.
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Oooh, nice. That would be awesome to get that rematch, win or lose. From what I remember of the fight, it wasn't like he was on another level. Is their any way I can find that fight?
    Right here. I gassed so badly and it pisses me off to this day.

    http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...videoId=391969
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    You mean Zeppelin "When the Levee Breaks". You've been listening to too much rap if you don't know that one.
    Led Zeppelin is my favorite group of all time, by far. Just didn't feel like writing all that since I was gonna play the song.
  24. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Led Zeppelin is my favorite group of all time, by far. Just didn't feel like writing all that since I was gonna play the song.
    I understand the laziness. It sounded like you didn't know the song, though.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Answers
    0

    First choice- Thrice. **** gets me pumped. I posed to Silhouette at my show last March.

    Second choice- SOIA.
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    First choice- Thrice. **** gets me pumped. I posed to Silhouette at my show last March.

    Second choice- SOIA.
    Paper Tigers has been my flavor of the week. Thrice is an incredible band.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I understand the laziness. It sounded like you didn't know the song, though.
    Yeah, you're right, I actually thought that as I was writing it, but was still too lazy to write it. I've been a huge Zeppelin fan since I was about 12. It's amazing how much good music they delivered. IMO no band comes even close to them. They're the Fedor of music. If Bonham wouldn't have died, man.
  28. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Right here. I gassed so badly and it pisses me off to this day.

    http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...videoId=391969
    At that pace I would've gassed in 45 secs. You were expending so much more energy than him, a little bit spastic, probably nerves. Wasn't that your first pro fight? I couldn't tell because of the camera angle, were a lot of those shots landing hard at the end when he had you mounted? I don't know man, I hope you get that rematch, you can beat that guy.
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    At that pace I would've gassed in 45 secs. You were expending so much more energy than him, a little bit spastic, probably nerves. Wasn't that your first pro fight? I couldn't tell because of the camera angle, were a lot of those shots landing hard at the end when he had you mounted? I don't know man, I hope you get that rematch, you can beat that guy.
    They weren't hard at all. If you'll notice, I sat right up. I didn't focus on my conditioning nearly as much as I should have and I had that whole break-up with the GF BS on my mind. Definitely not the idela circumstances for my debut. I still should have locked that omoplata, though...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    They weren't hard at all. If you'll notice, I sat right up. I didn't focus on my conditioning nearly as much as I should have and I had that whole break-up with the GF BS on my mind. Definitely not the idela circumstances for my debut. I still should have locked that omoplata, though...
    When I omoplata wrestler buddies of mine, I always have trouble scooting my legs out to be able to sit forward and put pressure on the shoulder, but sometimes I just take their wrist and crank it up, almost like an uppercut motion.
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    When I omoplata wrestler buddies of mine, I always have trouble scooting my legs out to be able to sit forward and put pressure on the shoulder, but sometimes I just take their wrist and crank it up, almost like an uppercut motion.
    I let go of the wrist and he escaped. I also should have gone for a suplex when he turned his back to me. I could've Randleman'd him.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I let go of the wrist and he escaped. I also should have gone for a suplex when he turned his back to me. I could've Randleman'd him.
    Seems like you're better at everything than that guy. I think you might be able to overwhelm him early in a rematch.

    You don't see omoplata's that much in MMA. Can you finish an omoplata if you aren't on both knees but instead still kind of on your ass with your legs folded underneath/to the side(on a decently skilled fighter of course). Sorry, I know my descriptions are hard to understand, but I'm not exactly a jiu jitsu wiz so it's hard for me to explain.
  33. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Rodja, are you allowed to take any stims pre-fight. Like RPM, adrenaline, etc. I know ephedrine is banned in the UFC, but I'm curious how far it goes.
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Seems like you're better at everything than that guy. I think you might be able to overwhelm him early in a rematch.

    You don't see omoplata's that much in MMA. Can you finish an omoplata if you aren't on both knees but instead still kind of on your ass with your legs folded underneath/to the side(on a decently skilled fighter of course). Sorry, I know my descriptions are hard to understand, but I'm not exactly a jiu jitsu wiz so it's hard for me to explain.
    No, but you can if you can get your inside knee/hip to the ground.

    Jas, I can take stims before-hand (I took RPM before my fight in November). I have an albuterol inhaler and I use that as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0
  36. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Answers
    0

    Seriously though, I think this would be nasty to come out to.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    My BJJ instructor has a monopoly reggae.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0

    Bumpage.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,409
    Answers
    0

    Other: http://www.distort-ro.com/Titan/mp3/...20Yourself.mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
    You want it, you better never let it go
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo,
  40. Registered User
    Link24's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    746
    Answers
    0

    Eminem for sure!!!!! This song gets me amped
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
  2. Help a fellow AM'r out?
    By neoborn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
  3. To My Fellow Metalheads...
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
  4. hey, help my friend and fellow iron bro out please
    By corteztk1982 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in